IGNORED

Do we have a top six squad.. (Just to gauge the current fanbases opinion of Tinnions and the board's recent claims...)

Bris Red

Do we have a top six squad (as claimed by Tinnion and jon)  

356 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Same, and we can all see it. As i said, it's scary the blatant lies that were put out by the club. It needs to be called out.

They also said this is the best squad they’ve had in years. 
I’d argue it was better just 10 months ago when it still had Semenyo & Scott. 
The 15/16, 16/17 & 17/18 team beats this one 10 times out of 10. 
I honestly don’t know what planet they’re on. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 2

Just now, GrahamC said:

Rob Dickie probably, that’s all.

Nope. He’s been decent but he wasn’t a top 6 regular for all his career before he arrived here and he’s not now. 

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Under a manager whos able to get the absolute best out of our squad, yes. 

But otherwise No. 

to get the absolute best out of this squad you might eek out 8th or 9th. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

100% agree. This public stating of Top 6 prowess is not only delusional but baffling that when we have been in positions of much better talent and actual clout in regards to a play-off push the Lansdown's have said nothing if note..

Maybe im rambling but i just don't understand the logic man. They have lost the plot IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Absolutely agree. My personal favourites from those squads were Arnold Garita, Adam El-Abd, Gustav Engvall, Jens Hegalar and Liam Walsh. Oh how I miss all of them 😢 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Nope. He’s been decent but he wasn’t a top 6 regular for all his career before he arrived here and he’s not now. 

to get the absolute best out of this squad you might eek out 8th or 9th. 

That's your opinion. 

Mark Robins got the best out of his Coventry squad last season and got them in the top 6. 

That wasn't a top 6 squad. 

I think with Pearson we had a shout of the play offs (with a lot of luck thrown in) 

We all know you're head over heels for Manning and that this post is an attempt to mitigate against his bad results by saying "well you can't really blame him because this squad isn't good enough" 

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That's your opinion. 

Mark Robins got the best out of his Coventry squad last season and got them in the top 6. 

That wasn't a top 6 squad. 

I think with Pearson we had a shout of the play offs (with a lot of luck thrown in) 

We all know you're head over heels for Manning and that this post is an attempt to mitigate against his bad results by saying "well you can't really blame him because this squad isn't good enough" 

Ha ha. I’m absolutely not head over heels for Manning. 
I think if you look back I was actually the first one on this forum to write, detail and analyse how I didn’t think his style would suit our current squad. 
The only defence I’ve given to him is that I actually feel a bit sorry for him because of the drivel the board proclaimed and thus placed unnecessary expectations on him from day 1, and that I feel we need to separate our anger at the board and at least give the bloke a bloody chance (not 5 games!!) 

• Like 2

This squad is so boring. No stars, no flair players, barely watchable. 

It's terrifying that the powers that be genuinely believe this team is capable of promotion. 

The young players are raw, the senior players are washed, and the manager is already losing the battle with his hairline.

Club needs a fresh start and new leadership/ownership, until then I have absolutely no interest in coming back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

It's terrifying that the powers that be genuinely believe this team is capable of promotion. 

The young players are raw, the senior players are washed, and the manager is already losing the battle with his hairline.

Club needs a fresh start and new leadership/ownership, until then I have absolutely no interest in coming back.

Same here after 60+ years of following BCFC. No ST now for 2 years but still passionate about my club which I feel again is failing due to the Emperors New Clothes attitude we seem to have at AG. Wouldnt be bl**dy posting at 1.45 in the morning if I didnt care !! 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I hear you. It's not that i don't like this group of players.. personally it's for me it's the most likeable group we have had in a while, they are battlers grafters and will do anything for the shirt, i can't fault them for that but they just aren't good enough if we want to push on. 

Im ranting on but for me under Pearson i was just starting to enjoy watching BCFC, aslong as we kept our championship status i was happy with seeing a team full of committed players albeit slightly limited in skill.. I have just had a gutsful of yet what is clearly going to have to be another rebuilding job under Manning when there was no need..

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

I hear you. It's not that i don't like this group of players.. personally it's for me it's the most likeable group we have had in a while, they are battlers grafters and will do anything for the shirt, i can't fault them for that but they just aren't good enough if we want to push on. 

Im ranting on but for me under Pearson i was just starting to enjoy watching BCFC, aslong as we kept our championship status i was happy with seeing a team full of committed players albeit slightly limited in skill.. I have just had a gutsful of yet what is clearly going to have to be another rebuilding job under Manning when there was no need..

Personally I felt that having a committed squad was our best chance of getting out of this division.

In fact you can argue everytime we are successful, it's because we've had a committed squad. 

Luton wouldn't have been a top 6 squad without their committed squad Coventry neither. Cardiff under Warnock too. Plenty of examples out there of clubs getting promoted despite having limited skill. 

I thought Sheff Utd were rubbish last season, but they had that commitment. 

I think its an ingredient in squads that get vastly overlooked! People concentrate on stats but that team work ethic, willingness to work hard for each other, that never say die attitude which imo opinion is just as important 

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Personally I felt that having a committed squad was our best chance of getting out of this division.

In fact you can argue everytime we are successful, it's because we've had a committed squad. 

Luton wouldn't have been a top 6 squad without their committed squad Coventry neither. Cardiff under Warnock too. Plenty of examples out there of clubs getting promoted despite having limited skill. 

I thought Sheff Utd were rubbish last season, but they had that commitment. 

I think its an ingredient in squads that get vastly overlooked! People concentrate on stats but that team work ethic, willingness to work hard for each other, that never say die attitude which imo opinion is just as important 

I agree, 100%.

I know the Championship was a different landscape back in 07/08 but the principles remain the same IMO. We punched above our weight that year through grit and determination and players that wanted to give everything for the shirt under GJ. 

For me it just felt like Nige was building that sort of 07/08 siege mentality that we had under GJ and with a bit of financial help i personally feel we were heading for the playoffs at a minimum. Maybe not this season but certainly next. Hugely frustrating isn't it.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 5
  • Flames 2

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. I’m absolutely not head over heels for Manning. 
I think if you look back I was actually the first one on this forum to write, detail and analyse how I didn’t think his style would suit our current squad. 
The only defence I’ve given to him is that I actually feel a bit sorry for him because of the drivel the board proclaimed and thus placed unnecessary expectations on him from day 1, and that I feel we need to separate our anger at the board and at least give the bloke a bloody chance (not 5 games!!) 

Harry, that post is far too rational and sensible for those who have already decided on their narrative. 

6 hours ago, Bris Red said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

5 hours ago, Bris Red said:

I agree, 100%.

I know the Championship was a different landscape back in 07/08 but the principles remain the same IMO. We punched above our weight that year through grit and determination and players that wanted to give everything for the shirt under GJ. 

For me it just felt like Nige was building that sort of 07/08 siege mentality that we had under GJ and with a bit of financial help i personally feel we were heading for the playoffs at a minimum. Maybe not this season but certainly next. Hugely frustrating isn't it.

Yep, the next stage of the plan was to start to inject that bit of quality.

• Like 3

The Easy Answer is NO: The squad is far too small for Championship football and made up of young lads who are not championship standard (Yet) They should be out on loan not sitting on the bench never getting gametime it could be harming their careers They are just being used to make up the numbers I believe we need 3 or 4 Championship quality players brought in in Jan (but thats never going to happen) 1 Big Target Man Striker 1 fox in the box Striker 1 Hard Man Midfielder and 1 Creative goal scoring midfielder