IGNORED

Watford away match thread

Brilliant perfomance, superb result.

Credit to Manning and the lads: the team looks now more balanced and at ease in possession compared to what we saw in the first matches under the new manager, a sign that the work done in training is gradually being absorbed by the lads.

Third win in a row, one point below playoffs, no new injuries: I guess we can be satisfied! 😁

• Like 2
1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

City goal (Pring): https://streamin.one/v/1ee0c8b2

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

City second (Hoedt OG, thanks to Conway): https://streamin.one/v/614140e1

57 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

City third (Sykes): https://streamin.one/v/68c7f813

24 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

City FOURTH (Weimann): https://streamin.one/v/e45a5b95

Consolidation of the clips @IAmNick took the time to post, if you want to watch the City goals.

Thanks Nick.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Robin 4
6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That's what I'm hugely impressed by too. 

He made a comment that he felt he had overloaded the players with information. At the time for me that was a telling comment to make. 

He then ripped Manning ball up to a certain extent and concentrated on getting us to play to our strengths and its worked tremendously well. 

I had my concerns that he would be too stubborn to move away from his approach but I'm delighted that he did. 

Unintentional Partridge alert 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
57 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It will always be an injustice. 

It kept being brought up because of that injustice and the anger that fans felt and also because to begin with we started to look over our shoulders at the relegation zone. 

If you stayed away it was probably because you didn't like to see the support Nige had and that backs up my point about people being anti Pearson. 

But anyways, Merry Christmas to you and let's enjoy this game. 

Merry Christmas too you also, let’s hope the new year brings some exciting times

1 minute ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Special little Cameo mention for Wells. 

Came on, held the ball well, slowed it down,  when we needed to 

Wholly under appreciated forward, really intelligent professional, never going to be a 20 goal a season striker, but has all that nous and experience you need in the Championship. When to slow it down, when to turn, when to run, when to move, similar to James in that kind of pure football intelligence.

• Like 10

Its obviously still very early days for Manning but i'm just enjoying the positive approach.

There will be defeats along the way and we will concede goals, but football is an entertainment business and the players appear to be thriving off the new positive play.

Our shots on goal stats have been impressive in the last half a dozen games and long may it continue.

• Like 1

Nice to see City playing to our strengths and not setting up to counter the opposition, I think that's been the difference that Manning has made.

The next 2 games should be winnable on paper, if we get positive results from these then I think a corner will have been turned,if we lose then it's typical city. 

A couple of signings and we maybe an outside play off contender, it's early days yet, let's stay balanced.

1 minute ago, transfer reader said:

I don't need to move on from anything.

Didn't agree with Nige being sacked but he was and so I'm supporting the new manager, who has just got us 3 very good results.

Cheer up kid, we won.

What part “let’s enjoy just the result” makes you think I need cheering up?

I’m not sure you needed to go with the patronising kid line, but for whatever it’s worth I’m more than happy, but if being a WUM gives you a little ego boost, then fill your petty little boots sunshine, everyone should find their little bit of happiness at this time of year.

I’m going to enjoy 3 wins on the spin and City playing some decent football and a bit of account blocking to remove the irritants.

• Like 2

It’s amazing that some fans were writing manning off so early on - 2/3/4 games in - it was obvious bar the QPR game that he was TRYING to coach us and it would take time - the fact we are at this point so early despite having a squad of players who aren’t his is a great achievement. Identity and good football , great to see. Will have losses but big steps forward already. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It’s almost as if a manager needs some games to implement a style and can’t be judged after 4 matches! 

I don't know how anyone else saw it but I saw it as he came in and didn't really know what he had here or who we were. I think his perception of us was maybe skewed by our two games against Oxford this season. 

There was also a bad feeling around the club following the previous events. 

But he came in and immediately changed our style to one that didn't suit our players. His style was control possession, control the game etc etc. 

He realised that wasn't working so he took us back to a more familiar style which plays to our strengths. Today we had 41% possession for example. 

I've always said he needed to enhance upon how we were playing, not rip it up and start again and I'm glad he quickly learned from that mistake. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 5