IGNORED

Bitter Liam

AppyDAZE

32 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

Yes but I never felt they had control of the game, you could see there tidy on the ball and are a good side but for example we were winning the ball back and breaking quickly on hull in transition. I felt they played quickly and looked to go from back to front quick. They didn't have a great deal of shots on target either and when you look at possession stats its 51 to them and 49 to us.  The sunderland game I'd say they controlled the game especially when we went a goal up.

That’s my point though, both teams had periods on control in the game, hence the possession being even. They looked decent in the opening 10 mins, then we took control and scored during the next 20, without creating clear cut chances.  Then the tide turned again and they controlled it through to half time, going 2-1.

They also came out at the start of the second half controlling the tempo for a while which is what I think Rosenior refers to. We then get on top and score a couple of late goals.

This is how I saw the game play out anyway and why I think Rosenior’s comments aren’t that far off the truth.

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I think poor Liam is going to continue finding these problems seeing as he has a built a borderline PL midfield and attack but L1 goalie and defence 

Spot on.  Plus the way they play means they expose their defensive players.  Twine, Tufan nor Delap really track back.  Tufan is a wonderful technician, but he isn’t gonna chase you back.  I was disappointed in a good way with Morton (Liverpool loanee) last night, he didn’t do a lot.  Poor old Seri, who is class, was left to do a lot of work.  Was glad when they subbed him.

4 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Both managers said they were in control of the game, must be me but I don’t think any team were ever in full control. It was a delightful 3 points and the table is looking positive for us 

Fairly open game, which we were better.  LR was wrong, maybe he was too far away up in the stands to see!

4 hours ago, redkev said:

Totally agree , but uno this is Bristol city 🙈,

I have been watching city from about the age of 10 just before we got to the old first division even then we seem to be on a rollercoaster in games , the only period I can remember being very comfortable at the gate knowing we would score 234 and breeze through the game or go behind and come back to win easily was the double winning season under cotterill, even under Johnson senior we always seemed to be chasing the game and scored a fair few late winners ,  a nice 3 or 4 nil would be nice though I agree but I also think unless you are a top two side the nature of the championship just doesn’t allow for teams to totally dominate games ,

And before that, the Jordan team that got promoted.

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Funny how people see it differently.

For periods of that first half Delap gave Pring a horrible time. Skinned him time and time again. At 2-1 I couldn’t see us getting back into it.

He did, but Pring did the same to him going the other way.

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Funny how people see it differently.

For periods of that first half Delap gave Pring a horrible time. Skinned him time and time again. At 2-1 I couldn’t see us getting back into it.

I always fear I'm going to get pilloried for saying it, but I don't think Pring is a particularly good LB. I like him a lot as a wing back and I think it helps his defending as he seems a lot more comfortable when up to speed, coming back from further up the field. One-on-one from a standing start, he seems a little flat footed against a winger with good acceleration and quick feet.

Edited by Red from afar
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

That’s my point though, both teams had periods on control in the game, hence the possession being even. They looked decent in the opening 10 mins, then we took control and scored during the next 20, without creating clear cut chances.  Then the tide turned again and they controlled it through to half time, going 2-1.

They also came out at the start of the second half controlling the tempo for a while which is what I think Rosenior refers to. We then get on top and score a couple of late goals.

This is how I saw the game play out anyway and why I think Rosenior’s comments aren’t that far off the truth.

But when you say " controlled the game " that implys over the 90 minutes now your saying the control was shared in intervals while the game ebb and flowed for me thats two different things.

9 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Every manager of a team beaten by us says exactly the same thing, it’s as if they shouldn’t be losing to little old Bristol City 

There it is.

But the opposite side of the coin is the baked in we are not good enough and never will be culture at our club and some might say our city. 

• Thanks 1