IGNORED

Railway travel Jan 2024

Rocking Red Cyril

I am staying with family in Weston for couple of weeks in Jan. And thought brilliant I get tickets for the Watford home game and take my grandsons . So book tickets and go to book the railway return to good old Parsons street from Weston . And bugger me there no trains due to rail works. 

So my question is, is there a way around this other than booking coach tickets return ?

I’m afraid your best bet is going to be the bus. In bound, The X1 stops at Clanage Road. (3 mins walk to the stadium) and outbound at Ashton Road. 
if your Grandson is a little one, I would go early and leave AG late as the buses are often quite busy just before and after the game. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jacs said:

I’m afraid your best bet is going to be the bus. In bound, The X1 stops at Clanage Road. (3 mins walk to the stadium) and outbound at Ashton Road. 
if your Grandson is a little one, I would go early and leave AG late as the buses are often quite busy just before and after the game. 

Grandsons 13 year old twins. Young adults as they keep telling me 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I am staying with family in Weston for couple of weeks in Jan. And thought brilliant I get tickets for the Watford home game and take my grandsons . So book tickets and go to book the railway return to good old Parsons street from Weston . And bugger me there no trains due to rail works. 

So my question is, is there a way around this other than booking coach tickets return ?

Rail works , leaves on the track , strikes , fxxk me there useless , my and mrs went to Weston last Saturday on the train for a few 🍺🍺🍷🍷 went to come home 3 trains cancelled one after the other shocking service,

got a train few years back from Paris to Monaco turned up bang on time arrived Monaco 5 mins early , just saying like 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes it’s a rail replacement bus between WSM and Temple Meads.

Whenever I drive that road to Ashton Gate there seems to be a very frequent bus service, Badgerline X1 I believe. A lot of stops though so I doubt it’s very quick. 

No replacement bus to Parson Street though. GWR info:

IMG_4008.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yeah think the X1 has got it. 

The Bristol bus used to pick up in the centre by the pub, Bristol Hotel, I think it was called. Does the X2 pick up there as well ?

I think so but not 100% sure, but if you're there then you are a one minute walk from where the buses all start and stop these days (what used to be Alexandra Parade) outside Tescos

The X1 also picks up at all the stops from there down Locking Road to the motorway junction

Edited by richwwtk

3 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes it’s a rail replacement bus between WSM and Temple Meads.

Whenever I drive that road to Ashton Gate there seems to be a very frequent bus service, Badgerline X1 I believe. A lot of stops though so I doubt it’s very quick. 

Although I'm still not convinced it's frequent enough to be deserving of turning a large chunk of the a370 into a bus lane! 

• Like 1