IGNORED

West 'Am - Sunday 7th Jan. 2pm

cheese

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

We’ve never taken 9000 away in my lifetime

Some notable efforts at Forest , Anfield and Man City but not 9000

You will be fine

Man City sold out. Members didn’t get a look in.

We took 45k to Wembley for a game against Walsall.

Lot of interest in this one. Season ticket holders who want one should be fine, less certain for members like me.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Hadn't realised that Members never got Man City away tickets.

Actually, I was wrong. Just checked. As a member I remember not even trying, but I recall now that’s because I couldn’t make it!

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/man-city-away-sold-out/#:~:text=City's Carabao Cup semi-final,in the last 24 hours.

20 minutes ago, eardun said:

I’ve been wondering how many we took to Forest in the league cup semi and how that would compare to West Ham. Feels like yesterday! But I’ve got no idea on how many of us were there (felt a lot though). I was at the MKD one more recently too and yes that was around 5k. I’ve also just been reminiscing about Rovers 1 City 2 at Eastville as 40 years ago (Dec 83) and felt packed on the terraces that day. 

Eastville '83 nowhere near that number, (14,396 total attendance) 

Eastville '75 (the 4-1 win) near 10,000 City fans (20,933)

Eastville '76 (promotion season 0-0) well over 10,000 City fans (26,430)

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I was at Coventry but no away allocations then , City fans everywhere in ground ,so difficult to know numbers 

Fxxking thousands , bunked off school city fans were everywhere around Highfield road , haven’t got the best of memories but can remember that 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Wasn’t going to go. But with the exceptional pricing I’ve just bought our tickets.

Remember when we had West Ham at home in the cup. And City were going to get a bubble machine for them to run out to. So out of touch 

Was never going to happen just Chinese whispers etc etc 

On 12/12/2023 at 13:42, W-S-M Seagull said:

West Ham will likely sell out too. So for me bar finals at Wembley and the Millennium stadium this will be the biggest crowd I've seen us play in front of. 

Surely the biggest crowd would have been watching us at the super mem against the Barcelona of league 1 😂😂

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I suppose anyone who’s been to 3+ away games at this stage of the season is a pretty regular away tripper, so you’d expect most of them to be up for an attractive fixture like this.

Will be interesting to see what happens Friday. I’m worried!

Don't worry, they'll be plenty of tickets going around if you offer £30 or £40 😬

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I’ve got 3, West Ham will be 4 away days but I’m wondering how many Plymouth is likely to be.

It’s not until Easter but looking at the fixtures I don’t think I’ll have any more than 5 or 6 by then and I reckon they’ll be snapped up by fans with a good number of away days.

Plymouth will be 6/7 plus imo 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Don't worry, they'll be plenty of tickets going around if you offer £30 or £40 😬

You tried throwing this around the other day, on what basis do you keep this idea that there will be plenty of City fans looking to rip off fellow City supporters? 

Edited by Betty Swallocks
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Makes you wonder why I can log on now to buy tickets for Birmingham away on the 29th December, and the only option is £1.50 postage?

Maybe because the last postage date for Birmingham is today? And West Ham tickets only went on sale yesterday? And volume of WH tickets?

5 minutes ago, Tokyo Red said:

Maybe because the last postage date for Birmingham is today? And West Ham tickets only went on sale yesterday? And volume of WH tickets?

Also we don't know when the club will have possession of the tickets from West Ham.

They are only available for collection from January 1st so I'd assume they haven't already arrived ready for allocation to orders to pop in the post.

• Like 1

Wondered what people's thoughts are on if this will make general sale?

The impression I'm getting is that it's unlikely. So it would be worth buying a membership to get access to tickets on Monday? £25 membership + £15 ticket seems reasonable considering the occasion. Only downside is having to give the Lansdowns more of my money 🤣

Edited by Wokingham Red
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, myol'man said:

Eastville '83 nowhere near that number, (14,396 total attendance) 

Eastville '75 (the 4-1 win) near 10,000 City fans (20,933)

Eastville '76 (promotion season 0-0) well over 10,000 City fans (26,430)

That “76 game was unbelievably packed on the Muller Rd End, I spent most of the game stood on the dog track, the 4-1 win was late ‘74

• Like 1

10 hours ago, redkev said:

Fxxking thousands , bunked off school city fans were everywhere around Highfield road , haven’t got the best of memories but can remember that 

I was threatened I'd lose my job as I walked out of College to go.
Got the coach from the Gate and got there just on kick off, half of their end was City and all around the ground. 
As @slartibartfast said , I heard around 15k

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Hi @Tokyo Red Perhaps you could explain why the Birmingham tickets are not being sent out this way when that fixture is before West Ham?

I would guess it’s because you could collect duplicates from Birmingham on the day if not received, West Ham this is not an option so the club need to ensure tickets are with supporters before the day so have put in tracked delivery and passing that cost on to us….. or they are just trying to get an extra £1.50 per delivery to add to JL’s crayon collection.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, eardun said:

I’ve been wondering how many we took to Forest in the league cup semi and how that would compare to West Ham. Feels like yesterday! But I’ve got no idea on how many of us were there (felt a lot though). I was at the MKD one more recently too and yes that was around 5k. I’ve also just been reminiscing about Rovers 1 City 2 at Eastville as 40 years ago (Dec 83) and felt packed on the terraces that day. 

Reckon Forest was about 7000.

The crowd for the Rovers cup tie was 14000, no chance more than half of those were City, my guess is about 5000 were ours.

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Reckon Forest was about 7000.

The crowd for the Rovers cup tie was 14000, no chance more than half of those were City, my guess is about 5000 were ours.

I thought I’d try and see if I could find out Graham

According to a piece by Richard Latham it was 8000, I thought it was more towards 9000

What struck me was he mentions we played 64 fixtures that season League & Cup !! and Biff Newman and Alan Walsh played every single game !

What he also states , and he was on the players coach , is the coach was so held up in the traffic heading for the City Ground the players had to change on the coach and only arrived 30 mins before kick off , and ran straight from the coach Onto the pitch for a warm up !!  

I never knew that 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1