IGNORED

Hull City at home match thread

Great Win and 3 Points...

So, Liam and Nige collectively both average around 1.4 ppg this season....why? Because its the same players.

Let's hope the board back Liam in January and bring in 3 players to strengthen... We are so mid table ...so if we can add 3 players in January, a top 10 place 'could' be achievable but I still think 11th to 14th is where we will end up with the current squad. I hope I'm wrong...

COYR

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Rosenior's POV.

Wasn't he a bit 🧂 after the loss here laat season too.

Hull manager Liam Rosenior told BBC Radio Humberside:

"I'm not being disrespectful to Bristol City but at the moment they scored the second goal we shouldn't concede, we were in complete control of the game.

"I thought we showed again a really good resilience and character to come back. They get a penalty, we respond really well and get two goals and in that moment, and in the second half especially, we felt we controlled the game in our shape and with the ball.

"But for two really really poor moments we end up losing the game.

"It's really frustrating. If we'd had come here tonight and were beaten by far the better team and they were better than us in every department I'd tell you the truth, but it's not the case.

"That's almost even more frustrating from my point of view as from a coaching perspective - I'm sat up in the stand today - we look a good team home and away but if we want to achieve what I think is possible for this group we have to learn on the job really quickly and not throw points away."

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Rosenior's POV.

"I'm not being disrespectful to Bristol City but at the moment they scored the second goal we shouldn't concede, we were in complete control of the game.

"I thought we showed again a really good resilience and character to come back. They get a penalty, we respond really well and get two goals and in that moment, and in the second half especially, we felt we controlled the game in our shape and with the ball.

"It's really frustrating. If we'd had come here tonight and were beaten by far the better team and they were better than us in every department I'd tell you the truth, but it's not the case.

"That's almost even more frustrating from my point of view as from a coaching perspective - I'm sat up in the stand today - we look a good team home and away but if we want to achieve what I think is possible for this group we have to learn on the job really quickly and not throw points away."

Sour grapes with his Christmas lunch this year 🖕🏻

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Really pleased to get that win.

Don't mind how we get the points as long as we keep bagging them.

Especially pleased to see Mehmeti and Knight on the scoresheet.

Nice to have a stress-free weekend.

Have a good Christmas and drink up thy zyder, for tonight we'll merry be !

Already into the Christmas red...she's asleep so **** it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, that was a game.

Thought we started well, but stepped off it after our goal.

Hull were good, picked up a lot of the loose ball and moved it well. Deserved the equaliser but that Pen !!!
The Ref did well to get 3 bad decisions in a row for them to score. Wasn't a free kick, the lad looked offside from the FK and it was never a Pen.

I thought we started to get back some control nearer half time.

2nd half , apart from a few breaks *** I thought we dominated largely . They did create some chances, but I put some of that down to us chasing the game. 

Knight is a hell of a player.
FFS sign TGH.
Dickie veers from World beater to panel beater with some of his clumsy touches, mainly quality though :thumbsup:
Sykes is quality.
Mehmeti needs show even more, tonight was a start , but needs more assists & end product. Hopefully it will be soon.

*** how many times did we get caught on the break, and not just tonight. 
It really concerns me that one ball onto our back line leads us to being 1v1 with a striker. There were probably 3/4 occasions where a long ball left one defender Vs one striker, it is worrying.

Question for the class. Am I right in thinking we have had as many Pens under Manning, as we had over Pearsons entire time here ?

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Read the Hull forums they at least gave us some credit for second half performance...but you a City fan? cant get a lazy one on for a fantastic 3 points, your poor wife.

Don't get me wrong,  It was a fantastic result against a good team and I've really got no idea why you think any fan wouldn't appreciate the win.  

Seems it's impossible in your little world to be a 'proper fan' if you are extremely happy with 3 points whilst also accepting that we were pretty poor until the subs changed the game. 

Were you even at the game?

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Well, that was a game.

Thought we started well, but stepped off it after our goal.

Hull were good, picked up a lot of the loose ball and moved it well. Deserved the equaliser but that Pen !!!
The Ref did well to get 3 bad decisions in a row for them to score. Wasn't a free kick, the lad looked offside from the FK and it was never a Pen.

I thought we started to get back some control nearer half time.

2nd half , apart from a few breaks *** I thought we dominated largely . They did create some chances, but I put some of that down to us chasing the game. 

Knight is a hell of a player.
FFS sign TGH.
Dickie veers from World beater to panel beater with some of his clumsy touches, mainly quality though :thumbsup:
Sykes is quality.
Mehmeti needs show even more, tonight was a start , but needs more assists & end product. Hopefully it will be soon.

*** how many times did we get caught on the break, and not just tonight. 
It really concerns me that one ball onto our back line leads us to being 1v1 with a striker. There were probably 3/4 occasions where a long ball left one defender Vs one striker, it is worrying.

Question for the class. Am I right in thinking we have had as many Pens under Manning, as we had over Pearsons entire time here ?

Good post. You could be right about the pens . Perhaps we’re getting in the box more . 

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Only on OTIB can we beat two play-off contenders and some people seem angrier then before the two games 😂

I suspect for some success under our new manager doesn't really fit the narrative they were hoping for as they would have to admit maybe a change was for the better, how things would have turned out under NP we will never know, let's just enjoy the last two results we are not as far off being a good team as some would have you believe.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

2 assists for Pring as well, will we see his attacking output step up again.

Pleased for him, I rate him. I think he's been decent while not quite finding his top gear yet this year.
Maybe still getting used to playing behind Mehmeti.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Burt_ said:

Don't get me wrong,  It was a fantastic result against a good team and I've really got no idea why you think any fan wouldn't appreciate the win.  

Seems it's impossible in your little world to be a 'proper fan' if you are extremely happy with 3 points whilst also accepting that we were pretty poor until the subs changed the game. 

Were you even at the game?

Here we go super fan alert...I cant attend due to medical grounds I am older than God's dog and live 45 miles from AG ...up until fairly recently I was home and away, but still the red fire burns greater than ever. Of course I am a realist that we cannot line up a so called better squad against the likes of Hull...which makes these results so much sweeter, I have seem a lot in my time at the club, but one thing above all other prevails , and that is team spirit, we had it in the old Div 1 and yes I am seeing it again, early day's, sure but I see in Manning a good coach, and the constant berating on here of him grinds my gears, the lad is 100% there will be bad days but if you can 't enjoy nights like this then I feel sorry for you. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1
40 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Rosenior's POV.

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Can’t see him mentioning that his team were given the softest of penalties yet still lost.

Plum.

I was just about to make the same point Graham! 

Both teams had a spell of dominance where the shape and possession looked good. Unlucky for him, we scored more goals.

• Like 4