IGNORED

It’s broken and will never be the same! (Light hearted!)

Red Billy

So the wife has broken my Bristol City mug. I was obviously devastated and pointed out it was my lucky mug. To which she replied you’ve had it five years and not sure it’s been that lucky. (Ouch!)  Really can’t argue that.  I first started watching city in the Joe Jordan era and a had lucky scarf where I never saw us lose in 20 games.  In an effort to have some lighter non Pearson vs Manning posts.  Let’s hear about some of your lucky items or pre match rituals?

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

As you’ve already pointed out, none of us can have anything that lucky or we wouldn’t have been playing in the same 2 divisions for nearly 40 years.

Having said that, if I’ve got something new, maybe from the club shop, wear it and we win, you can guarantee that’s my latest lucky item.

Of course it rarely lasts. The season before last, I think, I did wear the same polo shirt to all 5 away games I went to, we won all 5.

First away game the following season, defeat! 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

My brother, after going on a session and seeing City score in the 90th minute (I think vs Swansea) used to repeat the mantra “eight pints for a last minute winner” and became convinced that if he got suitably oiled the goal in the last knockings would come.

Either that or he’d be too pissed to care.

That is going above and beyond the call of duty and I salute him! 🤣

• Like 1

For Christmas a few years ago I got a mug which had every City kit from the beginning until the present day. We then immediately went on a winning run for a few matches (would have been the 18/19 season under LJ) and I was convinced it was a lucky charm.

Still got the mug in good condition, but the charm has long since worn off.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

So the wife has broken my Bristol City mug. I was obviously devastated and pointed out it was my lucky mug. To which she replied you’ve had it five years and not sure it’s been that lucky. (Ouch!)  Really can’t argue that.  I first started watching city in the Joe Jordan era and a had lucky scarf where I never saw us lose in 20 games.  In an effort to have some lighter non Pearson vs Manning posts.  Let’s hear about some of your lucky items or pre match rituals?

Maybe you could get a new lucky mug for the start of a new lucky era where we win lots of games, time for change maybe?

My daughter is into crystals and gave me one that can bring wealth, it hasn't really worked as of yet, but i have big hopes for 2024!

• Like 1

For some reason on the way into the ground for the Middlesbrough game, I felt it would be a good idea to pat big John's statue on the knee and as we won, I have repeated this trick for both Sunderland and Hull (I missed the Norwich game). I will make it a habit for a while and hope it doesn't wear off too soon. :)

• Like 2
  • Robin 5

33 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

Look at the broken mug thing from the other direction: it may have been it that was causing the bad luck and now it`s broken it`s Champions League here we come!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, noize said:

Maybe you could get a new lucky mug for the start of a new lucky era where we win lots of games, time for change maybe?

My daughter is into crystals and gave me one that can bring wealth, it hasn't really worked as of yet, but i have big hopes for 2024!

Let’s see what Father Christmas brings! 🤣

29 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

For some reason on the way into the ground for the Middlesbrough game, I felt it would be a good idea to pat big John's statue on the knee and as we won, I have repeated this trick for both Sunderland and Hull (I missed the Norwich game). I will make it a habit for a while and hope it doesn't wear off too soon. :)

You just like touching grown men on the knees 🙈😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

For Christmas a few years ago I got a mug which had every City kit from the beginning until the present day. We then immediately went on a winning run for a few matches (would have been the 18/19 season under LJ) and I was convinced it was a lucky charm.

Still got the mug in good condition, but the charm has long since worn off.

I’ve got that mug, but the dishwasher is beginning to take its toll.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Look at the broken mug thing from the other direction: it may have been it that was causing the bad luck and now it`s broken it`s Champions League here we come!

It's certainly looking like the penalty curse was Nigel's rather than the clubs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Red Billy said:

We have NEVER lost a game (in 34 years) when I've bought a burger or Hot dog at the ground & replied to the conundrum of "do you want onions?" With the reply "just a few" - apart from the games we have lost when that scenario has taken place....

• Haha 2