IGNORED

Tanner

Charlie BCFC

The lad did brilliant today against the best player in the league.

I find it strange that he’s somehow the new scapegoat.

Leicester away Nige was praising the way he defended against players on tens of thousands a week. QPR he didn’t give Bryan a kick, Southampton he was arguably our best player and covered multiple positions, today he hardly gave Clarke anything in good areas.

He is a defensive fullback who gives his all for city and clearly is a good professional.

He is no Kyle Walker so why do people expect that?

Ignore them all. Well done George.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

It's people like you who have some warped loyalty to our average players who will never see us progress.

It's the people RUNNING IT who think our squad is top end AND have the clout in terms of recruitment who will see us fail to progress, you silly sausage, not some supporter with no say in recruitment and an opinion you don't agree with. You've had an absolute mare there.

21 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Eh? I just asked what standard you were comparing him against? Prem ready, top 6, top half etc. “people like you”… blimey.

Quite right,not warped loyalty just telling like we see it. Tanner is a decent Right Back defensively if you open your eyes, he's not great going forward which again most can see and some just spout rubbish on otib having made up their mind on one mistake.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I’m amazed there are fans who follow this club which seems to give them not even an ounce of joy, at any moment.  

Agreed. We could have a top manager in charge, be getting 2.5 points per game and people would be claiming it’s not good enough when we draw that one game in every four!!

The win yesterday was similar to a number delivered by the previous manager, who I fully backed, with the same players.

We know we have a pair of bullshitting turds running it and their time will come but if that is going to affect your enjoyment of everything Bristol City find something else to do.

If Tinnion claims that Cornick is as good as Messi if played correctly is anyone on here stupid enough to believe him?

12 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Who do you want, Trent Alexander-Arnold?

You seem more upset that we won yesterday than you were when we lost the other night.

Trent can’t defend mind!!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

It's the people RUNNING IT who think our squad is top end AND have the clout in terms of recruitment who will see us fail to progress, you silly sausage, not some supporter with no say in recruitment and an opinion you don't agree with. You've had an absolute mare there.

There are plenty on here who thing our bad player are fine...you silly sausage.

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Who do you want, Trent Alexander-Arnold?

You seem more upset that we won yesterday than you were when we lost the other night.

I just pointed out a couple of weak links in our team and you lot fly off on one.

And yes, I was more upset about the performance yesterday because although we won, it was worse than the last game.

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

No they didn’t 

Watch the game again 

4 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I just pointed out a couple of weak links in our team and you lot fly off on one.

And yes, I was more upset about the performance yesterday because although we won, it was worse than the last game.

Watch the game again 

I don’t need to you’re chatting shite as usual 

Just now, Top Robin said:

In denial alert

Behave you silly sausage.

To improve the squad you need to spend money.

Such money was denied the previous manager to a great extent.

The new man will possibly be allocated funds but I suspect may have other positions targetted as priorities.

We are Bristol City not Manchester City or even Coventry City.

The best man available and a 100% trier. 

3 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Behave you silly sausage.

To improve the squad you need to spend money.

Such money was denied the previous manager to a great extent.

The new man will possibly be allocated funds but I suspect may have other positions targetted as priorities.

We are Bristol City not Manchester City or even Coventry City.

The best man available and a 100% trier. 

I do understand that and yes, Tanner is a trier but I do think he is very average and we do need to upgrade.

Tbh, more of a concern is Prings form as he is nothing like the player of a year or so ago. 

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

I do understand that and yes, Tanner is a trier but I do think he is very average and we do need to upgrade.

Tbh, more of a concern is Prings form as he is nothing like the player of a year or so ago. 

We need to upgrade all over the pitch but it is what it is.

We have  had players who would go through the motions. Tanner isnt one of them and to be fair I dont see anyone like that around the first team now (thanks Nige)

I think hes at our level right now. Not a top champ side but has been invaluable for quite a while.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

How do you upgrade?  Are you playing to different rules to the manager / head-coach?

The most money we’ve spent on a player is £1.75m on Knight…who quite frankly is a top player - he improves our mid-table / bang average team. As does Rob Dickie who we stole for £700k from QPR due to their financial circumstances and his contract situation.  With McCrorie that was the budget done. On this basis it will take us 3-4 seasons to get the whole squad up to scratch.

There’s your reality check when you find it all too easy to criticise an honest bunch of mainly average players. Some aren’t at that level, but that’s what squad building entails on a budget. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

How do you upgrade?  Are you playing to different rules to the manager / head-coach?

The most money we’ve spent on a player is £1.75m on Knight…who quite frankly is a top player - he improves our mid-table / bang average team. As does Rob Dickie who we stole for £700k from QPR due to their financial circumstances and his contract situation.  With McCrorie that was the budget done. On this basis it will take us 3-4 seasons to get the whole squad up to scratch.

There’s your reality check when you find it all too easy to criticise an honest bunch of mainly average players. Some aren’t at that level, but that’s what squad building entails on a budget. 

Ass me smoke your up blowing.

Rearrange for the answer as I ran out of likes 😁

• Haha 1

He's got the basics of  a decent solid full back imo ,puts in a good block and Has got a decent stong tackle on him ,yes there are bits missing but with decent coaching you could see a player there who could end up banging in a lot of appearances . I sit in the south and tbh there are some people pretty negative about him most weeks so you can't please everyone I suppose .

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What a great post

Value for money , probably the best squad we’ve had since promotion

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Much more eloquent & patient  way of explaining  it than I could . Throw away comments he makes just rile me. Shows a complete lack of understanding 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lennieb said:

He's got the basics of  a decent solid full back imo ,puts in a good block and Has got a decent stong tackle on him ,yes there are bits missing but with decent coaching you could see a player there who could end up banging in a lot of appearances . I sit in the south and tbh there are some people pretty negative about him most weeks so you can't please everyone I suppose .

Wikipedia says he’s already made 56 championship appearances for us, not bad for a £300,000 signing from Carlisle 

As for coaching you’re right he has the basics and it’s probably easier to coach him to do the extra than it would be to coach a wide player to be a solid defender 

Longer term i could see him being a right centre back probably as part of a 3 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Wikipedia says he’s already made 56 championship appearances for us, not bad for a £300,000 signing from Carlisle 

As for coaching you’re right he has the basics and it’s probably easier to coach him to do the extra than it would be to coach a wide player to be a solid defender 

Longer term i could see him being a right centre back probably as part of a 3 

He’s played there a few times now. If manning wants to go 3 at the back , he’s definitely a option there when mcrorie’s fit