IGNORED

Seb P-H

GrahamC

Scored tonight, assisted 2 other goals for Newport & got MoM.

I know some are gunning for the academy, but fair play kid.

If he keeps this form up then we will have to consider a recall in January.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Just watched this game back and he was excellent. 
Nearly got his toe on the first goal after pulling the defender everywhere. Had the 2nd goal stolen when Bogle nicked it over the line. 
Put the defence under so much pressure for the 3rd goal. 
Took his goal (the 4th really well). 

But in addition, he ran the channels well, held the ball up, did his fair share of defending too. Didn’t give the defenders an inch. 

Very impressive performance. I’d rather have him in our team and sling Bell or Yeboah to Newport instead. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Nearly got his toe on the first goal after pulling the defender everywhere. Had the 2nd goal stolen when Bogle nicked it over the line. 

But in addition, he ran the channels well, held the ball up, did his fair share of defending too. Didn’t give the defenders an inch. 

Very impressive performance. I’d rather have him in our team and sling Bell or Yeboah to Newport instead. 

I think SPH would also struggle to fit into a team that now plays tippy tappy useless possesion football.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

………then stick hIm on the bench for the rest of the season.

Maybe, plus let’s not pretend the leap from League Two opponents to Championship ones isn’t huge.

It might actually be beneficial for his development to stay there, also if he makes 2 indifferent sub appearances there will be loads on here writing him off straight away.

However he’s a point of difference, tall, someone who presses and is certainly a more physical player than a few around the first team.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Maybe, plus let’s not pretend the leap from League Two opponents to Championship ones isn’t huge.

It might actually be beneficial for his development to stay there, also if he makes 2 indifferent sub appearances there will be loads on here writing him off straight away.

However he’s a point of difference, tall, someone who presses and is certainly a more physical player than a few around the first team.

Which is why I would be tempted to leave him be.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Yes he ran the channels no point coming back to city he will be told to wait in the middle and do nothing 😂

But yes he's got an eye for goal.

Edited by Street red

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think SPH would also struggle to fit into a team that now plays tippy tappy useless possesion football.

Now that’s something we can agree on. 
Newport are one of the best counter attacking teams in their league, so given we’re looking for more possession then yes, it may be he doesn’t suit at the moment. 

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Which is why I would be tempted to leave him be.

Yeah I guess I was being a bit facetious. 
It was more a case of me being so bloody frustrated with Bell that I’d rather have SPH instead. 
But you’re right - leaving him there will be much better for him right now. 

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He would’ve been a better fit for Nige’s set up than Manning’s at this point in time.

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Leaning that way too, leave him, let him develop in a stable environment IMO.

I wasn't a huge fan of the recall of Semenyo for that reason in 2018-19, going from a regular role to a more bit part one 2 levels higher, mid-season too.

16 hours ago, Harry said:

Agree Har. Bell is looking more and more lost with each passing game and Yeboah has bags of energy but is incredibly raw and for me he lacks positional awareness and seems to be very frantic when introduced. He needs a loan in my opinion.