IGNORED

AM

AppyDAZE

1 minute ago, Johnr1986 said:

Hopefully he gets some confidence from tonight he was really poor for the first 70mins

Credit for leaving him on tbf, was starting to come into the game and looked like he could make things happen. Thought he was positive in the first 25 to but lost it for the next 50 mins like the rest of the team I guess!

• Like 1

So pleased for him. Obviously a confidence player and can be a liability at times defensively, but ultimately that's not his game.

He's now starting to do the things well that we bought him to the club for in the first instance.

So unlucky last weekend against Sunderland to hit the inside of the post and deserved his goal tonight for his perseverance.

Mehmeti is a confidence player and needs a manager to believe in him. It seems like the pair of them have a good relationship building.

• Like 6

It’s been so frustrating, the left wing this season. Because we’ve seen Belly and Anis are very good footballers. Over the moon Anis has locked down that side through a couple really good games - and Bell will be pushing him for the shirt I’m sure. Thought Belly did well off the right for the final 15. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

So pleased for him. Obviously a confidence player and can be a liability at times defensively, but ultimately that's not his game.

He's now starting to do the things well that we bought him to the club for in the first instance.

So unlucky last weekend against Sunderland to hit the inside of the post and deserved his goal tonight for his perseverance.

Mehmeti is a confidence player and needs a manager to believe in him. It seems like the pair of them have a good relationship building.

Which is exactly what LM said after the game.

Mehmeti needs to follow that up with a bit of consistency now.

• Like 4

I thought he had a good game but long-term he needs to add a bit of variety to his game. When he gets the ball near the penalty area he usually cuts inside onto his right foot to shoot or cross. It worked tonight and he hit the post against Sunderland but soon teams in the  will get wise to his style of play. He just needs to go outside the defender occasionally. He can do it 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I thought he had a good game but long-term he needs to add a bit of variety to his game. When he gets the ball near the penalty area he usually cuts inside onto his right foot to shoot or cross. It worked tonight and he hit the post against Sunderland but soon teams in the  will get wise to his style of play. He just needs to go outside the defender occasionally. He can do it 

Not sure if you were at the game but he actually did both tonight anyway.

Always on the front foot, exciting,

A big fan of Nigel, but I think Manning is more likely to get the best from him.

People always start writing these types off far too quickly .

I'd be amazed if this young man doesn't go on to have a great career.

He believes in himself and that is half the battle,

Best player on the pitch tonight  no question.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

Big fan of Mehmeti.

When he first joined I wondered if he could be our answer to Mahrez- clearly a huge gap in levels..but as a principle.

The speed, the cutting inside- today and nearly v Sunderland. There is a player in there, just a question of finding a way to accuenate the positives and improve if we can, the weaker points.

Age and time are also on his side.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I shouted “go on your left Anis” as he went back on his right…and scored! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I shouted “go on your left Anis” as he went back on his right…and scored! 🤣🤣🤣

He was doing my head in Dave.  Always in front of his man. Seldom dribbles beyond, always turns back and brings the defenders back into play.  Then boom goes past his man then scores a great goal.  He needs to build on that.  Someone give him the Scott Murray VHS.  

• Like 2

The most pleasing thing for me, other than the goal was late in the game he ran the ball into the box and had a go on his left!

It went well over, but definitely had power behind it! I get so frustrated watching talented players like AM and Jack Grealish getting into a 1v1 down the wing and always cutting back to their right foot. If AM could mix it up with a shot or cross on his left, even if it is to keep the defender guessing it could make him an absolute handful for us.

I also forgot that he is only 22! Plenty of time to drill that left foot! I would also love to see what he could do down the right and crossing from the byline. A switch mid game would be interesting to see.

• Like 1

His crosses are perfect for Wells and Conway too, the sort of clipped curlers - not sure how to describe them!

But the ones where all it needs is the striker to get the run in front of the defender and flick the ball.

They are hitting the first man at the moment, but once he gets them right I can see us profiting from them.