IGNORED

West 'Am - Sunday 7th Jan. 2pm

cheese

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I couldn't think a worse way to travel to a big day out

Might not be the best way but car train etc is just a ball ache,Trains and underground is a absolute nightmare on the day. We decided to drive but then you have a rip off clean air fee which I refuse to pay and also parking agro so going by coach is just cheapest and best way also stress free.

16 minutes ago, Street red said:

Might not be the best way but car train etc is just a ball ache,Trains and underground is an absolute nightmare on the day. We decided to drive but then you have a rip off clean air fee which I refuse to pay and also parking agro so going by coach is just cheapest and best way also stress free.

Why are trains and underground a nightmare, you don’t even need underground for West Ham 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimmo said:

Another ticket just appeared on the website if any STH is looking for one. Now up to 29 CATs coaches going too :clap:

That’s some convoy, are they staggering the departure times?

Went to Millwall once on an official coach, driver missed the rendezvous with the police and dropped us at the wrong end of the ground 30 minutes after the game started, there was still a welcoming committee outside😟

50 minutes ago, BCFC1512 said:

Why are trains and underground a nightmare, you don’t even need underground for West Ham 

Trains can be the best way to travel , but the current shit show of a train service we have you just never know , me & mrs went into Weston Saturday afternoon for a few 🍺🍺🍷🍷 3 trains home all cancelled , staff shortages they said fxxking shocking service 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, redkev said:

Trains can be the best way to travel , but the current shit show of a train service we have you just never know , me & mrs went into Weston Saturday afternoon for a few 🍺🍺🍷🍷 3 trains home all cancelled , staff shortages they said fxxking shocking service 

Exactly and I'd love to use the train but it's no longer cheap and I can't see getting to London for £22 or less and I'm coming from street so that means either Cary or temple meads. I've even asked a west ham fan at work and he can't even tell me the best option if I use the car which says it all.

A useful way to travel, albeit it varies can be National Express.

Did Millwall away in 2019 with some friends, 1ish in the afternoon. Had hours in London pre game- maybe last coach home..had a lot more freedom than the Official Coaches but was cheaper than the train.

You can't drink alcohol on said transport and we certainly didn't but the checks and balances would have been easy to overcome for those who wished to.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

11 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

I might drive to Westfield Stratford if the rail service is going to be dodgy, I was planning on driving to Reading then getting the Elizabeth line the rest of the way, but the TFL journey planner isn’t offering that as an option.

It appears most of the Lizzy line service serving Stratford start from Paddington that day. Your original plan would still work you’d just need to change at Paddington

If you’d like more train information check out realtime trains 

As for driving, I’ve driven Bristol to that part of east London more times than I care to remember, the quickest route is via the M25, M11 and A13 and can easily take 90 minutes from when you turn onto the M25 and that’s with a clear run 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

It appears most of the Lizzy line service serving Stratford start from Paddington that day. Your original plan would still work you’d just need to change at Paddington

If you’d like more train information check out realtime trains 

As for driving, I’ve driven Bristol to that part of east London more times than I care to remember, the quickest route is via the M25, M11 and A13 and can easily take 90 minutes from when you turn onto the M25 and that’s with a clear run 

Thanks for the heads up, I think I’ll stick to my original plan.

On 25/12/2023 at 18:46, Mr Popodopolous said:

A useful way to travel, albeit it varies can be National Express.

Did Millwall away in 2019 with some friends, 1ish in the afternoon. Had hours in London pre game- maybe last coach home..had a lot more freedom than the Official Coaches but was cheaper than the train.

You can't drink alcohol on said transport and we certainly didn't but the checks and balances would have been easy to overcome for those who wished to.

Did this for Millwall away in August, and it was arguably easier than getting the train and far far cheaper.

• Like 3

On 25/12/2023 at 18:43, Street red said:

Exactly and I'd love to use the train but it's no longer cheap and I can't see getting to London for £22 or less and I'm coming from street so that means either Cary or temple meads. I've even asked a west ham fan at work and he can't even tell me the best option if I use the car which says it all.

An option would have been to drive to Ealing Broadway Station, which is just outside the ULEZ.  There’s an outdoor car park opposite the station and also a multi-story at the nearby shopping centre, though the latter closes in the evening.  Parking is around £12 per day at either I think.  You can then catch the Elizabeth Line from Ealing Broadway straight across to Stratford Station.

I expect the coach fare is cheaper than your combined fuel and parking though and you can have a few 🍺🍺🍺😁

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

An option would have been to drive to Ealing Broadway Station, which is just outside the ULEZ.  There’s an outdoor car park opposite the station and also a multi-story at the nearby shopping centre, though the latter closes in the evening.  Parking is around £12 per day at either I think.  You can then catch the Elizabeth Line from Ealing Broadway straight across to Stratford Station.

I expect the coach fare is cheaper than your combined fuel and parking though and you can have a few 🍺🍺🍺😁

This is what I’m doing - driving to Ealing Broadway and hopping on the Elizabeth Line.

Although I suggest using JustPark to find a space in Ealing, which is generally cheaper than a multi-storey and guarantees your spot. I’ve paid £8.40 to park all day.

• Like 2

On 19/12/2023 at 11:44, Davefevs said:

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Totally get that, it’s their prerogative, but I suspect they are missing out on some sales as a result…and the non-tangible, loss of atmosphere too.

I don't get how people can afford season tickets in the SS, even if U12 price and not use or go other parts of the ground. I can not even afford ST for me and my grandsons in Family section 

54 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This is what I’m doing - driving to Ealing Broadway and hopping on the Elizabeth Line.

Although I suggest using JustPark to find a space in Ealing, which is generally cheaper than a multi-storey and guarantees your spot. I’ve paid £8.40 to park all day.

Good one👍.  I haven’t used JustPark myself, but know others who have and they reckon it’s great.

I just realised though, that tool Sadiq Khan recently extended ULEZ right out to the M25, so Ealing is now well inside the zone.  Obviously no problem if your vehicle is ULEZ compliant.

• Facepalm 1