IGNORED

Bitter Liam

AppyDAZE

Hull manager Liam Rosenior told BBC Radio Humberside:

"I'm not being disrespectful to Bristol City but at the moment they scored the second goal we shouldn't concede, we were in complete control of the game.

"I thought we showed again a really good resilience and character to come back. They get a penalty, we respond really well and get two goals and in that moment, and in the second half especially, we felt we controlled the game in our shape and with the ball.

"But for two really really poor moments we end up losing the game.

No mention of a penalty for his side tthat was a complete joke.

Awwww Liam , Bristol born and bred,  but he always manages to have a little dig doesn't he?

3 points mate, we'll take the 3 points.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Which bit of what he said do you disagree with?

The fact that they were in total control.

Total bollocks.

They were given a penalty for NOTHING.

Can't remember Max having much to do.

He was making it sound like a robbery, it wasn't at all.

Hey, if you think we were lucky,  how can i argue.

Agree to disagree mate

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 11

Was how I saw it tbh. They were really impressive, moved the ball really well, only needed one or two passes to get really high up the pitch. Had some near misses at 2-1 up, and then they’ve conceded whilst their keeper is injured, then again from a big deflection. We’d probably be saying the same on here if the shoe was on the other foot tbh. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

You don't think we deserved to win then  

You're entitled to your opinion, i think we were well worthy of it.

That's fine mate, that's what a forum is for I think everyone sees a different game, sometimes depending on where you sit! I thought we got away with that one tonight

Just now, frenchred said:

That's fine mate, that's what a forum is for I think everyone sees a different game, sometimes depending on where you sit! I thought we got away with that one tonight

Agreed, everyone sees it differently.

Enjoy the 3pts,   merry Xmas to you and your family , frenchred

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

You don't think we deserved to win then  

You're entitled to your opinion, i think we were well worthy of it.

Agreed 100%.

Rosenior has always been a moaner and had a chip on his shoulder re City.

It seemed he felt he was better than us when he was here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In short, turned up, disrespected us, conceded and early pen....we go one up...Great goal from thier No.44....we equalise through congestion / keeper error.....we score again...cos thier replacement keeper was dross.....

They were better on the ball (in part as they moved when off the ball) but we weren't exactly out of it....

We may have nicked it....don't turn up here expecting us to roll over and have our belly tickled.....pr1ck.

Rant over. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Was how I saw it tbh. They were really impressive, moved the ball really well, only needed one or two passes to get really high up the pitch. Had some near misses at 2-1 up, and then they’ve conceded whilst their keeper is injured, then scored from a big deflection. We’d probably be saying the same on here if the shoe was on the other foot tbh. 

Interesting to see from the stats that we had more shots than them (21 v 16), plus more on target (5 v 4) and more corners (7 v 6). I agree they liked better in possession and going forward, and they could have been 3-1 or 4-1 up at half time, even without the softest penalty award ever, but they weren’t, thanks to some last ditch defending. As for our second and third goals, I thought they were richly deserved. On another night, we might have lost but we didn’t. And after last minute mugging against both Stoke and Norwich this season we are due a bit of luck.

• Like 6

Worth saying that a journalist has basically just transcribed his answer to the first question of, I suspect, a five-minute post-match interview so there's at least a couple of lines of quotes on the website. He may well have said plenty about other stuff.

Funny how people get their knickers in a twist about this stuff, though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Worth saying that a journalist has basically just transcribed his answer to the first question of, I suspect, a five-minute post-match interview so there's at least a couple of lines of quotes on the website. He may well have said plenty about other stuff.

Funny how people get their knickers in a twist about this stuff, though.

Not got mine mate, I've got the 3pts,   it's Liam whose knickers are twisted tonight.

And if you know him, he has always had a dig at us ever since leaving.

Strange as at BCFC it is where it all started for the bloke.

His choice.

An intelligent guy and well presented, but often has to have his snidey comment, particularly regarding BCFC.

Other than that, a top bloke   :laugh:

Edited by AppyDAZE

16 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

The fact that they were in total control.

They were for large parts of the game.

Total bollocks.

Not really

They were given a penalty for NOTHING.

They were indeed - one of the worst refereeing decisions that I’ve seen in quite sometime.

Can't remember Max having much to do.

He made two very decent saves in the first half when Hull were bossing the game.

He was making it sound like a robbery, it wasn't at all.

What would expect from a disgruntled manager?

• Like 2

Blokes a ***** and his dads an oddball.

After our goal they had a spell where they were well on top, but once Connolly went off I thought they looked 2nd best, following the logical route of trying to sew the win up through a counter. 

So all in all, and being generous, they probably looked the most likely for 30 mins of a 90min match. 

I genuinely hope he steps on some Lego over the Christmas period. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Hull manager Liam Rosenior told BBC Radio Humberside:

"I'm not being disrespectful to Bristol City but at the moment they scored the second goal we shouldn't concede, we were in complete control of the game.

"I thought we showed again a really good resilience and character to come back. They get a penalty, we respond really well and get two goals and in that moment, and in the second half especially, we felt we controlled the game in our shape and with the ball.

"But for two really really poor moments we end up losing the game.

No mention of a penalty for his side tthat was a complete joke.

Awwww Liam , Bristol born and bred,  but he always manages to have a little dig doesn't he?

3 points mate, we'll take the 3 points.

I really like him as a manager.

But he is a whinger, never thinks his team deserves to lose.

They did tonight. They are a good side but we were the better team tonight and thoroughly deserved the three points. 

• Like 12
  • Hmmm 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I really like him as a manager.

But he is a whinger, never thinks his team deserves to lose.

They did tonight. They are a good side but we were the better team tonight and thoroughly deserved the three points. 

They are just as Sunderland were a good side.

Hull impressed me when out of possession. They stifled Citys options very impressively particularly in the first 45. They were forcing us to play really short passes and there were times when we could barely get the ball forward - all due to the Hull being well disciplined.

Fortunately they couldn’t maintain that level in the second 45.

• Like 4