IGNORED

Bitter Liam

AppyDAZE

32 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Agreed 100%.

Rosenior has always been a moaner and had a chip on his shoulder re City.

It seemed he felt he was better than us when he was here.

He was though, to be fair. And to be fair at the time you’re looking at a club who’s admin was so shit that he was even able to walk away on a free  

Seems a strange game where some call us winners and some agree with Liam. Personally I had it as a score draw. 

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Super said:

Which bit of what he said do you disagree with?

If there in total control like he’s saying surely they should be out of sight , no such thing as being in total control , goals win games not possession of the football , not being in total control , goals and we scored 3 they scored 2 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Hull manager Liam Rosenior told BBC Radio Humberside:

"I'm not being disrespectful to Bristol City but at the moment they scored the second goal we shouldn't concede, we were in complete control of the game.

"I thought we showed again a really good resilience and character to come back. They get a penalty, we respond really well and get two goals and in that moment, and in the second half especially, we felt we controlled the game in our shape and with the ball.

"But for two really really poor moments we end up losing the game.

No mention of a penalty for his side tthat was a complete joke.

Awwww Liam , Bristol born and bred,  but he always manages to have a little dig doesn't he?

3 points mate, we'll take the 3 points.

Yes Hull fans singing we saw you crying on wembley way well tonight they were crying at Ashton Gate .😄

• Like 2

Roseniors comments after their recent loss to WBA 3-1 (Hull, like last night also had less shots than their opponents).. He’s a tosser..

Hull manager Liam Rosenior told BBC Radio Humberside:

"It's always horrible, especially when you lose a game in the manner that we did. We gift-wrapped the game to them.

"For 90% of the game we were the better team but in the 10% where we switch off and make errors and don't do professional things, that's what won them the game.

"We've gone toe to toe with a very good team, dominated certain areas but gifted goals at crucial times.

"(Seri) has made a mistake and will hold his hands up and I will hold my hands up because I'm asking the players to play that way - I believe in it.

"In fact, playing that way gets us back in the game and we took complete control, Lewie scored a fantastic goal and for a 15-minute spell in the second half we were completely on top."

• Like 2

7 hours ago, redkev said:

If there in total control like he’s saying surely they should be out of sight , no such thing as being in total control , goals win games not possession of the football , not being in total control , goals and we scored 3 they scored 2 

The only stat that matters

7 hours ago, redkev said:

Agree BUT wouldn't it be nice, just now and again, if we could go down the Gate and watch us control a game, no drama's and win it comfortably 2 or 3-0. Where you get to 80 minutes and KNOW the game is done and dusted. Whenever we win (has been for three years now) it is edge of the seat stuff, either a comeback like last night, an absolute robbery or holding onto a one goal lead by the seat of our pants...........Liam, your next task is to deliver us a win where we are genuinely in control of the game!! Do that and the AG crowd will really get behind him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Every manager of a team beaten by us says exactly the same thing, it’s as if they shouldn’t be losing to little old Bristol City 

We have to be the single most annoying team to play against in that league for many managers. Player for player nobody looks at us and thinks "wow" and many managers are probably confident their lads can turn ours over going into any individual game yet we are that annoying wasp like team that you rarely go two ahead against..........so we are always competing in pretty much every game. We do pick up plenty of results where the stats (I get it, game not decided by stats before anyone gets upset) indicate we were weren't the better side on the day.

I would have thought we are seen by our competitors as "decent players throughout with a couple of good players, never an easy game, committed opposition, lot of resilience, stay in games they have no right to, average championship quality side overall". No manager likes losing to "that" side. We wouldn't if the boot was on the other foot and it was us with the extra quality and "that" side turned us over. I would suggest there isn't a Championship manager who sees us as "little old Bristol City" though, not one.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Agree BUT wouldn't it be nice, just now and again, if we could go down the Gate and watch us control a game, no drama's and win it comfortably 2 or 3-0. Where you get to 80 minutes and KNOW the game is done and dusted. Whenever we win (has been for three years now) it is edge of the seat stuff, either a comeback like last night, an absolute robbery or holding onto a one goal lead by the seat of our pants...........Liam, your next task is to deliver us a win where we are genuinely in control of the game!! Do that and the AG crowd will really get behind him.

Totally agree , but uno this is Bristol city 🙈,

I have been watching city from about the age of 10 just before we got to the old first division even then we seem to be on a rollercoaster in games , the only period I can remember being very comfortable at the gate knowing we would score 234 and breeze through the game or go behind and come back to win easily was the double winning season under cotterill, even under Johnson senior we always seemed to be chasing the game and scored a fair few late winners ,  a nice 3 or 4 nil would be nice though I agree but I also think unless you are a top two side the nature of the championship just doesn’t allow for teams to totally dominate games ,

Just now, redkev said:

Totally agree , but uno this is Bristol city 🙈,

I have been watching city from about the age of 10 just before we got to the old first division even then we seem to be on a rollercoaster in games , the only period I can remember being very comfortable at the gate knowing we would score 234 and breeze through the game or go behind and come back to win easily was the double winning season under cotterill, even under Johnson senior we always seemed to be chasing the game and scored a fair few late winners ,  a nice 3 or 4 nil would be nice though I agree but I also think unless you are a top two side the nature of the championship just doesn’t allow for teams to totally dominate games ,

I agree with that but it would be nice if we could have have ONE game that we control and win comfortably before the end of the season!! These single goal seat of the pants victories are not good for you..............

If they were in total control 

why was the possession equal 

we had more shots than them

more shots on target than them 

more corners than them

oh and more goals than them if that’s total control he’s lost me  2 very evenly matched sides and by the way I think Hull are a very decent side 

Edited by redkev
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

The fact that they were in total control.

Total bollocks.

They were given a penalty for NOTHING.

Can't remember Max having much to do.

He was making it sound like a robbery, it wasn't at all.

Hey, if you think we were lucky,  how can i argue.

Agree to disagree mate

They were in total control at the point they scored 2 goals. Yes the pen shouldn’t have been given but no manager has ever come out and said “we shouldn’t have been given the penalty”. Regardless of that, they were in control of the game at that point.

It was a funny game in that both teams had periods of dominance. It wasn’t an end to end game. They took chances when in top, as did we.

Not really sure what you’d expect Rosenior to say?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Funny how people see it differently.

For periods of that first half Delap gave Pring a horrible time. Skinned him time and time again. At 2-1 I couldn’t see us getting back into it.

Yes but I never felt they had control of the game, you could see there tidy on the ball and are a good side but for example we were winning the ball back and breaking quickly on hull in transition. I felt they played quickly and looked to go from back to front quick. They didn't have a great deal of shots on target either and when you look at possession stats its 51 to them and 49 to us.  The sunderland game I'd say they controlled the game especially when we went a goal up.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 1

Hull fans are blaming their goalies, but I'd say the difference was that we - as the managerial cliche always puts it - dug deep and just outfought them.

They were a skillful side and well-drilled.  Most of their players had very good touch on the ball and combined for some slick interplay, but collectively Hull sat back for far too long after their (ludicrous) penalty and paid the price for lack of desire.  We simply wanted the win more. 

• Like 1