IGNORED

Brussels Sprouts

Slippin cider

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

As a lad my nan insisted that I eat the brussel sprouts and offered one on a fork which bit into as if it were an apple only to see half a caterpillar on the other half……..:( 

Ive never eaten once since.

Ok, but what about sprouts

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Not many people seem to like these little beauties but I think they’re wonderful! ….cooked with small pieces of bacon or on their own they are wonderful! …..big up to the humble Sprout! …:yawn:

They are revolting pieces of concentrated Gashead snot.

When I'm dictator they'll be banned and possession of such items will attract stringent, cruel and unusual punishments. The AAC will be sent in to Lincolnshire to napalm the fields of growers. 

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

36 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

They are revolting pieces of concentrated Gashead snot.

When I'm dictator they'll be banned and possession of such items will attract stringent, cruel and unusual punishments. The AAC will be sent in to Lincolnshire to napalm the fields of growers. 

Red-robbo jong-un does have a nice ring to it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

How anyone can have a go at sprouts when parsnips continue to exist is beyond me 

I like Brussels sprouts, with bacon (or poitrine fumée) as mentioned above, with added walnuts.

I also like parsnips, either roasted alongside the potatoes (and carrots) or, with some swede, added to boiled potatoes and mashed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I like Brussels sprouts, with bacon (or poitrine fumée) as mentioned above, with added walnuts.

I also like parsnips, either roasted alongside the potatoes (and carrots) or, with some swede, added to boiled potatoes and mashed.

This Boxing Day I shall be serving ‘Jingle Hash’ - aka Bubble ‘n Squeak Xmas style:-

Leftover over roasties fried up, chestnuts, bacon, leeks, sprouts.

Cold meats (Turkey, gammon slices - cooked in Coke).

Cranberry and posh stuffing on the side plus Pickles - gherkin, silverskin onions, red cabbage & fig & honey chutney.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

50 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

There’s a thread for pet hates which would welcome your sprouts.

Madame Isewater cooks them in a frying pan with a little olive oil and an onion, absolutely delicious. 

Major, madame needs to also add a bit of diced bacon and if adventurous a tiny bit of garlic. You can also try this recipe with fried cabbage.  Beware though there are some windy side effects a few hours after eating.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Major, madame needs to also add a bit of diced bacon and if adventurous a tiny bit of garlic. You can also try this recipe with fried cabbage.  Beware though there are some windy side effects a few hours after eating.

Always blustery conditions in our house after

• Haha 3

It's always been an unwanted tradition amongst football fans: the Boxing Day game, with lots of heavy, booze and sprout-fuelled dinners still fermenting away inside. There ought to be a law that some spectators should have a catalytic converter fitted. I personally have a special pocket in my undergarments for a piece of asbestos.  💥:gasmask:

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

It's always been an unwanted tradition amongst football fans: the Boxing Day game, with lots of heavy, booze and sprout-fuelled dinners still fermenting away inside. There ought to be a law that some spectators should have a catalytic converter fitted. I personally have a special pocket in my undergarments for a piece of asbestos.  💥:gasmask:

Cant stand Boxing Day games,it’s bad enough when the bloke behind you is shouting shit at a normal game,when the bloke is doing out the other end in the row in front you are trapped 

16 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

There’s a thread for pet hates which would welcome your sprouts.

Madame Isewater cooks them in a frying pan with a little olive oil and an onion, absolutely delicious. 

That’s how I prepare mine.

Parboiled, then halved and fried in olive oil with poitrine fumée and onions, with a few halved walnuts added towards the end.

On 24/12/2023 at 22:47, Red DNA said:

This Boxing Day I shall be serving ‘Jingle Hash’ - aka Bubble ‘n Squeak Xmas style:-

Leftover over roasties fried up, chestnuts, bacon, leeks, sprouts.

Cold meats (Turkey, gammon slices - cooked in Coke).

Cranberry and posh stuffing on the side plus Pickles - gherkin, silverskin onions, red cabbage & fig & honey chutney.

What time can I come round?

• Like 1