IGNORED

Vyner

BCFC Rich

I know Annis will probably get a lot of people's MOTM with the goal etc. But for me, it was Zak - he was awesome today. Some great blocks(particularly the one on Connolly 1st half) read the game well, brought it out when needed, and made some great forward balls to. When they put us under pressure he was covering. Becoming a bit of a rock and stepping up.

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Every time we lose someone posts on here that he’s back to his old form but he’s essential to us, his pace bails out his colleagues time after time.

Good player.

I’ve been one of his critics over the years, but he’s another late developer and the fact is we’re stronger at the back and a better side when he’s in it. Fair play to him.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, tin said:

I’ve been one of his critics over the years, but he’s another late developer and the fact is we’re stronger at the back and a better side when he’s in it. Fair play to him.

I rate Dickie (though not at his best tonight) but him & Naismith lack pace & can’t be a pair.

Remember the goal at Swansea when the guy got the wrong side of Kal, he was never catching him, in the same position Zak would have.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

God, I’ll get my tin hat ready. I thought he was a bit loose defensively. He did some great stuff, but he got caught by quite a few long balls tonight. He’s generally the “cover” do Dickie can go tight. I thought that part of his game was a bit off tonight.

So a good performance for me, not brilliant and not a MOTM contender imho. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

God, I’ll get my tin hat ready. I thought he was a bit loose defensively. He did some great stuff, but he got caught by quite a few long balls tonight. He’s generally the “cover” do Dickie can go tight. I thought that part of his game was a bit off tonight.

I thought Vyner was alright but Dickie poor.

Dickie didn't get tight enough for the Connelly goal, just looked a bit lazy at the wrong moment. He also played a few poor passes that kept the pressure on us. 

I do like them as a pairing though.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Prove it!

:laugh:!

Thanks Dave for all your excellent, insightful postings in 2023.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not just the Hull 'keepers who have been at the sherry then 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MelksRed said:

For me it's between Vyner and Sykes for player of the season. 

Dickie was way ahead imho a couple of weeks back, but there are a couple coming up on the rails.  You all know I love Jason Knight and he appears to be vital to how Manning is trying to play.  His couple of goals of late have been coming.

Sykes is a next level up Scott Wagstaff.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Dickie was way ahead imho a couple of weeks back, but there are a couple coming up on the rails.  You all know I love Jason Knight and he appears to be vital to how Manning is trying to play.  His couple of goals of late have been coming.

Christ Dave that is harsh on Sykes,he’s a lot better than that 

4 hours ago, BCFC Rich said:

I know Annis will probably get a lot of people's MOTM with the goal etc. But for me, it was Zak - he was awesome today. Some great blocks(particularly the one on Connolly 1st half) read the game well, brought it out when needed, and made some great forward balls to. When they put us under pressure he was covering. Becoming a bit of a rock and stepping up.

Totally agree. He was pretty damn flawless and made some really critical tackles. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BCFC Rich said:

His passing really stood out today, particularly his forward passes which were inch perfect at times - not safe passes by any means

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You were spot on about Knight, he's am absolutely essential player. That bursting run he did from defence before getting tripped just past the half way line was a great moment.

I'd say POTS currently looks like it'll be in Irish hands. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought that Knight was excellent too, he has ability to create angles for the passer and be an outlet, but also Manning seems to have got him to receive the ball with his body positioned better, so he can turn away from his marker. 

We needed him to be on his game because it seemed that Hull's main game plan was to stop TGH getting on the ball effectively.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I agree Dave, I think that tackle he did in the first half stopping a 1v1 was exceptional but I go back to a time in the second half where Hull had a player attacking down the right and Zak came over but let the player get past him, he needs to improve on that type of thing because he got caught out against Norwich. But what I will say is I think Zak has really turned a corner now in his City career and it's nice to see and long may it continue.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Get yourself a metal garden bucket and it could also protect your shoulders !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

I was starting to worry that Nige got the best out of Vyner that we were going to see and that he was starting to let that standard slide again but last night he was back to that top quality seen under Nige.

I keep repeating on here that one of our best homegrown centre backs in my long lifetime made his debut and then waited nearly six years until he played his next match. He became a solid rock for the next six or seven years and is still alive as far as I know.

Gordon Parr!

• Like 1