IGNORED

Niges Leaving Card

Silvio Dante

12 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Him, Fleming, Euell, Gould are the only leaders this club have had since Cotterill left the club in 2016.

He will be sorely missed. The rest are a total joke and have ruined and are ruining the club.

Think i'm being disrespectful to a few others here. Dave Rennie as physio, and John Pemberton who was not long dismissed after LJ took over, were good figure heads for the club as well. 

It's Jon's club now alright, pathetic.

• Like 4

It’s refreshing to see such a ‘love-in’ for our former manager. Such accolades are rare indeed. 

I guess we’ll never know the real reason he was sacked. The club announcement wasn’t based on hard Championship evidence. City were handily placed at the time.

The same kind of decision applied to Danny Wilson, sacked during off season whilst on holiday……not even DW himself knew the reason………..:dunno:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

It’s refreshing to see such a ‘love-in’ for our former manager. Such accolades are rare indeed. 

I guess we’ll never know the real reason he was sacked. The club announcement wasn’t based on hard Championship evidence. City were handily placed at the time.

The same kind of decision applied to Danny Wilson, sacked during off season whilst on holiday……not even DW himself knew the reason………..:dunno:

I think he was told the reason but he was too pissed to remember.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They all had a lot of time for him.

A couple of years ago I found myself kayaking in Bristol with Grace Williams who'd just been brought in by Nige to be Women's General Manager. She'd known Nige from their time at Watford together and she told me how he worked, and what a great guy he was. Nige had stayed in touch with her and recommended her to the role at City. 

Grace left City in the summer to become Head of Women's Football at Crystal Palace. 

👍🏻

The nice thing is , with someone like NP , he will appreciate and care far more , about what the fan on the terrace,  or people that have worked with him , think of him,  than clueless suits.

I hope that whilst he tootles around Devon or the Mendips many City fans , on their tootles, will express sincere thanks , and shake him by the hand.

I am absolutely sure they do , and that will mean a lot to him

• Like 6
  • Flames 5
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He wasn't just the head of medical or whatever his title was. He was more than that. You could see that from the new signing videos. 

I believe also at times he would also take part in some coaching sessions? 

Not sure he did any coaching but he was certainly out and about on the grass having a joke with players and fuelling a togetherness 

I always thought he was Nigels extra set of eyes and ears , helping to steer the ship

• Like 5

Just to say this is nice. If Nige does keep an eye on OTIB I’m sure he’d be delighted that the regard he’s held in has only gone up, and this feels like a pre Christmas reminiscing thread out of the immediate heat of the sacking. I hope he reads it, I hope he appreciates it.

”On and on we seem to go

But you don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”…

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not to feed your love of Wilson but it is somewhat ironic that both dismissals involved our erstwhile legend with the same initials as a British based telecommunications company

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just to say this is nice. If Nige does keep an eye on OTIB I’m sure he’d be delighted that the regard he’s held in has only gone up, and this feels like a pre Christmas reminiscing thread out of the immediate heat of the sacking. I hope he reads it, I hope he appreciates it.

”On and on we seem to go

But you don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”…

Yes,

thanks for the OP Silvio 👍🏻

* Though , probably like most , it’s refuelled my level of anger and total disgust at the clowns who made the call !   

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Let's have some songs for Nigel on Saturday.

No yeah buts, let's do it.

Yeah but…

<Pauses to derail thread>

I’d love that, I really would and I hope Nige gets to come back to BCFC and say goodbye properly to the fans. It’s the least he deserves. But songs for Nige on Saturday, even if that’s not the intent, will be seen as slighting Manning and add further pressure to someone who’s having a tough time that we want to succeed.

Lets not, and instead hope we get the chance to see him at the gate soon and show our appreciation.

<Stops derailing thread; as you were>

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah but…

<Pauses to derail thread>

I’d love that, I really would and I hope Nige gets to come back to BCFC and say goodbye properly to the fans. It’s the least he deserves. But songs for Nige on Saturday, even if that’s not the intent, will be seen as slighting Manning and add further pressure to someone who’s having a tough time that we want to succeed.

Lets not, and instead hope we get the chance to see him at the gate soon and show our appreciation.

<Stops derailing thread; as you were>

Yea I think it is a bit disrespectful to Manning. 

Its one thing criticising Manning and his decisions on a forum but at the end of the day Manning is our head coach now. It seems counter productive to be singing songs about our former manager. 

People are free to write on here (Nige reads this place) or comment on his X post. 

However if people do want to sing anti Lansdown songs, then I have no problem with that. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He wasn't just the head of medical or whatever his title was. He was more than that. You could see that from the new signing videos. 

I believe also at times he would also take part in some coaching sessions? 

I always said he was one of the biggest signings Nigel made a true professional and in no way deserved to be kicked out the door. 

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

Looks like woolacombe.... 

Bigbury methinks. 

Has/had connections with nearby Totnes. 

As a sensible chap, he knows South Devon is best - although Totnes is in its own independent galaxy!

He could have called into my wood en route between those two places, to compare experiences of managing ‘work pressure release’ woodlands. Think Nige would have got on well with Keith Floyd who once ran the nearest watering hole to the wood!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

Kinda feels like we need to get a grip and move on however ugly it might get

I said it when Manning joined and I am still strong on this view.

It's not altogether fair on Manning, but how will he quell discontent and wondering and by extension to so for the board?

Win matches.

1 win in 6, 5 pts from 6, some or the selections won't do any of this- quite the reverse if anything.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I said it when Manning joined and I am still strong on this view.

It's not altogether fair on Manning, but how will he quell discontent and wondering and by extension to so for the board?

Win matches.

1 win in 6, 5 pts from 6, some or the selections won't do any of this- quite the reverse if anything.

Agreed, I just see this as a distraction to be honest and surprised at the timing of it.  Just stokes up the pressure even more for Saturday - like many i'm desperate for things to turn around as I feel LM has taken a massive risk taking us on at this time. 

17 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

Agreed, I just see this as a distraction to be honest and surprised at the timing of it.  Just stokes up the pressure even more for Saturday - like many i'm desperate for things to turn around as I feel LM has taken a massive risk taking us on at this time. 

Results and context in which the change was made have largely been responsible for stoking up the pressure, IMO.

We all want it to turn around, a successful Manning means a successful Bristol City.

That said we do need to get behind the team and give Manning a fair chance but the board, the hierarchy?

Let them have it.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Bigbury methinks. 

Has/had connections with nearby Totnes. 

As a sensible chap, he knows South Devon is best - although Totnes is in its own independent galaxy!

He could have called into my wood en route between those two places, to compare experiences of managing ‘work pressure release’ woodlands. Think Nige would have got on well with Keith Floyd who once ran the nearest watering hole to the wood!

My best friend in school's father was Keith's business partner at the Nobody's Inn and I once got a summer job kitchen portering there. Keith was amazing with me and said he would always give me a job in the future at the end of it. His television persona was just his off-screen personality too, and he always had a glass of red in hand. Somewhere there's a photograph of me and him in a very drunken heap on a bouncy castle. Legend. RIP.

• Like 2