IGNORED

Give the man some credit

Bs4Red

Had a fair bit of luck in these last 3 home wins but it's really good to get the results so he can get to work with the pressure on him at reasonable levels. I moaned about the subs in Blackburn game but tonight his subs changed the game. Good interview with Mehmeti on radio Bristol too he is one doing better with the new boss.

Edited by Baba Yaga

36 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

To be be fair, I think he’s tied to reinvent the wheel early doors and it hasn’t worked or he’s realised thats Going to take time or different personnel. Back to basics we go. Ground out 3 points (Pearson style - whey!). Get to 50 points we go again with Manningball. 

I too think they've dialed it back a bit. But this may be due to the players understanding what he wants them doing a bit better, and him understanding what they can do.It's a good sign.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

5 points from the next 3 going in to the West Ham game will be an excellent return of 11 points from 5 games

Two away match at Vicarage Rd and St Andrews, both below us in the table both winnable. 4 back to back wins would be fantastic 

I vaguely remember City winning 9 or 10 consecutive wins some years ago in L1. A club record iirc.

Anyone else remember it?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Previous regime deserve credit, absolutely. But there’s a fresh feeling about the place, I like Manning’s positivity.

Agreed, and I also love all the fist pumping celebrations after FT, I think it breeds positivity.

I thought tonight was excellent, especially 2nd half.

Take the plaudits, Liam  they are well deserved.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Ridiculous how quickly some are writing him off. It’s not his fault that Pearson was sacked. It’s a solid start for him now. Give the guy a fair chance.

That’s it in a nutshell! The issue is JL and if some are to be believed BT. 

I don’t know anyone who wants the guy to fail, but plenty who are still annoyed about Mr Pearson’s departure and probably rightly so!

COYRs. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Two away match at Vicarage Rd and St Andrews, both below us in the table both winnable. 4 back to back wins would be fantastic 

I vaguely remember City winning 9 or 10 consecutive wins some years ago in L1. A club record iirc.

Anyone else remember it?

11 wins in a row under your dearly beloved. Still didn't win promotion

We won 9 in a row under LJ in 2018/19 also

• Thanks 1

Worth remembering most had no issue with Manning and are just pissed with the board. There are a few who turned on LM fast but that was the minority. Excellent pair of results, rare back to back wins and he’s doing well. I’m happy we went for him.

Still want them to sell, still think Nige was sacked wrongly. But very happy tonight 🔴⚪❤️

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Had a fair bit of luck in these last 3 home wins but it's really good to get the results so he can get to work with the pressure on him at reasonable levels. I moaned about the subs in Blackburn game but tonight his subs changed the game. Good interview with Mehmeti on radio Bristol too he is one doing better with the new boss.

Not sure we were overly lucky tonight when you see that pen given against us

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Anyone else remember it?

Our recent record at Birmingham is truly abysmal (back to back 3-0 defeats) & Watford are in excellent form.

Be amazed if we won either, let alone both.

Snap your hand off for a couple of draws.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Our recent record at Birmingham is truly abysmal (back to back 3-0 defeats) & Watford are in excellent form.

Be amazed if we won either, let alone both.

Snap your hand off for a couple of draws.

People were saying that before the Sunderland game too…

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I thought he was late with his substitutions but all three made quite an impact. Their fresh energy certainly helped.

The guys who came on had been told to warm up a little before their sub, I think he just waited 5 minutes to see how their sub changed them with Delap moving up top. 

5 minutes ago, Simple Red said:

I was and remain a huge fan of NP, but I haven’t heard the Gate like that in Years, admittedly only the second half. He is doing something right.

I too remain a big NP fan, but there is a but… NP created the foundation, putting into place multiple foundations BUT, was he the right person to take us forward? Possibly.

However, the person I most respect in business told me he had a maximum 2 year shelf life. By that time he’d ruffled so many feathers, it’s time to move on. Time for a fresh face.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Had a fair bit of luck in these last 3 home wins but it's really good to get the results so he can get to work with the pressure on him at reasonable levels. 

Luck?…..or a combination of extremely well organised and tough defending and taking chances when they come along?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scrumpty said:

I too remain a big NP fan, but there is a but… NP created the foundation, putting into place multiple foundations BUT, was he the right person to take us forward? Possibly.

However, the person I most respect in business told me he had a maximum 2 year shelf life. By that time he’d ruffled so many feathers, it’s time to move on. Time for a fresh face.

Business and football are 2 different things