IGNORED

What becomes of the broken hearted?

The Constant Rabbit

7 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Whether they are professionals or not, it being part and parcel of football, I can still see it being destabilising for players. Fans might moan about the suits but they are looking in from the outside, while the players are actually contracted to the club, and are possibly wondering about JL & BT’s credibility etc. It’s like any workplace. 

There will be certainly one player, criticised by the football director or whatever he is for being in the side, who has achieved far more in the game than said person ever has and ever will and absolutely must have a credibility issue with his fierce critic. A far superior player over the course of his career and a genuine Bristol City SUPPORTER to boot, not one who made the majority of his living from the club and masquerades as a supporter (one who had a very keen penchant for shitting out of a 50/50 tackle when wearing a red shirt by the way, no exaggeration over time there, that's for sure). I don't believe for a second that type of thing doesn't transfer to conversations, credibility questioning and criticisms amongst the lads, certainly the more experienced ones anyway........like you say EXACTLY THE SAME as any workplace.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

There will be certainly one player, criticised by the football director or whatever he is for being in the side, who has achieved far more in the game than said person ever has and ever will and absolutely must have a credibility issue with his fierce critic. A far superior player over the course of his career and a genuine Bristol City SUPPORTER to boot, not one who made the majority of his living from the club and masquerades as a supporter (one who had a very keen penchant for shitting out of a 50/50 tackle when wearing a red shirt by the way, no exaggeration over time there, that's for sure). I don't believe for a second that type of thing doesn't transfer to conversations, credibility questioning and criticisms amongst the lads, certainly the more experienced ones anyway........like you say EXACTLY THE SAME as any workplace.

I mean could you imagine being dissed by the hierarchy at your favourite football club? I'd be devastated. 

Manning is in and Pearson is gone. There was no reason to do that unless the top brass wanted change. 

We've all been in jobs when the new man comes in and decides that everything needs changing, when in most cases, it doesn't.  The old adage " if it ain't broke then don't fix it" comes to mind. 

Manning has to prove that his changes will improve things. We will have to wait and see. But meanwhile, he has to be seen to be rocking the boat which in turn will cause unrest. That unrest is apparent to me on the pitch. So many players seem unsure of their roll now. The comraderie seems to be ebbing away.

11 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I mean could you imagine being dissed by the hierarchy at your favourite football club? I'd be devastated. 

I would imagine Mr King has done enough in the game to laugh it off and literally think "who actually is this guy questioning my selection in the side?". Remind me which one of us has the most medals that mean something? Remind me who played 25 matches out of 38 in a PREMIER LEAGUE winning team again? Remind me which one of us is the only player to win the Prem, Champ and League 1 with the same club? Which one of us made 50 international appearances?

Let's be fair, if a lower league nobody criticises your ability after that you won't be overly upset about it, more crying with laughter.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 4

I would imagine Mr King has done enough in the game to laugh it off and literally think "who actually is this guy questioning my selection in the side?". Remind me which one of us has the most medals that mean something? Remind me who played 25 matches out of 38 in a PREMIER LEAGUE winning team again? Remind me which one of us is the only player to win the Prem, Champ and League 1 with the same club? Which one of us made 50 international appearances?

Let's be fair, if a lower league nobody criticises your ability after that you won't be overly upset about it, more crying with laughter.

I’ve got to say. That should be how he thinks about it. 

I hope it is. 

• Like 1

Very true. It's not Bristol City dissing him, it's just someone who works there

Edited by exAtyeoMax

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The likes of Matty James, Wells etc are multi millionaires. They've had decorated careers. Whilst I'm not trying to question their integrity. You could maybe understand if they were underwhelmed by Mannings achievements.

They could be underwhelmed, but listening to Wells on RTV last week, he seemed his pretty enthused.

Sometimes you just have good pros in place.