IGNORED

Why Do They Do It ?

slartibartfast

Like last night, the twot who scored the equaliser, giving it the big one to the South Stand ! It leaves him wide open for feeling a total buffoon when they lose late on.           I can understand it if someone is getting pelters from the opposition and scores in the last minute, but I'm sure he wasn't getting anything, and it was still the first half ,plenty of time for them to **** up......which they did !

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Like last night, the twot who scored the equaliser, giving it the big one to the South Stand ! It leaves him wide open for feeling a total buffoon when they lose late on.           I can understand it if someone is getting pelters from the opposition and scores in the last minute, but I'm sure he wasn't getting anything, and it was still the first half ,plenty of time for them to **** up......which they did !

I think it was in response to the negligible booing he got when he feigned injury (my words, it might have been genuine 😀😃🙂) earlier in the half. He seemed a bit upset at the time that no-one was treating it seriously.

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I think it was in response to the negligible booing he got when he feigned injury (my words, it might have been genuine 😀😃🙂) earlier in the half. He seemed a bit upset at the time that no-one was treating it seriously.

Talking of that sort of thing, yeah Hull keeper Allsop had to be subbed in the end that's fair but he didn't half milk it when down at a corner not long after we equalised.

Fortunately it didn't make a difference but it could have wrecked our momentum a but.

29 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Troy Deeney giving it large in front of the south stand. Think we ended up winning 4-2, Deeney got subbed off and started crying. 

The last bit I made up 

What was weird about that was they were still losing when he did it!

Edited by bcfctim
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Troy Deeney giving it large in front of the south stand. Think we ended up winning 4-2, Deeney got subbed off and started crying. 

The last bit I made up 

Also he was “running” slower than Joe Biden in that game & appeared only to be on the pitch to take a penalty.

He made Steve Torpey look like Bobby Reid or Andi Weimann.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Also he was “running” slower than Joe Biden in that game & appeared only to be on the pitch to take a penalty.

He made Steve Torpey look like Bobby Reid or Andi Weimann.

Excuse me but Torps had a turn of speed about him. I've seen him on Weston Sands pulling the Helicopter carriage !!!

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Some of that from Connolly (A* for shithousery) was in response to the bounce chant, he did the up and down hands etc, and some of the away fans did a bounce.

That chant (which I love, and seems to be a clear indicator of when the crowd is in good voice) came out very early and we nearly ended up with egg on our faces.

Ultimately, it all added spice, it fed into the players, fed back to the crowd and made a difference. Everyone today saying how much they loved the atmosphere under lights last night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Aaron Connolly appears to be a bit of a *****.

Had a reputation at Brighton for loads of off field nonsense & noticed a few altercations with one or two of ours last night.

Tosser.

The Hull fans thinks he’s tosser as well. He was getting loads of grief of their forum earlier - despite scoring a decent goal for them.

6 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

You mean the player with tights & gloves on in 12 degrees 🙄 what a bellend 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I was sat near to where he did this. Didn't seem to be any reason for it.   However, I thought that winding up opposition fans was a yellow card offence. Mind you, I thought that there is a 6 second rule, that standing in front of a free kick taker, and wasting time at any period of the game, were all offences that would be punished...

7 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

It’s a part of the key board warrior culture that exists everywhere (except this forum of course). People getting away with giving it large because they know they won’t be confronted. 

Away teams have always celebrated goals and so they should, but the idea of directly taunting supporters a few feet away is much more recent issue. 

One day it will go horribly wrong for someone!

It is clear as a point of law... If one is one of 10-20 thousand, one is perfectly entitled to call out a visiting individual player with dogs abuse from the safety of the stand with a minimum of 6 pints of Natch onboard.

Furthermore, if said individual visiting player then goes on to score a goal, should that individual have the cheek to vaguely even celebrate, said player should be taken to a place of execution, having first had his gonads removed with a rusty side knife, thereafter having his head removed by blunt trauma and fans forming an orderly line to s*** down his neck and deficate over his twitching torso.

Fair??

Edited by Mad Cyril

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Aaron Connolly appears to be a bit of a *****.

Had a reputation at Brighton for loads of off field nonsense & noticed a few altercations with one or two of ours last night.

Tosser.

His sly smile at our support when he got up after trying and failing to get a free kick in the first half would back that assessment up, Gray.

Tidy player mind, if he forgets the theatrics. 

10 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

He was unhappy with the stick he got from the Dolman after his career-threatening injury went unpunished. What a sausage. Just made Knighty’s winner even sweeter 🤌

To be fair, the resurrection of him was just unbelievable. 
It wasnt quite Greg Halford for Rotherham under Colin’s management, but a resurrection all the same!

I assumed he was Brazilian or something the way he was acting, plus wearing his nice tights n gloves, didnt realise it was him until he scored. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

The last bit I made up 

What a day that was! Deeney looking like an absolute Muppet and I had money on Sykes to score 2 or more goals at 160-1 and he won me £3.5k!

• Robin 1

19 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

The last bit I made up 

He was arguing with the fans sat next to the away bench throughout the entire time he was there. Bloke’s a helmet who has got loud in podcasts where he’s compared himself to players like Harry Kane

• Haha 1

• Admin
8 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I've got absolutely no problem with players winding up fans - they get enough abuse so we shouldn't cry when they give it back. 

That being said, if you do that and end up on the losing side, you do look a right tit.

This weekends prime example is Jay Stansfield. 

Scored for Birmingham in front of the Argyle home end and ran to them to lift his match shirt to reveal a tshirt saying always a red, referencing to his time at Exeter 

Of course Birmingham capitulated and threw away a 3-1 lead to draw 3-3

11 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I've got absolutely no problem with players winding up fans - they get enough abuse so we shouldn't cry when they give it back. 

That being said, if you do that and end up on the losing side, you do look a right tit.

It's one where I understand it if a player has been getting pelters/history with the club and scores a late winner/equaliser.

I don't understand it as an equaliser midway through the first half- though I wouldn't be upset by it, it would just be a reason to try and wind up the player during the match.

A lot of fans seem to get very precious about players giving some back. 

Edited by transfer reader
  • Like 1