IGNORED

what would you pay for a direct train to west Ham

Never to the dark side

7 hours ago, Ziderarmy said:

Absolutely ridiculous price and hence why public transport in this country is seen as a joke. 

I didn't think that was too bad. 95 notes for me and my son combined. If I drove up, petrol, parking and potentially ulez congestion charge....it wouldn't be far off that?

Edited by Tomo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Tomo said:

I didn't think that was too bad. 95 notes for me and my son combined. If I drove up, petrol, parking and potentially ulez congestion charge....it wouldn't be far off that?

If you look to use the train for away trips regularly with your son, you should look at getting a friends and family railcard. 

I paid around £50 for me and my son’s return for West Ham. The savings made that day cover the price of the railcard. 

6 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

If you look to use the train for away trips regularly with your son, you should look at getting a friends and family railcard. 

I paid around £50 for me and my son’s return for West Ham. The savings made that day cover the price of the railcard. 

Tbf, I don't do a massive amount of away trips nowadays due to my son's morning footy commitments but that's a good idea for others. I think I could have got the trip for £80 but I wanted an open return which bumped up the cost a bit....

24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Tbf, I don't do a massive amount of away trips nowadays due to my son's morning footy commitments but that's a good idea for others. I think I could have got the trip for £80 but I wanted an open return which bumped up the cost a bit....

Honestly they are great, usually use the rail card for 2/3 away games a year and then some summer trips with the rest of the family. 
Open return when there’s 1000’s trying make their way back to Paddington isn’t a bad idea. 

RMT have called  UNDERGROUND strikes starting on Friday 5th January.

This should not effect the main line trains heading into London Paddington

It could/might effect the journey from Paddington to Stratford.

Not sure how easy it is to get across London using the bus or maybe a taxi ride

The london based boys would have a better idea

Its a ten mile, one hour duration if you go across London by taxi not sure of the cost though

As i have stated if your going by train,get them reservations in early

Don't forget there is extended journeys times as the trains are being diverted via Westbury(Wilts) and newbury  

• Admin
3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Its a ten mile, one hour duration if you go across London by taxi not sure of the cost though

Don't forget there is extended journeys times as the trains are being diverted via Westbury(Wilts) and newbury  

Looking ominous

image.png

4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Believe the Elizabeth line is only on strike on the 12 January,

It's different to the rest of the tube network union wise so not always stopped by strikes on the rest of the underground

ATM I’m pretty sure the Elizabethan line will be fine on that Sunday.

I did that journey back in the summer and it’s very quick and very easy.

The E. Line station is on the right hand side of Paddington as you get off the train then it’s just 19 minutes to Stratford.

We’ll know exactly what’s going on in the days leading up to the match, if anything changes and the EL is out of action we’ll put alternative options here then.

• Like 1

On 22/12/2023 at 12:14, Never to the dark side said:

Bus 205 goes from Paddington to Bow Church via most mainline terminus north of the river. From there the DLR is one stop to pudding mill lane which is the closest station to the away end 

REPLY FROM LONDON TRANSPORT

Thank you for your feedback form of 17 December about your enquiry concerning running the Elizabeth Line from Bristol to Stratford in January.

Upon further investigation, regrettably, this is not possible for a number of reasons.

For special services to be run it has to be commissioned by Network Rail and it would need significant funding, it could even require the football club to contribute toward special services.

You could approach both Network Rail and the football club to gather interest and we may be able to take a further look into this in the future.

Apologies for any inconvenience and frustration caused.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

REPLY FROM LONDON TRANSPORT

Thank you for your feedback form of 17 December about your enquiry concerning running the Elizabeth Line from Bristol to Stratford in January.

Upon further investigation, regrettably, this is not possible for a number of reasons.

For special services to be run it has to be commissioned by Network Rail and it would need significant funding, it could even require the football club to contribute toward special services.

You could approach both Network Rail and the football club to gather interest and we may be able to take a further look into this in the future.

Apologies for any inconvenience and frustration caused.

Please tell me that this is a wind up and you did not genuinely email them? 

What did you expect, a reply saying of course we will provide you with as many trains as you want as you randomly contacted us? 

This is another heading for the classics section 

• Haha 1