IGNORED

AM

AppyDAZE

13 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

He played really well, putting in some good crosses and a good goal. But, did he actually go past his man at all? Seemed he’d always run at them, then pass back, or cut inside to shoot round them. Would love to see him really take people on.

His men, there were more often than not two of them on him.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I shouted “go on your left Anis” as he went back on his right…and scored! 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

Me as well😀

What do we know 😟

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Exactly the same with me 

Personally, I shouted ‘go back on your right and have a shot Anis’

(In my dream!)

As has been said before, he’s being given more licence now to move inside and not be tied to the touchline. And I also think he’s benefitting from us starting to get players forward in numbers which is ( @ExiledAjaxs point)  giving him more options, which in turn helps him make better decisions. 

• Like 2

So happy for the lad really nice to see him get a goal. I was hoping he would score soon because recently he has really earnt a goal and it was great for him to get his first Ashton Gate goal. Without doubt my MOTM, right now he is looking a completely different player to the Mehmeti we saw at QPR a month and a half ago. Bell was given game after game and I wanted Mehmeti to be given the same because I think when you give a player like Mehmeti a run in the team he will take his chances. He will still have his ups and downs like every player but I really hope tonight has helped him turn a corner and show the fans what he is capable of. Well done Anis!

3 hours ago, grifty said:

His crosses are perfect for Wells and Conway too, the sort of clipped curlers - not sure how to describe them!

But the ones where all it needs is the striker to get the run in front of the defender and flick the ball.

They are hitting the first man at the moment, but once he gets them right I can see us profiting from them.

That’s a good description imho - and when he signed he did them quite a bit, Big Rob scored from one, another couple hit the woodwork.  At the time I thought they were a striker’s dream, because you can make an early run, and Mehmeti delivers with very little backlist.  More to come???

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Personally, I shouted ‘go back on your right and have a shot Anis’

(In my dream!)

As has been said before, he’s being given more licence now to move inside and not be tied to the touchline. And I also think he’s benefitting from us starting to get players forward in numbers which is ( @ExiledAjaxs point)  giving him more options, which in turn helps him make better decisions. 

Opens up the pitch for Pring too.  No coincidence imho that last night Cam got forward more than most games this season.

IMG_9332.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s a good description imho - and when he signed he did them quite a bit, Big Rob scored from one, another couple hit the woodwork.  At the time I thought they were a striker’s dream, because you can make an early run, and Mehmeti delivers with very little backlist.  More to come???

Opens up the pitch for Pring too.  No coincidence imho that last night Cam got forward more than most games this season.

IMG_9332.jpeg

Missed last night due to a works night out. This is good to hear. I think while Cam has been fine defensively, going forward he’s been quiet. He is a big threat going forward when he overlaps.