IGNORED

West 'Am - Sunday 7th Jan. 2pm

cheese

Well I wonder if the club will be looking at this and wondering if making tickets cheaper will fill the stadium and I mean actual people in the stadium not just sold seats. 

Ideally they would get bums on the seats that belong to season card holders that rarely go, which in the South stand seems to be real problem in recent times.

Difficult to do while still being fair to season card holders, I know. 

• Like 1

The rule

From the Athletic pages.

The calculation is quite simple in the FA Cup. Prior to the semi-final and final, which are played at Wembley, visiting clubs are allowed up to 15 per cent of all tickets for the stadium they are playing at. That is unless 15 per cent of the stadium exceeds 9,000

To add to that, looks like Leeds got 8,900 same stage 2022. 

Maybe , just maybe ?

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Well I wonder if the club will be looking at this and wondering if making tickets cheaper will fill the stadium and I mean actual people in the stadium not just sold seats. 

Ideally they would get bums on the seats that belong to season card holders that rarely go, which in the South stand seems to be real problem in recent times.

Difficult to do while still being fair to season card holders, I know. 

My solution to this is that if a STH fails to attend X amount of home games (without a good reason) then they forfeit their seat. 

I simply refuse to believe that we have 1000s buying adult season tickets and then not attending. 

These empty seats are kid STs..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

My solution to this is that if a STH fails to attend X amount of home games (without a good reason) then they forfeit their seat. 

I simply refuse to believe that we have 1000s buying adult season tickets and then not attending. 

That challenge would be 'what is a good reason?'

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What would be a good reason? And how will the club know if it is the truth?

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The solution is incredibly simple, make the free shirt offer that goes with U12 tickets apply to the family area in the Upper Lansdown only.

Still sell kids tickets elsewhere, just no free shirt unless it's in the family area.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That’s what the likes of Man Utd do now but minus the (without good reason)

The odd thing is it’s not just the odd couple of seats, there’ll be 15 /20 seats in a row without anyone in, all supposedly sold and that’s in every section of the SS. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What's the problem? We don't sell out, It's not like people are locked out is it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pezo said:

What's the problem? We don't sell out, It's not like people are locked out is it?

Most games it is virtually impossible to buy more than single seats in the SS 2 or 3 days before the match - Take a look, there is one ticket available in one of the corners for tomorrow, that is it.

There is a good 10-20% of the seats empty virtually every match, not a good look and doesn't help the atmosphere

I should also add that I think a lot of people buy SS tickets because they are the cheapest, then go and find empty seats in the Lansdown or Dolman. That is an altogether trickier problem to fix.

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder if it's worth a 'pass your spares on' thread.

No idea what the forum rules are about that sort of thing though. 

A lot of a club Forums have similar so I can’t see why not

As long as no one is touting tickets for profit seems oerfectly legal , and a good shout 

Just noticed on West Ham’s they have a whole subsection for match day ticket requests , spares etc etc

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

The solution is incredibly simple, make the free shirt offer that goes with U12 tickets apply to the family area in the Upper Lansdown only.

Still sell kids tickets elsewhere, just no free shirt unless it's in the family area.

That's simple, but also shit. My kids don't want to sit in the family area. They want to sit in the dolman, not with the prawn sandwich brigade. They love hearing a good swear. They laugh at the guy who shouts "defend it" at every corner, for every game, every year. "What else are they going to do, Dad?" they say. 

Why can't they have a free shirt? 

Just get rid of the free shirt offer. £99 still very cheap. Be nice if we could actually buy a shirt though, stock levels are abysmal.

Edited by pj76
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pj76 said:

That's simple, but also shit. My kids don't want to sit in the family area. They want to sit in the dolman, not with the prawn sandwich brigade. They love hearing a good swear. They laugh at the guy who shouts "defend it" at every corner, for every game, every year. "What else are they going to do, Dad?" they say. 

Why can't they have a free shirt? 

Just get rid of the free shirt offer. £99 still very cheap. Be nice if we could actually buy a shirt though.

Maybe a home shirt if in Family area 

An away shirt if in the Dolman

And for the cheapskates in SS, Splat Robin 

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Pezo said:

The times I’ve been asked about tickets for matches where a group of lads, often who usually play but for whatever reason aren’t, want to go to a game but all that’s available are 2 seats here and there in the Dolman for £35.

In the South stand they could comfortably seat the whole team together on most match days in any section but there are none or few available .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Ah, im back at school then!! 🙄🙄🙄

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

But my son will like to sit in the Dolman with me, listening to the pr1ck behind me still not understanding the offside rule. 😂😂.
Its good education for my 7 year old to understand how stupid a single adult can actually be! 😂😂😂