IGNORED

Taxi for Cooper

Malago

23 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They could agreed. Possibly will.

He's actually from Nottingham originally, but didn't play for either side AFAIK.

I suppose Nigel's future depends on his state of health. Can't be much fun trying to coach when you're in chronic pain.

He seems quite happily settled in the West Country and he has probably been around the block enough to see that managing your boyhood club is a shortcut to heartache. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I suppose Nigel's future depends on his state of health. Can't be much fun trying to coach when you're in chronic pain.

He seems quite happily settled in the West Country and he has probably been around the block enough to see that managing your boyhood club is a shortcut to heartache. 

Well exactly.  His health surely his first, second and third priority. 

Could be a County fan ;)

Nothing out there on who NP supports afaik! However yeah he wouldn't manage a Sheffield club for the same reason, given his ties to Sheffield and his playing career there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well exactly.  His health surely his first, second and third priority. 

Could be a County fan ;)

Nothing out there on who NP supports afaik! However yeah he wouldn't manage a Sheffield club for the same reason, given his ties to Sheffield and his playing career there.

Could well be a County fan - especially as his grandfather and great-uncle played for them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percy_Mills_(footballer)

Bigger side until the late 50s and even then, there was less of a 'mind the gap' in Nottingham football, until Clough transformed Forest. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not sure about that but he could walk into the Swansea job tomorrow if he wanted to, so he won't be unemployed for long I'd imagine.  

Crystal Palace and West Ham strongly linked in recent times.

West Ham especially failing upwards.

He could certainly get the Swansea job again if he wanted but far harder now they are cutting their cloth. No Piroe either, if he was the final Cooper signing he made them a good profit there.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

37 minutes ago, Midred said:

Could any of these teams afford another 25 players in January? 

Surely that is more on Marinakis? I stand to be corrected though.

West Ham have a Sporting Director or similar- him and Moyes had different views on transfer activity in summer, dunno what the structure at Crystal Palace is like.

I note that Cooper at Nottingham Forest was listed as Head Coach, not Manager.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Terrible decision especially to bring in Nuno. I’m sure Cooper will find a job very quickly and a Premier League one at that.

Interested as to why Nuno is a terrible decision? Past it or?

He has extensive experience of top levels- Tottenham was underwhelming to poor but he will have different expectations at Nottingham Forest.

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Surely that is more on Marinakis? I stand to be corrected though.

West Ham have a Sporting Director or similar- him and Moyes had different views on transfer activity in summer, dunno what the structure at Crystal Palace is like.

I note that Cooper at Nottingham Forest was listed as Head Coach, not Manager.

Must have been nice for him in the promotion season to at least have the choice of all those players. How he would have coped if they hadn't got promotion is another speculation. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Midred said:

Must have been nice for him in the promotion season to at least have the choice of all those players. How he would have coped if they hadn't got promotion is another speculation. 

Oh yes without doubt.

*£37.645m was their underlying wage bill that season and Idk how much of the transfer and loan fees was him, how much was Hughton before him but they added £11.933m in players.

Actually FFP failed us there, if you look at it we started to cut back from a high point of spend, they increased it further and turned down a bid for Johnson in January 2022, without it they don't go up!

What seemed to fix their FFP/P&S at that point was £12m attributed to Covid in the return of full attendance season. Did we get similar leeway? The suspect argument pertaining to Transfer Profit...

Brennan Johnson would have been sold maybe for £20-25m had they stayed down.

*That is excluding the £20.92m listed in Promotion Bonuses that season.

Just checked but a club actively turning down bids- Brennan Johnson £10m summer 2021, £18m January 2022 yet attributing attributing to Covid-19 is a huge EFL failure.

Hard pressed clubs actually should lodge a complaint about them and Stoke IMO. I still have my doubts as to whether we got equal and equitable treatment in those years.

29 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Terrible decision especially to bring in Nuno. I’m sure Cooper will find a job very quickly and a Premier League one at that.

Totally agree. The bottom 3 at the moment are without some sort of miracle all going down. Not sure what their owners expect. Forest would have got enough points IMO to stay away from the trapdoor, but maybe the owners got a bit twitchy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Totally agree. The bottom 3 at the moment are without some sort of miracle all going down. Not sure what their owners expect. Forest would have got enough points IMO to stay away from the trapdoor, but maybe the owners got a bit twitchy.

Exactly. Plus Nuno was recently sacked for having a “Poor run of form”. Forest would have been absolutely fine this season

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

The usual fawning by Henry Winter, harsh sacking apparently.

John Percy is a Nottingham Forest fan so maybe biased but lauded him a bit.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/12/19/steve-cooper-sacked-nottingham-forest-manager-marinakis

He's overrated but will fail upwards probably.

13 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Think the owner believes they should be top 10ish not 4th from bottom 

• Like 1

What a nauseating fawning take by one of our own fans. 🤮

Albeit yes he would he on the radar of high level financially anyway Championship club a should a vacancy arise (Pozzo says :sub:).

Wonder if he would gamble, sack Ismael and sound out Cooper- still Parachute bolstered.

Sure they got quite a few penalties as well. Mind you as a strongly counter attacking side that can create opportunities for it.

Just checked 7 in his 39 games.

Huddersfield final they got lucky, Ashton Gate they kind of got lucky given the obvious penalty for us denied at 1-0. They lose that, momentum stalls.