IGNORED

Vyner

BCFC Rich

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

God, I’ll get my tin hat ready. I thought he was a bit loose defensively. He did some great stuff, but he got caught by quite a few long balls tonight. He’s generally the “cover” do Dickie can go tight. I thought that part of his game was a bit off tonight.

So a good performance for me, not brilliant and not a MOTM contender imho. 

Similar to that Norwich goal. I think his biggest issue remains concentration (just occasionally) which used to be his big issue (regularly). That said most of the time now he looks like a Rolls Royce.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I keep repeating on here that one of our best homegrown centre backs in my long lifetime made his debut and then waited nearly six years until he played his next match. He became a solid rock for the next six or seven years and is still alive as far as I know.

Gordon Parr!

Always classed Gordon as a "wing half" in the infamous Parr, Connor Lowe set up but agree with your point on sticking with players who the manager/coaches see in training daily and form judgements on this.

5 hours ago, mozo said:

You were spot on about Knight, he's am absolutely essential player. That bursting run he did from defence before getting tripped just past the half way line was a great moment.

I'd say POTS currently looks like it'll be in Irish hands. 

Rob O’Dickie 🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I thought that Knight was excellent too, he has ability to create angles for the passer and be an outlet, but also Manning seems to have got him to receive the ball with his body positioned better, so he can turn away from his marker. 

We needed him to be on his game because it seemed that Hull's main game plan was to stop TGH getting on the ball effectively.

What I like about Knight, ok, there’s lots of things, but…is that he pops up on both sides.  He basically plays 5 yards from one touchline, 5 yards from the other, and everywhere in between.

Pre-season I wrote a bit about how him and Scott were looking to play on the half turn, with King or James sitting.  It looked impressive at times, albeit lower class opponents.

Unfortunately with Alex gone, it’s much easier for an opponent to stop one player than two, especially a pair like those two.

Definitely some tweaks made by Manning, credit due, but that was what we were attempting pre-season in terms of receiving positions.  But definitely playing much higher under LM, a secondary striker, a roving partner for Conway.

5 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Zak did okay. Dickie wasn’t so good.

Their #4 was decent at the back. 

I thought Greaves was error-prone last night.  Nice, easy on the eye with the ball, but defensively poor.  I was quite into him a season or so back (was on “my list”), but every time I’ve seen him since I’ve really doubted his defensive ability.  He got lucky against Wells two or three times,

2 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Similar to that Norwich goal. I think his biggest issue remains concentration (just occasionally) which used to be his big issue (regularly). That said most of the time now he looks like a Rolls Royce.

Yep, needs to be alert when we have the ball.

16 hours ago, LondonRobin said:

Got to be knight for me, guys everywhere so positive and got the winner …

I've said it before but I was very surprised we got him. I felt sure that bigger Championship clubs would be after him and we would lose out.

A top signing at what will prove to be a bargain price imo.

4 hours ago, chinapig said:

I've said it before but I was very surprised we got him. I felt sure that bigger Championship clubs would be after him and we would lose out.

A top signing at what will prove to be a bargain price imo.

Careful, that almost sounds like praise for the recruitment process...... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, steveybadger said:

If every defender was perfect there would be alot more nil/nil draws?