IGNORED

Mehmeti and cornick

Gratz260689

Just now, Gratz260689 said:

haha you on a wind up? He offered a lot more than bell and actually gave there full back something to think about!! 

Offering more than Bell does not equal excellent.

He was ok, but Knight-Lebel didn’t do less than Bell & he didn’t get on the pitch.

Just now, archie andrews said:

He done ok but needs to be braver taking men on not cutting back most of the time... 

don’t help having no CF In the box who can actually attack crosses 

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Offering more than Bell does not equal excellent.

He was ok, but Knight-Lebel didn’t do less than Bell & he didn’t get on the pitch.

He offered more attacking threat than any of are other forwards and was only on for 30 minutes!! 

• Confused 1

Just now, CHAZ MICHAELS said:

Mehmeti often looks dangerous but then nothing actually ever happens.

This. He was better today and at least went outside once, but for me, he is the reason Bell is starting. He often doesn't track back properly, when he does (and he was a little better today) rarely puts a foot in for a tackle.

He came on with 30 mins left and seemed to lack energy - two particular moments stood out: 1. when he got the on the left unmarked just inside their half with a tired CB to run at and instead slowly teased his way forward. 2. For Knight's shot (after Syke's brilliant run) he is walking at the edge of the box not giving a proper option for Knight. The worst case if he makes the run is he pulls a def away. 

Having said that he does still have an air of maybe making something happen, but he doesn't offer the defensive part needed and as yet is not making that potential spark count for something. 

• Like 1

We seem to be flogging an out of form Sam Bell at the moment. No lack of effort as always but needs a break IMO. Mehmeti, i'm still not convinced on. A bit more effective tonight but i still wouldn't trust him with a start yet. How many full 90s has he done since he arrived?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gazred said:

We seem to be flogging an out of form Sam Bell at the moment. No lack of effort as always but needs a break IMO. Mehmeti, i'm still not convinced on. A bit more effective tonight but i still wouldn't trust him with a start yet. How many full 90s has he done since he arrived?

I think that's exactly it. Who do you play on the left of a front three? I don't think it's Bell's best position. I don't think Mehmeti is up to it for a start and can be a liability for a defensive structure (signs of improvement though). We don't have a solid genuinely left-footed forward to play there. I think this is probably why NP tried Roberts there at one point.

It would now be a recruitment priority for me. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

This. He was better today and at least went outside once, but for me, he is the reason Bell is starting. He often doesn't track back properly, when he does (and he was a little better today) rarely puts a foot in for a tackle.

He came on with 30 mins left and seemed to lack energy - two particular moments stood out: 1. when he got the on the left unmarked just inside their half with a tired CB to run at and instead slowly teased his way forward. 2. For Knight's shot (after Syke's brilliant run) he is walking at the edge of the box not giving a proper option for Knight. The worst case if he makes the run is he pulls a def away. 

Having said that he does still have an air of maybe making something happen, but he doesn't offer the defensive part needed and as yet is not making that potential spark count for something. 

Every day of the week.

He was average but because that’s better than Bell, who was completely anonymous & it was an improvement on Mehmeti’s woeful other sub appearances, people think he played well, he didn’t, he was 6/10.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Yes agreed.

Mehmeti had his best game tonight.

And tbh Yeboah also adds pace to the team although he is a bit raw.

Think Yeboah needs a loan at L1/2 (when we are in a position to let him go out on loan) - whilst he has a lot of pace, there’s little end product from him…..I’m sure he will be a decent player in years to come but he’s not ready for Championship level football at this stage 

• Like 1

For what ever reason conway and bell really just aren't doing it this season the love in does get abit sickening what happened to it being a squad game and giving other players opportunity as I have mentioned before I think the club ( and tinion )  are just desperate to find another success story from the academy so are playing these players come what may yet this should be down to the manager is manning being told to play them by tinion ? Makes you wonder what the hell is going on down there tbh but they both need pulling from the starting XI there look shot to pieces out there. Also agreed with mehmeti having his best game for us he looked a breath of fresh air when he came on!

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1

Mehmeti played better last night. Bit like he did when he first signed, showing a bit of pace, trickery and running at his man. His crosses weren't bad, but he doesn't really have a shot on him. Reminds me a little of Ivan Sproule.

Cornick huffs and puffs, works hard, but for a big lad, he isn't very strong. I would play Mehmeti ahead of Bell, but I struggle to see the positives of having Cornick starting. 

I would opt for Mehmeti, Conway and Sykes on Saturday. We could really do with Nahki back very soon. 

I would switch formation , I think it's needed not just to get the best out of Mahmeti but Knight as well.
Concentrating on AM , the best I've seen him play was Cardiff when he played behind the striker as a sort of 10.
Being able to run at CB's rather that Fb's would suit him. Failing that why is he not the one to swap for Sykes ? Going outside the FB and getting into the area could suit him, rather than forever trying to cut back onto his favoured right.

Mehmeti actually put some useful crosses in last night( even used his left foot ), which if we were in league 1 with a Chris Martin type centre forward would be great , but we have no strikers who attack the ball. 
     As for Nahki, if he was as critical of the game play on the co commentary as has been mentioned I can’t imagine he’ll be back in the squad any time soon!

2 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Mehmeti actually put some useful crosses in last night( even used his left foot ), which if we were in league 1 with a Chris Martin type centre forward would be great , but we have no strikers who attack the ball. 
     As for Nahki, if he was as critical of the game play on the co commentary as has been mentioned I can’t imagine he’ll be back in the squad any time soon!

Watched the game on Sky, not RobinsTV and have heard that Kal and Nahki were both being critical of what they were watching - what did they actually say?

9 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

This academy is a myth! It really is! Scott and Semenyo were not academy! Same as Bell is not good enough. 

O’Learny, Vyner, Pring, Conway. All players with many many Championship minutes. Thats not a myth.

Good enough for what? We are a mid table Championship team, Bell on his day is that sort of player.