IGNORED

Sunderland at home match thread

5 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Excellent defensive display. Bit disturbing that we had so little possession in the second half - and what on earth was Cornick thinking?! But if Max has his doubters - and he does on here - that was a top class display from him. Impressed again by TGH.

I understand he's mates with Bas Savage.

Edited by Sniper

For all there possession I honestly don’t think Sunderland created that much ,

I did say before whoever we play and how we play we are usually always in the game , I know we were up against it but Sunderland are a play off side , as we have all said there is a big jump from where we are to match the play off contenders ( not according to Tinnion & the Lansdowns though )

Ground out a much needed win there and Max has to take a lot of the credit, two very good saves to keep us ahead.

Overall though, I'd have to say it was a very mixed bag. There was a 10min spell where we looked good passing through midfield but beyond that we were hanging in there.

Positives: We won. Max's performance. TGH looked very good in patches, Tanner was solid and Mehmeti, although not perfect, was a good outlet and looked a bit more of a threat.

Negatives: Pring got better as the game went on but was all over the place first half. Vyner and Dickie also shaky. Matty James needs to have a bit more influence with the ball, feel like too much is passing him by at the moment.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

January can’t come soon enough though.

We really need strengthening.

Where do you think we need strengthening, by January we should have Atkinson , Wells , Naismith & our mystery signing from Scotland all fit , no doubt we will lose a couple along the way 🙈

my biggest concern is up front and need a creative midfielder 

Sunderland were excellent out wide - A tough night for Tanner and Pring which they handled well in the end. If Sunderland had a Conway they'd be a much more dangerous side - they clearly need a different centre forward. 

Max MOTM although being honest I don't think his distribution has been as good the last couple of games, but no question his saves earned us the points. 

Dickie recovered from a difficult first half to be immense again in the second. 

In the end, it was a really hardworking team performance and just what was needed. COYR

• Like 2