IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

6 minutes ago, DCT10 said:

I'm appreciating their honesty after years of RobinsTV guests (mainly Tinnion) toeing the company line and reporting on a different game to the one we're seeing.

Both Naismith and Wells constantly talking about a lack of bravery to make angles and options for a pass, leading to too many long balls.... the two of them know long balls to Conway on his own against two 6'4 defenders isn't going to work, so why don't the eleven on the pitch know this?

Or Manning? 

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Because we've spent three years building an intensive, counter attacking side who are now having to learn something which looks like the complete opposite 

I think that's pretty much it. We look like a side trying to adapt to a style of football that a) we are not used to, and b) that we don't quite have the players for 

Saying that, TGH should be a Manning-style player based on the way he wants to play, but the guy is again not in the starting line-up

Mental 

Edited by Red Ferret
  • Like 2
26 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I think this is just as much about looking at Williams in a match situation.

It's already obvious TGH is good enough teknically (howay, is that the correct spelling, like, bonny lad?) for Manning's keepy ball style - and is also the only bugger who can shoot.

So why anyone would think he isn't a good fit for ManningBall is beyond me. Williams on the other hand...

Good for the dressing room... brings banter and the vibes.... on a cold wet Tuesday (morning at training or evening at Stoke) you need people in the group who keep the mood upbeat and positive.

On this, Williams delivers. He is the new Trevor Morgan, same as the old Trevor Morgan. On signing him for the 2nd time, St Terry of Cooper announced "Trevor is good for the dressing room" - mentioning nothing about his ability out on the pitch! (We'll always have Sealand Rd in 84 though, Trevor. Y'Hammers monkey)

Will we get fooled again? Let's hope not. Taxi for Joe in May methinks.

Certainly not Joe Le Taxi, and certainly not in (Vanessa) Paradis(e) tonight so far! 👀

Manning has been set up to fail, you can clearly see that the squad of players we have aren't comfortable playing the way manning wants them to play. it's painful to watch yet the board seems to think we have a top 6 squad and the players can be coached how to play Manning ball there bonkers! unfortunately I think its going to be extremely painful untill the end of Jan even then manning would have to be seriously backed in the transfer market to recruit into his style of play and I feel we will just look leauge 2 for more george tanners. This is just proving it was absolutely pointless sacking pearson he played to the players strengths which was counter attacking football.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mr Hankey said:

Pearson had these lot playing way above their ability. Unfortunately i think we are in for some tough times ahead.

Absolutely. We had a Premier league manager that was producing silk purses out of sows ears and we replaced him with a manager who was a total rookie in League 1 !!! Wtf were the board thinking ? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
7 minutes ago, DCT10 said:

I'm appreciating their honesty after years of RobinsTV guests (mainly Tinnion) toeing the company line and reporting on a different game to the one we're seeing.

Both Naismith and Wells constantly talking about a lack of bravery to make angles and options for a pass, leading to too many long balls.... the two of them know long balls to Conway on his own against two 6'4 defenders isn't going to work, so why don't the eleven on the pitch know this?

@Sheltons Army along the lines of this. Not holding back for sure. At a loss why we are playing long balls so doesn’t sound they are too much in the loop. 

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

If this score stays the same and QPR beat  Plymouth tomorrow we’ll be right in a relegation battle .  It wasn’t great but a few weeks ago when NP was still here we were all feeling optimistic and looking to the future positively . Hoping that Manning can turn it round but right now this appointment looks like a suicide mission by the board . 

Too true this. Easily the worst we have played in Manning's time, unbelievably poor tactics with far too many hoofs up the centre of the pitch. Williams anonymous, Bell poor again. 

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Crying out for some quality additions.

Some of these ‘boys’ are just not up to it unfortunately. Not for where we want to go anyway…

Think this half has perfectly summed up our situation, a pretty average set of players who were playing in a system that suited them best allowing them to overachieve now having to play one that doesn’t suit them highlighting their weaknesses. 

We certainly weren’t World beaters under nige but it really makes you wonder where in the table we would’ve been without the injury crisis he had at the end. 

But that half really showcased our shortcomings, almost no creativity, poor forward passing/movement and a lack of composure in their half. 

• Like 1
Just now, BCFCGav said:

A bad decision continues to age poorly. I think it’ll come good with LM, but it’s entirely at the cost of this seasons League campaign so there will always be a ‘what if’ about it. 

45 to turn it around. We will have to start shooting though.

Yep, as I said Saturday, we may as well write this season off already in my eyes. So we’re back to wishing time away as City fans, again. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1