IGNORED

Who’s going to take the hit?

Aipearcey

So if/when it goes badly again on Saturday, where do you think the fans will target their anger? The players? Simply, they’re not good enough to play the style that they’re being asked to. There’s a reason we didn’t play like this with Pearson and it shows! Manning…….. whilst some of his decisions have been questionable and I think he’s tried to change too much too quick, he was given an opportunity to take a job at a higher club doing ok, I don’t blame him for giving it a shot. The Lansdowns, now for me this is where the blame lies but they’ve also done a massive amount for the club and the grass isn’t always greener but does this give them the right to avoid criticism? Tinion…. Also had a big part to play in the switch and as others have mentioned, failed in the job that he now feels qualified to oversee, but has been a massive part of the youth players come through over recent years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The board, 100%.

It’s not the players - they were giving their all for Pearson. I just don’t think some of them are good enough to play this style of football and the the rest just need time to adapt to what’s being asked (as a team I mean - patterns of play and movement etc).

it’s not Manning. He’s been brought in with a particular remit and a lot of pressure due to the idiots above him comments.

its the Board, Jon, Tinnion and Steve ultimately to blame here if it gets worse.

• Like 14
  • Flames 2

28 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

So if/when it goes badly again on Saturday, where do you think the fans will target their anger? The players? Simply, they’re not good enough to play the style that they’re being asked to. There’s a reason we didn’t play like this with Pearson and it shows! Manning…….. whilst some of his decisions have been questionable and I think he’s tried to change too much too quick, he was given an opportunity to take a job at a higher club doing ok, I don’t blame him for giving it a shot. The Lansdowns, now for me this is where the blame lies but they’ve also done a massive amount for the club and the grass isn’t always greener but does this give them the right to avoid criticism? Tinion…. Also had a big part to play in the switch and as others have mentioned, failed in the job that he now feels qualified to oversee, but has been a massive part of the youth players come through over recent years. 

I’ve said a couple of times on here that when it went 2 - 2 against Boro there were chants of “Nigel Pearson’s Cider Army” and “Jon Lansdown, what a manual manipulator”. 

If we play badly and/or lose Saturday I would expect the same. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

There are only 3 people at the club who feel this is a “top end” squad. 

Nige didn’t think it. Liam hasn’t said it. 
Most of us were happy with 9th-13th ish this season.

ALL flak should only be going in the direction of the idiotic ones who came out with such bullshit about the quality of this squad and therefore heaped 100 tonnes of pressure onto the new manager. 

I agree - but - and I feel like a broken record here - Liam would have read the public proclamations from the morons above, he’d have done due diligence on both the squad and the expectations and would have understood the assignment (and if he didn’t he’s negligent or a moron).

He either believed he had the squad or was negligent in taking the job. There’s no way, even though I agree anger is more at those above, that he gets a free pass here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That is simply not going to happen. Bernard's already tinkering with the squad, playing players out of position. He's even reluctant to play our player of the month, TGH. Work that one out! Our form is poor and contrast this with the top six black cats. We are a clueless rudderless ship that was gradually moving forward but now's changed direction and is going nowhere. In fact we are now going backwards at a pace and that momentum is gathering pace.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I fear Saturday could get ugly, Sunderland have oddly picked up 2 impressive wins post Mowbray or is his influence still strongly over them?  Corberan suggested as much Saturday.

Not sure I have much hope all told.

Agree. I don’t have any confidence for either Saturday or the following Friday. We appear to be on a downward trajectory and I have no confidence that Manning knows how to turn it around. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I fear Saturday could get ugly, Sunderland have oddly picked up 2 impressive wins post Mowbray or is his influence still strongly over them?  Corberan suggested as much Saturday.

Not sure I have much hope all told.

All other clubs have a new manager bounce aside from us. We just bounce down the league. 

• Like 1

I suspect a few were watching the match. Naismith was less than pleased with what he saw, neither was Wells. Training tomorrow and Thursday is going to be a bit fiesty. 

Id love to be there!

As for who gets the stick for inevitable defeat on Saturday. Lansdown Manning and Tinnion can all take their fair share. 

I haven’t seen people so fired up since the 70s over this club. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Aipearcey said:

It always has been Lansdown, so many bad decisions time and time again. In terms of Managers not just the selection but backing the wrong ones with money and starving the right ones of it. Allowing Ashton to spend his time planning his move to Ipswich and who he was going to take whilst being our CEO. Just look how well he has done at Ipswich with owners with drive and ambition and  proper oversight of  his performance. All the while Jon his direct line manager was playing with his crayons. The only person our anger should be aimed at is Lansdown. The trouble is he doesn't give a sh1t.

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

I honestly can’t believe the negativity after the first month under with Liam manning. We are kidding ourselves that we played a more positive game under Pearson? Yeh we might have been more drilled defensively than concede that late winner against Norwich, but would we have gone on and got a late winner against boro when throwing away a 2-0 lead? No chance

As much as I loved Nigel Pearson and what he did at the club with absolutely **** all money, he’s gone. Let’s  move on. 
I think we are playing better more attacking football already then we did under nige with the squad we have. Losses away to Blackburn and Southampton are part and parcel of a hard championship season. There would have been no surprise in losing these games under Pearson by a single goal?

Get behind the manager please 

COYR

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Hmmm 3
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 8

56 minutes ago, Harry said:

There are only 3 people at the club who feel this is a “top end” squad. 

Nige didn’t think it. Liam hasn’t said it. 
Most of us were happy with 9th-13th ish this season.

ALL flak should only be going in the direction of the idiotic ones who came out with such bullshit about the quality of this squad and therefore heaped 100 tonnes of pressure onto the new manager. 

Although Nige did have the belief that the group of players could over achieve through hard work, belief, grit and determination. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 2