IGNORED

Sunderland at home match thread

28 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Ironically, I think that was our worse performance under Liam. Delighted with the win, however. Keep within touching distance of the playoff heading into Jan and I’m quietly confident (if we can get the 2/3 players required). 

Yes against the best side we have faced since Leeds 

34 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Ironically, I think that was our worse performance under Liam. Delighted with the win, however. Keep within touching distance of the playoff heading into Jan and I’m quietly confident (if we can get the 2/3 players required). 

Barring a cup reply, there are no midweek games after New Year’s Day for 6 weeks.  Gives the coaches a lot more time to affect the change in playing style we were promised.

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Hocca said:

What I’d do to have Clarke and Roberts on the wings for us! Their technical ability is ridiculous. 

It’s the mainstay of how they play , it’s not just us they cause problems , watch them on tv the regularly tear teams apart , think Clarke is the better player as his tends to have more of an end product ( not today 😂😂) than Roberts

1 minute ago, redkev said:

It’s the mainstay of how they play , it’s not just us they cause problems , watch them on tv the regularly tear teams apart , think Clarke is the better player as his tends to have more of an end product ( not today 😂😂) than Roberts

Also, both Ba and Pritchard drop into midfield so that they almost become 4-6-0, playing passes around…but a consequence is not having anyone in the middle to get on the ends of chances created.  Yin and Yang.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, redkev said:

Clarke will be back in the premier league next season that’s for sure.

Was surprised to see Roberts has 0 goals and 1 assists this season he’s a player I always enjoy watching. Similar to Mehmeti but beats his man more often.

1 hour ago, Galley is our king said:

Depends on your age and how cold weather affects your bladder.

Cold enough for me M....

I'm not a youngster, but yes you have a point😀. I guess I was comparing it against how cold I've felt at other games recently, Southampton was bitter for example. Always feels warmer when we win though👍

• Like 1

Well I’ve got to say I actually quite enjoyed that.

Sunderland were slicker and will feel aggrieved that they haven’t left with at least a point.

But I enjoyed the fact that we stood firm and kept a clean sheet when we’ve all seen us concede under that sort of pressure previously.

We’re a team in transition and I think I can see some change in our style but we have players who aren’t particularly comfortable in possession or in moving the ball quickly, so it’s not as fluid as it could be.

3 points and onto another tough game against Hull.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Three more welcome points.

Don't care how we get them, as long as we get them.

Makes me even happier to hear the opposition's fans say we didn't deserve them.

Chatting to two Makems on way back to car after the game, they said we played well,I said no ,you played well,but we won, and that is the Championship,a truly mental division.

• Like 1

My thoughts from today. 

We should sign TGH now and not wait until the summer.

We are some way off the better sides in this division, though that may be harsh as only Leicester made things as hard as Sun'land dd for us today.

We are some way off of the possession side that Pearson wanted , and Manning wants.

Tommy seems good at Penalties.

Beer in town is getting dearer 

I enjoy drinking in town after games we win.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

My thoughts from today. 

We should sign TGH now and not wait until the summer.

We are some way off the better sides in this division, though that may be harsh as only Leicester made things as hard as Sun'land dd for us today.

We are some way off of the possession side that Pearson wanted , and Manning wants.

Tommy seems good at Penalties.

Beer in town is getting dearer 

I enjoy drinking in town after games we win.

Agree I thought after Leicester Sunderland caused us more problems than either Leeds or Southampton 

Hull next week gonna be a toughie , fair play to Resenoir has them playing some good stuff and getting results 

• Like 2

Three points is three points. That's all that matters. Sunderland are a really good side and play in a style that I think Manning wants us to play. I am really pleased for Liam to get the win as it takes some of the pressure off him, however a couple of things I noticed which was a concern, he took 10 minutes too long in deciding to change the team when they were way out on top and as much as he deserves to fist pump the fans to celebrate the win, he should also be there when we lose.

• Like 4