IGNORED

Niges Leaving Card

Silvio Dante

27 minutes ago, Dizz said:

I also agree that we should be singing some pro Manning songs to show some support (also won't happen....)

Totally agree.

Like most I’m grateful to Nigel and appreciate the hard work he did here under difficult circumstances but it’s really important to support the team during a game.

NP won’t hear any songs about him but Manning will and I don’t see how that will help us get the results we all want.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Porto Red said:

My best friend in school's father was Keith's business partner at the Nobody's Inn and I once got a summer job kitchen portering there. Keith was amazing with me and said he would always give me a job in the future at the end of it. His television persona was just his off-screen personality too, and he always had a glass of red in hand. Somewhere there's a photograph of me and him in a very drunken heap on a bouncy castle. Legend. RIP.

Ha. Yes, was always in trouble of some description- a lovable rogue. Remember that he was rather uncomplimentary about the fine women of Dartmouth back in the day.

My abiding memory was him at the Watermans Arms - his rival drinking establishment being the next pub up the creek - half perched on a stool affectionately caressing a rather large glass of red on the bar!

As you say, RIP.

ps The Maltsters Arms at Tuckenhay was Floyd’s was it not.

Edited by RedRock
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I wonder if it’s just coincidence that I emailed his agent this morning asking after him, in fact about 2 hours before Nige’s. What a man Nige is. I like to secretly hope that he knows who I am. 

IMG_9090.jpeg

"Steady progress".

It'll get lost in all the noise (much of it understandable) but Nige really isn't very well and I doubt we'll see him back in football for some time. 

His various illnesses have been very unfortunate and I really do hope he has a sustained period of rest & recuperation. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He wasn't just the head of medical or whatever his title was. He was more than that. You could see that from the new signing videos. 

I believe also at times he would also take part in some coaching sessions? 

Yep, he did, he needs to know what the manager needs physically from the players and how they need to undertake it on the training ground through to the game.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I wonder if it’s just coincidence that I emailed his agent this morning asking after him, in fact about 2 hours before Nige’s. What a man Nige is. I like to secretly hope that he knows who I am. 

IMG_9090.jpeg

You are known to Nige as the “LJ lover”!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dizz said:

2 easy ones for anyone to get going Mr P, but it ain't gonna happen is it? Although I also agree that we should be singing some pro Manning songs to show some support (also won't happen....)

PROVE ME WRONG PEOPLE!!!!

COYR 

Manning just doesn’t inspire you to want to listen to conferences or go to games. I really don’t get how Lansdown, Marshall and Tinnion thought this was a progressive appointment at this level. It has to go down as the worst decision since bringing in Benny after that Bolton win! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Manning just doesn’t inspire you to want to listen to conferences or go to games. I really don’t get how Lansdown, Marshall and Tinnion thought this was a progressive appointment at this level. It has to go down as the worst decision since bringing in Benny after that Bolton win! 

Found an article from the Benny appointment.

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/7966903.ward-quits-bristol-city/

Something must have gone wrong here, because he was never hired as anything more than a technical director, or similar.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Found an article from the Benny appointment.

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/7966903.ward-quits-bristol-city/

Something must have gone wrong here, because he was never hired as anything more than a technical director, or similar.

It’s old ground but John Ward admitted he was out of his depth (and he was) and needed help, wanting Ray Harford. Benny was hired because of his expertise in youth development and wide ranging experience as both a wise head for Ward and to bring the club forward. It was a progressive appointment and he certainly brought youth through when he unintentionally became manager after Ward threw a hissy fit.

If anyone’s to blame for that season it’s Ward and not Benny.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

Still ******* gutted he's gone.

No he wasn't perfect, as nobody is, but he was the first gaffer in ages that I actually felt could take us somewhere.

One Nigel Pearson, there's only one Nigel Pearson.

Thanks for all you did manage to get done for BCFC, Nige. And take care.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 10

I think the passing of time will only enhance his achievements and standing. For the vast majority of fans he developed a level of connectivity and trust that ultimately others were jealous of. He is his own man uncompromising in terms of integrity and character and therefore will remain a truly respected individual to those with a love of Bristol City.

33 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Why? He's gone, he ain't coming back, get over it, move on. A lot of the fans on this forum are starting to sound like a 18yo boy whose girlfriend dumped them!

Totally agree it's become embarrassing. 

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That happened to me………

I bet she's regretted it ever since......

• Haha 1

Amazing how in one tweet, Pearson is able to write more eloquently and offer more insight than Manning does in the entirety of these programme notes. These could’ve been written by Chat GPT.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-men-news/liams-notes-sunderland-afc-h/?fbclid=IwAR0cazhCd-vaSwbZWlEjFNndlgNQ6fTVRWna9KoqO8vtn5OAsklBbjN15Zc_aem_AeEzoJ4jlYWGmGG0JAWs2FM9WaCr78n5hus6ZUh2Qe6Mauxpp8LuKA3PH818csJ_Zoo

I asked Chat GPT to write programme notes with the following prompt: “Write me programme notes as if written by Bristol City manager Liam Manning for the upcoming home game on Saturday against Sunderland. The audience is the supporters and it needs to be about a page long. Mention the recent games (draw vs Huddersfield and defeat vs Blackburn) welcome the Sunderland interim coach Mike Dodds” (gave it a couple bits of up to date info as it won’t know it proactively) - it came up with this.. sounds a bit like Manning but is actually more inspiring than the real ones!

---

**Bristol City vs Sunderland - Home Game**
**Programme Notes by Liam Manning**

Dear Robins Faithful,

As we gear up for our home clash against Sunderland this Saturday, I want to extend a warm welcome to each of you at Ashton Gate. Your support is our strength, echoing far beyond the stands and directly onto the pitch where it matters most.

**Reflecting on Recent Outings**
Our recent games have been a mix of emotions and learning. The draw against Huddersfield showcased our resilience and ability to fight back under pressure. Although we didn’t secure the win, the team's spirit and determination were commendable. In contrast, our defeat to Blackburn was a tough pill to swallow. It highlighted areas we need to improve, and rest assured, we have been working tirelessly to address these.

**A Welcome to Mike Dodds**
I'd like to extend a special welcome to Mike Dodds, Sunderland's interim coach. His reputation for insightful football strategies precedes him, and we expect a well-organized and spirited Sunderland side under his guidance. It's always invigorating to match wits with such capable coaching, and I look forward to the tactical battle that awaits.

**The Sunderland Challenge**
Sunderland brings a unique set of challenges. Known for their robust playing style and strategic approach, they will be looking to capitalize on any opportunity. However, we are ready. Our preparation has been focused and intense, aiming to harness our strengths and mitigate our vulnerabilities.

**Our Tactical Approach**
In training, we have emphasized on improving our ball retention and creating more goal-scoring opportunities. We aim to be more dynamic in our attack while maintaining a solid defensive structure. The team is in good spirits, and I have full confidence in their ability to execute our plan effectively.

**The Power of Ashton Gate**
As always, Ashton Gate is our bastion. The atmosphere you create is our advantage, and we need that more than ever. Your support is not just appreciated; it is integral. Let's make our home ground a fortress where opposing teams fear to tread.

**Unity and Support**
This game is about more than just the 11 players on the pitch; it's about all of us – the team and the supporters – united in our passion and commitment to Bristol City. Your cheers, your belief, your energy – they all matter. Let's stand together, cheer relentlessly, and drive the team forward to a victory.

**Conclusion**
We embark on this journey together - players, staff, and supporters. Each game is a step towards our collective goals, and your role in this journey is invaluable. Let's show Sunderland the true spirit of Bristol City and secure a win that echoes our ambition and determination.

Together, we rise. 

**COYR!**

Liam Manning
Head Coach, Bristol City FC

---

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

I honestly believed that given the right sort of backing that NP would have got us out of the Championship and we wouldn’t have choked in the run in due to the spirit and togetherness he was creating at the club. 

During his tenure I felt we were finally beginning to show some real stability for the first time in a long time. 

I remember when he got the job and I couldn’t believe we had got ourselves such a high profile manager at our club at an awful time who was willing to take on such a challenge. Such a strong character and leader and much more mellow than his Ostrich days. A manager who doesn’t suffer fools…..unfortunately because that included JL and BT that was his ultimate undoing.

The more I think about it the more I am beginning to think that his sacking was nothing more than jealousy, and what I mean by that is ‘popularity’ and genuine connection with the players and the fans. Yes, maybe he didn’t spend too much time on the training ground and wouldn’t be told how to do things by certain people, but he delegated that responsibility through ‘trust’ and the ego’s didn’t like it.

Mr Pearson became more popular than the owners and a club legend and they were jealous of the warmth for the man…..so obviously he had to go!!!

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Amazing how in one tweet, Pearson is able to write more eloquently and offer more insight than Manning does in the entirety of these programme notes. These could’ve been written by Chat GPT.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-men-news/liams-notes-sunderland-afc-h/?fbclid=IwAR0cazhCd-vaSwbZWlEjFNndlgNQ6fTVRWna9KoqO8vtn5OAsklBbjN15Zc_aem_AeEzoJ4jlYWGmGG0JAWs2FM9WaCr78n5hus6ZUh2Qe6Mauxpp8LuKA3PH818csJ_Zoo

I asked Chat GPT to write programme notes with the following prompt: “Write me programme notes as if written by Bristol City manager Liam Manning for the upcoming home game on Saturday against Sunderland. The audience is the supporters and it needs to be about a page long. Mention the recent games (draw vs Huddersfield and defeat vs Blackburn) welcome the Sunderland interim coach Mike Dodds” (gave it a couple bits of up to date info as it won’t know it proactively) - it came up with this.. sounds a bit like Manning but is actually more inspiring than the real ones!

---

**Bristol City vs Sunderland - Home Game**
**Programme Notes by Liam Manning**

Dear Robins Faithful,

As we gear up for our home clash against Sunderland this Saturday, I want to extend a warm welcome to each of you at Ashton Gate. Your support is our strength, echoing far beyond the stands and directly onto the pitch where it matters most.

**Reflecting on Recent Outings**
Our recent games have been a mix of emotions and learning. The draw against Huddersfield showcased our resilience and ability to fight back under pressure. Although we didn’t secure the win, the team's spirit and determination were commendable. In contrast, our defeat to Blackburn was a tough pill to swallow. It highlighted areas we need to improve, and rest assured, we have been working tirelessly to address these.

**A Welcome to Mike Dodds**
I'd like to extend a special welcome to Mike Dodds, Sunderland's interim coach. His reputation for insightful football strategies precedes him, and we expect a well-organized and spirited Sunderland side under his guidance. It's always invigorating to match wits with such capable coaching, and I look forward to the tactical battle that awaits.

**The Sunderland Challenge**
Sunderland brings a unique set of challenges. Known for their robust playing style and strategic approach, they will be looking to capitalize on any opportunity. However, we are ready. Our preparation has been focused and intense, aiming to harness our strengths and mitigate our vulnerabilities.

**Our Tactical Approach**
In training, we have emphasized on improving our ball retention and creating more goal-scoring opportunities. We aim to be more dynamic in our attack while maintaining a solid defensive structure. The team is in good spirits, and I have full confidence in their ability to execute our plan effectively.

**The Power of Ashton Gate**
As always, Ashton Gate is our bastion. The atmosphere you create is our advantage, and we need that more than ever. Your support is not just appreciated; it is integral. Let's make our home ground a fortress where opposing teams fear to tread.

**Unity and Support**
This game is about more than just the 11 players on the pitch; it's about all of us – the team and the supporters – united in our passion and commitment to Bristol City. Your cheers, your belief, your energy – they all matter. Let's stand together, cheer relentlessly, and drive the team forward to a victory.

**Conclusion**
We embark on this journey together - players, staff, and supporters. Each game is a step towards our collective goals, and your role in this journey is invaluable. Let's show Sunderland the true spirit of Bristol City and secure a win that echoes our ambition and determination.

Together, we rise. 

**COYR!**

Liam Manning
Head Coach, Bristol City FC

---

Absolute bollocks. Not even one "behaviours" shoehorned in.

• Haha 2

Nigel was an absolute rock of a manager, guided us through a tough time and helped the club in so many ways in quite a short time.

I wish his health had allowed him to see out the rest of the season here, and then beyond.

All the best with your health and your future.  Perhaps if he fully recovers, and it goes tits up with Manning, he might be swept back in next Summer???

• Like 3
  • Haha 1