IGNORED

West 'Am - Sunday 7th Jan. 2pm

cheese

West Ham Scouting Report just in...

1. At some point, O'Leary will kick the ball straight to one of our forwards. If we aren't too surprised, we should be able to capitalise.
  2. For Vyner - see 1 above
  3. Let Tanner pass the ball. We will be 20 yards further up the pitch if he passes.
  4. Matty James has an impressive 96% pass success rate.  Let James pass the ball! In fact, don't even mark him... there's no threat here...
  5. Don't let Williams or Dickie shoot. Someone will have to get the ball back from the Westfield Shopping Centre.
  6. If Sam Bell plays, make sure the medical team have savlon as he will fall over and graze his knees.
  7. Conway recently appeared in a national newspaper article. Turns out it was for players most in need of a hug...
  8. Can we check the guy who does the score board knows how to get the left hand number into double figures?
  9. We can play the U12s against this lot but make sure they have had a good night's sleep as nothing in the game will keep them awake
  10. This lot are ****ing unless

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Everytime I've been on it's been for STH only still unless anyone had anything different?

you have to add friend, register them separately. I tried it the other day when someone else was trying to get a ticket

4 hours ago, Wokingham Red said:

Liverpool Street will be a good option. Not many places around Stratford will allow away fans. The Hamilton Hall Wetherspoons will be extremely popular (i.e. busy). There are loads of other places around Liverpool Street that would be good: Kings Arms, Railway Tavern to name a couple. 

It is inevitable with any away trip, sold out or not, that the majority will take the attitude of you can sit/stand where you like. Birmingham was sold out and we just stood somewhere where there was a space. It largely comes down to how strict the West Ham stewards will be. My personal advice would be to not be too particular about where you're sitting. If someone mentions you're in their seat then politely move and then find somewhere else. Obviously the preferred approach would be that everyone sits in their allocated sit but it's unrealistic to expect that will happen.  

What is it with football fans having an inability to sit in their designated seat? 

I go to lots of sold out concerts, everyone seats in their correct seats and therefore there are no issues. So no I don't think it's unrealistic to expect people to sit in their correct seats. 

I will be very particular about me sitting in my designated seat. 

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Being completely negative and assuming we lose on Sunday, whilst Coventry beat Oxford….would the weekend fixture on 27th Jan be left free, or might another 3rd round loser be rescheduled in its place?

I suppose its entirely possible that if we have a midweek game against another 3rd round loser than that midweek game could be moved to the 27th. I'm sure that's happened before. 

• Thanks 1

• Admin

Being completely negative and assuming we lose on Sunday, whilst Coventry beat Oxford….would the weekend fixture on 27th Jan be left free, or might another 3rd round loser be rescheduled in its place?

Seems to be a thing done by lower lea teams earlier in the competition 

I guess if we have a weekend off then when it'll be argued the rest worked 

Unless it's a midweek game can't really see any benefit in moving another fixture, especially as it would need police approval for the home team 

• Like 1

I don`t think it happens that much nowadays. If there had been a postponed game earlier in the season maybe but all you ever see now are clubs shoehornng in LDV games if both clubs are out of the cup - makes sense I suppose as you`d probably get a bigger crowd on a Saturday.

8 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

some people have specifically paid for upper or lower, seated or standing. I would hope people will stay in their specific section.

Absolutely no chance of getting into the wrong section, totally separate entrances. 

• Like 1

Interesting from Football Ground Guide website: ”Confusingly inside the stadium, there are a number of empty seats on matchday including the away section, even though the game may be ‘sold out.’ This is because the stadium holds 66,000 but West Ham are only allowed to sell 60,000 seats. Rather than having whole sections of seats empty it would appear that the Club have spread them around the stadium.” 

9 hours ago, myol'man said:

Absolutely no chance of getting into the wrong section, totally separate entrances.

On this point, a West Ham mate mentioned to me that once inside the concourse the upper and lower sections can be accessed from the same area. He sent me a picture of the steps from the Brighton match last night. Of course, you’ll have stewards checking for this. Not something I’d advise but it’s not accurate to say there is “no chance” of this happening. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chivs said:

West Ham Scouting Report just in...

1. At some point, O'Leary will kick the ball straight to one of our forwards. If we aren't too surprised, we should be able to capitalise.
  2. For Vyner - see 1 above
  3. Let Tanner pass the ball. We will be 20 yards further up the pitch if he passes.
  4. Matty James has an impressive 96% pass success rate.  Let James pass the ball! In fact, don't even mark him... there's no threat here...
  5. Don't let Williams or Dickie shoot. Someone will have to get the ball back from the Westfield Shopping Centre.
  6. If Sam Bell plays, make sure the medical team have savlon as he will fall over and graze his knees.
  7. Conway recently appeared in a national newspaper article. Turns out it was for players most in need of a hug...
  8. Can we check the guy who does the score board knows how to get the left hand number into double figures?
  9. We can play the U12s against this lot but make sure they have had a good night's sleep as nothing in the game will keep them awake
  10. This lot are ****ing unless

I bet this sounded funny in your head.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Wokingham Red said:

Interesting from Football Ground Guide website: ”Confusingly inside the stadium, there are a number of empty seats on matchday including the away section, even though the game may be ‘sold out.’ This is because the stadium holds 66,000 but West Ham are only allowed to sell 60,000 seats. Rather than having whole sections of seats empty it would appear that the Club have spread them around the stadium.” 

On this point, a West Ham mate mentioned to me that once inside the concourse the upper and lower sections can be accessed from the same area. He sent me a picture of the steps from the Brighton match last night. Of course, you’ll have stewards checking for this. Not something I’d advise but it’s not accurate to say there is “no chance” of this happening. 

Yep, the concourse is exactly as you describe. Not sure what ticket checks are like for football but they've been pretty thorough for the many other events I've attended there. 

• Admin
17 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Yep, the concourse is exactly as you describe. Not sure what ticket checks are like for football but they've been pretty thorough for the many other events I've attended there. 

Not only ticket checks but a higher level of security check

Anyone turning up at the last minute like at AG8 expecting to see kick off will be disappointed

• Like 2

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the previous 27 pages but the referee on Sunday is Graham Scott and we will be treated to VAR !!!!!

Will this be our first experience of VAR, or was it used at the Etihad in 2018 ?

Edited by FForbes

5 minutes ago, FForbes said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the previous 27 pages but the referee on Sunday is Graham Scott and we will be treated to VAR !!!!!

Will this be our first experience of VAR, or was it used at the Etihad in 2018 ?

Our second game with VAR...

First was another FA Cup tie during the covid season vs Premier League Sheff Utd (think purple shirts, Alfie Mawson and Ryley Towler).

Mawson was sent off & Sheff Utd awarded a pen via VAR, which Billy Sharp (of course) duly tucked away.

Man City cup tie was pre VAR - a better time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Northern Red said:

I bet this sounded funny in your head.

I bet this felt astute when you wrote it down?

Unfortunately, you are wrong.  One made me chuckle, and a couple raised a smile, but the rest are sad if true.

Just now, 1960maaan said:

Just been asked a question I didn't think of.
Can you get a beer in the ground ?
Do they have a fan park like us ?

Never thought about it until just now.

When I previously went there were a good number of stalls outside the ground selling beer/cider more than at AG and it was quite a fun vibe, probably helped by there being very little else within walking distance (they have the shopping centre but I mean to drink). Don't remember a fan park. You could also get drinks inside the stadium but that was in the home section, assuming it will be the same though.

Edited by Baba Yaga
  • Thanks 1

Still many home tickets going for 20£ plus admin.

I just don't think I could handle all those bubble blowers. Shame as Im local at mo.

Have a great day out all.

Will this be our biggest away fixture gate since Wembley playoff? ( sorry to bring it up)