IGNORED

Weimann..anything to keep morale up I suppose

Mr Popodopolous

• The title was changed to Weimann..anything to keep morale up I suppose
39 minutes ago, noize said:

I think City's objective this season is to avoid relegation, they can forget the play-offs 😐 

I think this is true but I also think it's a negative aim. Much like the present set up seems to be more " let's not lose"  rather than "let's try to win".

40 minutes ago, noize said:

I think City's objective this season is to avoid relegation, they can forget the play-offs 😐 

I think this has become the fans objective. As to what the club hierarchy expect, I have given up trying to guess. If they really do think we can get to the play offs without spending, then they are sadly deluded.

13 minutes ago, CityReds said:

I can see him getting a new contract in the summer, on much lower wages and a 1 or 2 year term but I imagine his influence in the dressing room is huge for the team cohesiveness and morale. Much like Henderson is still around for England and Scott Carson at Man City

I’d rather see a competent replacement 

15 minutes ago, marmite said:

I think this is true but I also think it's a negative aim. Much like the present set up seems to be more " let's not lose"  rather than "let's try to win".

Could be a case of aim at the stars, hit the moon.

Theoretically take a mindset of aim at the playoffs to try and get into top half.

I predict it'll be win, some, draw some, lose some- season to all intents and purposes over within a couple of months.

One of those losses will definitely be at West Ham, so yeah no Cup run either.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

36 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Heaven forbid he try and show some positivity and ambition, I know that's frowned upon around here.

You've managed to get positivity and ambition in the same sentence regarding City. 

That's all I want to see, even if we lose. I just want to be entertained at AG. Is that really too much to ask?

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I am now led to believe Andi does hold an option (in his favour, not club’s), he’s just not decided whether to trigger it yet.

Dave, do you know when options have to be triggered by? Maybe 'it depends'? We don't want to be hanging round post season waiting for AW to sign/not sign and delaying a potential replacement signing.

14 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Dave, do you know when options have to be triggered by? Maybe 'it depends'? We don't want to be hanging round post season waiting for AW to sign/not sign and delaying a potential replacement signing.

I know a club option has to be triggered in March, but I don’t know for sure about a player held one…assume the same.

• Thanks 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I am now led to believe Andi does hold an option (in his favour, not club’s), he’s just not decided whether to trigger it yet.

You are correct, it is an option for him to extend after playing more than a set number of games for us 

Conveniently highlighted this week by Weimann sharing he was making his 200th championship appearance for us

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Heaven forbid he try and show some positivity and ambition, I know that's frowned upon around here.

Imagine if a player said "21st is all I care about, as long as I'm still on Championship wages next season what is there to be bothered about? Nothing else matters and if we achieve that then it's been a fantastic season for me personally. Obviously, if we can finish 15th or 16th and I pick up three or four more win bonuses that would be absolute gravy".......then watch the people on here moaning about too much positivity melt down to within an inch of their lives!!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, CityReds said:

I can see him getting a new contract in the summer, on much lower wages and a 1 or 2 year term but I imagine his influence in the dressing room is huge for the team cohesiveness and morale. Much like Henderson is still around for England and Scott Carson at Man City

I don't see him extending his contract. Big factor in this is that he has never moved his family down from the Midlands.

I can see that he is popular in the dressing room and would would seemingly be a natural coach after he finishes playing, but that would be at another team closer to his family home would be my guess.

• Admin
9 hours ago, RedM said:

I don't see him extending his contract. Big factor in this is that he has never moved his family down from the Midlands.

I can see that he is popular in the dressing room and would would seemingly be a natural coach after he finishes playing, but that would be at another team closer to his family home would be my guess.

One thing for certain is that the ball is initially in his court after triggering his extension agreement 

Family location isn't an issue really as he's been commuting down here for so long already