IGNORED

The seven stages to Brentford's recruitment...

spudski

as opposed to the Mark Ashton approach of pinning players on a dart board, putting on a bilndfold, and then signing all the players you manage to hit in the temple.

In all seriousness, the approach is not rocket science is it? I'd love to know what "our approach is". I bet we have 35 positions based on an ancient Sanskrit text book. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wonder if it is the case at Ipswich too?

Seems not to have done them any harm so far.. good very much outweighs the bad. Their side, squad as a whole still isn't sitting remarkable IMO.

Certainly was that first window with Paul Cook.  He even said it himself in an interview “I had to use my network of agents”.  I bet he did!!!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

Certainly was that first window with Paul Cook.  He even said it himself in an interview “I had to use my network of agents”.  I bet he did!!!

I did read Ipswich fans say they had pretty well no structure at all when they were taken over, Ipswich fan I know who I haven't seen much lately when I warned him about Ashton basically said it was a blank canvas as it was all so threadbare in 2021.

31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I did read Ipswich fans say they had pretty well no structure at all when they were taken over, Ipswich fan I know who I haven't seen much lately when I warned him about Ashton basically said it was a blank canvas as it was all so threadbare in 2021.

I was told the same by colleagues at work who support Ipswich. Lets be honest the best signing he has made was McKenna who has basically took this squad from mid table league 1 to the top of the Championship.

Interestingly listening to the Sky commentary for the Ipswich vs Norwich game they mentioned on commentary that Ashton had been tracking McKenna for 18 months prior to appointing him at Ipswich, this would have been around about the Holden appointment!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I can't even begin to tell you how majorly underinvested in the entire club was towards the end under Evans - everything cut back to the absolute bare bones. For a couple of years, the bar at Portman Road was the only place I frequented where you couldn't pay by card 🤣

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He does seem to have had his wings clipped . Shame our illustrious leader didn’t have the football knowledge to do that here. 

• Like 1