IGNORED

Mowbray leaves Sunderland

Mr Popodopolous

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Same age as Nige so presumably too old…

Got a lot of time for him, football is good, he’s as honest as they come.

Thought he did a good job there after Neil walked out.

I was up in the North East a few weeks ago and the Mackams were getting impatient with him.

The North East is football mad and Sunderland want Premiership football, make no mistake, as passionate a football fan as you will find. Compare it to the south west which is a backwater for football - most are happy in the Championship at City, including the owners.

Lacks passion at AG IMO.If you want it bad enough, success will come. But not with the Lansdowns.

9 hours ago, The Bard said:

At least 35% of our fans are morons.  Do you go to games?

The bloke next to me on Sunday only opened his mouth to shout abuse.  One occasion was when a midfielder gave the ball away.  I made the point that he had zero options.  Bloke sort of grunted at me

Let's be honest, he's hardly a small percentage is he?

@EnclosureSurge? @Huntstile Red?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

Probably considered a 'Dinosaur' to many nowadays just because of his age. His sides have always played good, attacking Football and i'd have had him at City over LM. 

He also seems to have the ability to get the best out of young players. That Sunderland side is the youngest in the Champ, and as you say play very good football. 

28 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I see Will Still is on their shortlist. There again so is Kieran McKenna, hardly a realistic target.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/dec/05/reims-will-still-on-sunderlands-shortlist-to-replace-tony-mowbray-as-manager

McKenna isn’t realistic no, but Sunderland are twice the size of Ipswich as a club.

If the bloke who eventually gets them up then ensures they stay up, their near 49,000 capacity ground will easily sell out every game.

On 04/12/2023 at 22:22, cidercity1987 said:

Yes would have been a better fit for us than Manning, although I think he would prefer a Northern club

He would have fitted the current players and style of player but I can’t imagine him being a fit with Tinnion and JL. 

Beale left QPR in 7th, 31 pts 21 games. Not too bad..they first half were very enterprising at AG vs us.

Screenshot_20231218-174422_Chrome.thumb.jpg.407a1197c69100c02797757aab0fcae1.jpg

Dickie also flourished under him, under Critchley and Ainsworth he did not. Beale style of play was more in keeping wirh QPR style and probably got better out of Chair and Willock than the 2 who followed him. Got a lot more out of those 2 or 3 in fact than Critchley and Ainsworth did.

I don't think he is an especially good appointment on balance though but has some positive traits.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

38 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Heard beale is abit of a fraud ain't he ? Didn't do alot at qpr or rangers 

Did well at QPR. Rangers is a strange job, that microcosm of an eternal 2 way battle between Celtic and Rangers which is amplified 10x by all the context of their rivalry is never an easy situation.

The brains behind any success Gerrard had apparently. This is the acid test of his ability imo.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Did well at QPR. Rangers is a strange job, that microcosm of an eternal 2 way battle between Celtic and Rangers which is amplified 10x by all the context of their rivalry is never an easy situation.

The brains behind any success Gerrard had apparently. This is the acid test of his ability imo.

Ah fair enough then 

From their equivalent of Tinnion:

Michael Beale has an excellent and well-founded reputation for developing young players and is an outstanding progressive coach who is aligned with our playing identity and naturally fits well within our structure.

Can't think why but the language seems familiar. Are any of these people capable of independent thought or will we reach a point where all managers/head coaches have exactly the same description?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/dec/18/sunderland-appoint-michael-beale-as-manager-until-summer-2026

• Like 3