IGNORED

New back-of-shirt sponsor

CyderInACan

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s worse than that Dave. Go Skippy is ultimately owned, I believe, by that bastion of integrity and not making up shit at all Arron Banks

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

GoSkippy used to have ties to Arron Banks..no clue if still the case.

Snap!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

Fortunately long left the company 

I worked for the overall insurance group about 6 years ago, and stayed in Arron Banks pent house apartment in Gibraltar a few times whilst working there (not bad work if you can get it!).  I wasn't aware he had sold up, although they have changed names from Eldon to Somerset Bridge (of which Go Skippy is a product).  Arron set the company up after leaving Brightside Insurance who he also set up who are based in the old Aust service station.

Edited by Tinmans Love Child

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

GoSkippy used to have ties to Arron Banks..no clue if still the case.

Parent company Somerset Bridge formerly Eldon, sold in 2021 I think - but had a fairly chequered past, FT reported on a very complex structure where GoSkippy was turning over huge sums but never making any money, which was paid out to other companies in Gibraltar and elsewhere as part of complex accounting.

Insurance business was fined £120k by Information Commissioners Office for using the Leave.EU database to market GoSkippy, and it was referenced in the investigation into Russian interference in Brexit as part of Banks finances and £9m of unaccounted donations despite reporting no real income in his own companies.

Banks while owning GoSkippy used to tweet that he was sick to death of hearing about Hillsborough so he has much affection for football fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Club has just confirmed on X (formerly Twitter) that Banks is no longer involved with the company.

Which is good - but again, I’d question why they didn’t know that questions like this would be coming. Several people on here made the link between Banks and GoSkippy (understandable as local), and although you and I will see that disclaimer those not on social media won’t.

I can’t see it will be a big deal. But it won’t sell any more shirts and also puts the club in a negative light. It just looks horribly naive.

• Like 2