IGNORED

Safe standing/singing

Topper 123

Does anyone agree that  s21/22/23 should be changed to safe standing/ singing section, I know there has been many threads but to help improve atmosphere at the gate it surely has to be considered.I also understand it involves people moving slightly although still having first pick of seats as season ticket holders can retain their original seat or just move slightly left or right outside of singing section,who knows you might even enjoy yourselves cheering your club on - thoughts about this , I know Most clubs in england have an END and 99% of them are behind the goal 👍

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

I would say a bigger or second Safe Standing area would be desirable, marginal gains better atmosphere etc.

The bigger questions are where, how and have we a Cost-benefit analysis or similar?

Plus Safe Standing areas need sign-off by relevant Regulatory authorities.

Probably nothing changes any time soon!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

26 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Does anyone agree that  s21/22/23 should be changed to safe standing/ singing section, I know there has been many threads but to help improve atmosphere at the gate it surely has to be considered.I also understand it involves people moving slightly although still having first pick of seats as season ticket holders can retain their original seat or just move slightly left or right outside of singing section,who knows you might even enjoy yourselves cheering your club on - thoughts about this , I know Most clubs in england have an END and 99% of them are behind the goal 👍

Whats an END?

An END like a traditional END?

Or the new ends?  

That aint ENDS. 

South Stand doesnt get called the East End or Eastend.

Cos it aint.

21 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

There has been countless discussions re extending the standing section across the South Stand. There was a graphic produced years ago showing safe standing right across the back of the south stand, with the front still seated.

I’ve said before, I don’t want to sit on the side or move from my seat behind the goal, or stand (as I’m too short). The only way I’d consider moving is if I was able to have my old seat back in the Atyeo and the away fans were moved up to the gods in the Lansdown. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

Absolutely NOT. I have a rather good seat in S21 and can sing from it as loudly as I desire, which I do at most home games.

• Like 3
  • Robin 3

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

There has been countless discussions re extending the standing section across the South Stand. There was a graphic produced years ago showing safe standing right across the back of the south stand, with the front still seated.

I’ve said before, I don’t want to sit on the side or move from my seat behind the goal, or stand (as I’m too short). The only way I’d consider moving is if I was able to have my old seat back in the Atyeo and the away fans were moved up to the gods in the Lansdown. 

It's so bloody the best idea. Away fans in the gods in Lansdown. We have both ends. Fed up with saying it

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

23 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Whats an END?

An END like a traditional END?

Or the new ends?  

That aint ENDS. 

South Stand doesnt get called the East End or Eastend.

Cos it aint.

This reminds me.

Although we went along with the bulk of the country all-seater in the mid 1990s, it would be interesting to know how many clubs aside from us gave the traditional End to away fans.

Like we did with the East End..Not the old old East End but we gave at least some of it to away fans. Had the best acoustics for atmosphere in the stadium still!

I stand right next to the "non safe standing" part of the South Stand, and it feels like the stewards have given up enforcing things like the section having to stay in their seats, or even making their way into non existent seats in the Safe Standing section. 

In other words I think it's logical to extend it at least one more section.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Stick away fans in the Dolman corner blocks, allow existing season ticket holders equivalent pricing in the Lansdown for 5 years and make the Atyeo safe standing filled with home fans. 

When you say the corner blocks do you mean wings on both sides or?

E33, E34? E28, E29?

There needs to be an element of future proofing too.

1) For the here and now in the League, yes we can restrict to 2k.

2) If we ever go up, that becomes 3k or 10% If capacity, whichever is lower.

3) FA Cup seems to have some kinda 15% of capacity thing. As such, that is pushing towards 4k or the current max seems to be 3.4-3.5k as we saw v Man City last season.

11 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

The KOP that’s a end buddy 

ONE club.

You said most. 

And thats not the same thing.

And the Kop is now pee wee Morris versus what it once was.

Kloppy lad is on one about that right now.

If your not in the right shape give away your ticket.

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This reminds me.

Although we went along with the bulk of the country all-seater in the mid 1990s, it would be interesting to know how many clubs aside from us gave the traditional End to away fans.

Like we did with the East End..Not the old old East End but we gave at least some of it to away fans. Had the best acoustics for atmosphere in the stadium still!

Evil roundabouts did. 

Fans now and new ends is like Greeks boulders and hills.

Acoustics priority is behind herding to the high fat burgers .. 

3 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Yes it does. 

It doesn't.

Really.

It hasn't got that it.

Lewisdabaron ... Not doing a his Majesties now? 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Stick away fans in the Dolman corner blocks, allow existing season ticket holders equivalent pricing in the Lansdown for 5 years and make the Atyeo safe standing filled with home fans. 

Don’t know why people keep going over this. The club doesn’t care about atmosphere . The Atyeo is a separate stand . No need for segregation & much easier& cheaper to police. It’s never going to change 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Don’t know why people keep going over this. The club doesn’t care about atmosphere . The Atyeo is a separate stand . No need for segregation & much easier& cheaper to police. It’s never going to change 

Sadly you are probably correct..but something better would be nice.

All about the money of course which I get..cutting away allocation to the minimum allowable at least maybe a bit workable? Albeit it would require a compromise on the cash to an extent.

On 20/12/2023 at 11:46, Topper 123 said:

If we’re gonna give away fans the whole atyeo then we should have the south stand for safe standing . Until we have an end behind the goal where fans can make noise ( like 90% of other clubs ) nothing will change . 

People can keep moaning about people making new threads for this topic but it needs addressing . If we just accept things how they are then nothing will change , almost like other things at this club ( club shop , Bristol sport , boardroom decisions) . 

19 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m sorry but how do other clubs manage then ?.  The amount of stewards in E34 and section 82 when there’s nothing to segregate could be much better put to use in a different ground lay out . There must be about 20 stewards stood on the steps in E34 just in our fans faces all game even though their just stood trying to create an atmosphere.

3 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

I’m sorry but how do other clubs manage then ?.  The amount of stewards in E34 and section 82 when there’s nothing to segregate could be much better put to use in a different ground lay out . There must be about 20 stewards stood on the steps in E34 just in our fans faces all game even though their just stood trying to create an atmosphere.

We’ve got a unique ground with the horseshoe concourse for home fans . I don’t know if any other grounds are set up like that. It’s easier to police like I said. Away fans enter from one entrance & are contained. 
perhaps if little coked up ***** thinking their some sort of ultras firm  didn’t gather in E34 acting like bellends then they wouldn’t need to be policed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sadly you are probably correct..but something better would be nice.

All about the money of course which I get..cutting away allocation to the minimum allowable at least maybe a bit workable? Albeit it would require a compromise on the cash to an extent.

The only place you could put away fans so they couldn’t create much of an atmosphere would be upper Lansdown , atyeo end. It’s too difficult & expensive to police , when we’ve got a self contained end we can put them in. Fans can moan all they want but it’s not going to happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

The only place you could put away fans so they couldn’t create much of an atmosphere would be upper Lansdown , atyeo end. It’s too difficult & expensive to police , when we’ve got a self contained end we can put them in. Fans can moan all they want but it’s not going to happen. 

And when home fans were in the Atyeo, they moaned that the acoustics were crap.

• Like 2