IGNORED

Niges Leaving Card

Silvio Dante

12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

He was the Manager I wanted, the Manager I thought we needed and the Manager I didn't think we would get because of the owner(s) . The fanbase seemed fully behind him ( as fully as it gets ) , even through those fallow times losing loads of players and cutting the wage bill.
I didn't particularly like the pressers early on, but grew to enjoy them as he seemed to mellow or relax.  Gutted he went earlier than I wanted, the summer would have made more sense  , but there you are. 
Cheers Nige :thumbsup:

Anything would have made more sense!

If they were really that bothered about progress or a perceived lack thereof, they could've offered NP another 12 months on top of where his existing contract was due to end. I think that would be June 2025? Then review where we are before either offering a new contract or not.

JL and whoever else could make this clear to NP and the fans that this was the strategy and what the expectation would be at that point i.e. May / June 2025.

At least this strategy would be understandable and more importantly known by all including the fans. If a change was then needed, then everyone would at least have an understanding of why.

Apart from that, top class X / Twitter post NP. Hopefully Tins will get to see if from somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wish NP all the best with his health, hope it is restored in full.

For the great salvage job he did here, he should still be leading the progression tbh.

Seriously missed, big shoes to fill.

Plus his staff too, NP, Fleming, Euell, Rennie- football side was in very safe hands.

I hope his health is restored and he gets a good job somewhere.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

You don’t take such keen an interest in the Women’s Team, if you’re just paying lip-service.  Embodied a “one-club” attitude.

Yes didn’t the Women’s team coach make several comments about his support and help

He was such an unlike , left field , appointment for the Lansdowns

But ..........We finally had a really wise , experienced football man at the Club , a man of absolute integrity , and a true leader for the CLUB , not just the first team on a match day

And then they stabbed him in the back

• Like 7
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes didn’t the Women’s team coach make several comments about his support and help

But ..........We finally had a really wise , experienced football man at the Club , a man of absolute integrity , and a true leader for the CLUB , not just the first team on a match day

Sad Doctor Who GIF

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I may be wrong but I got the impression that he really bought into the Club 

But not to the degree of Lee Johnson who ‘loved the club’ as some repeatedly claimed on here , obviously 

Lee Johnson loved Oldham Barnsley us Sunderland and Hibs but not sure he loves Fleetwood anyone know 😂

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

He played his part in bringing Grace Williams from Watford:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/williams-appointed-city-women-operations-manager/

And as you say helped mentor Lauren, although every time he was asked about it, he played it down, almost dismissing he’d played any part, “Lauren is a very capable manager” type stuff.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Olé said:

Convinced he keeps an eye on OTIB and has picked his moment deliberately.

I came here to say this. 

Nige has always been an absolute expert in delivering indirect messages. 

Whilst I'm sure Nige wishes us all the best there will be part of him that looks at our performances and results and will have a wry smile about his sacking. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Him, Fleming, Euell, Gould are the only leaders this club have had since Cotterill left the club in 2016.

He will be sorely missed. The rest are a total joke and have ruined and are ruining the club.

And Dave Rennie - I got the distinct impression that he was a vital cog in the atmosphere and culture and clearly someone respected and revered by NP

Another massive gap to fill, certainly personality wise

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

They all had a lot of time for him.

A couple of years ago I found myself kayaking in Bristol with Grace Williams who'd just been brought in by Nige to be Women's General Manager. She'd known Nige from their time at Watford together and she told me how he worked, and what a great guy he was. Nige had stayed in touch with her and recommended her to the role at City. 

Grace left City in the summer to become Head of Women's Football at Crystal Palace. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

And Dave Rennie - I got the distinct impression that he was a vital cog in the atmosphere and culture and clearly someone respected and revered by NP

Another massive gap to fill, certainly personality wise

He wasn't just the head of medical or whatever his title was. He was more than that. You could see that from the new signing videos. 

I believe also at times he would also take part in some coaching sessions?