IGNORED

619 Millwall followers heading to Gate

3 minutes ago, Piccolo said:

Yeah, I didn’t say no women and children watch us away, just that it will be a lower % than any other club due to the crap we have to put up with from locals and local police forces. 

Also my cousin sent me this… so who knows… not sure why he’d lie?! 

3A55549F-98E5-4B36-9383-1ECD7D480DB3.jpeg

Trains to Parkway cancelled due to flooding - looks like they will be cancelled for pretty much the whole day but trains to BTM are fine 👍

1 minute ago, Piccolo said:

Yeah, I didn’t say no women and children watch us away, just that it will be a lower % than any other club due to the crap we have to put up with from locals and local police forces. 

Also my cousin sent me this… so who knows… not sure why he’d lie?! 

3A55549F-98E5-4B36-9383-1ECD7D480DB3.jpeg

Read somewhere that the line is closed between Swindon & Bristol because of flooding, going back to away following you do have it tough because of restrictions and to be honest I wouldn’t be bothered with all the hassle, it’s why I stopped going to the Welsh away games because they were “bubbles” our away numbers have been excellent this season and figures are slightly distorted due to midweek/Friday away fixtures at far off places like Hull & Blackburn 

1 minute ago, Loosey Boy said:

Trains to Parkway cancelled due to flooding - looks like they will be cancelled for pretty much the whole day but trains to BTM are fine 👍

Good. But £100 plus quid to watch us at a very familiar ground still isn’t gonna entice more than the hardcore on New Years Day, after Christmas and at the height of a cost of living crisis. As said, nearly 8% of STHs bothering is still pretty respectable imo. Would more than 1,100 Bristolians bother coming to The Den direct from Bristol today (ie not London/SE based), whilst near bottom of table? 

• Like 2

Just now, Piccolo said:

Good. But £100 plus quid to watch us at a very familiar ground still isn’t gonna entice more than the hardcore on New Years Day, after Christmas and at the height of a cost of living crisis. As said, nearly 8% of STHs bothering is still pretty respectable imo. Would more than 1,100 Bristolians bother coming to The Den direct from Bristol today (ie not London/SE based), whilst near bottom of table? 

I would say so. We tend to travel well in London.

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I would say so. We tend to travel well in London.

Bristol City brought 1,122 to The Den last season for a fixture just before Christmas and that obviously included London & SE based fans. So I don’t think I am talking non sense when I suggest that you’d take a similar percentage of home fans (from Bristol) to us for a New Years Day match costing £35 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

Just now, Piccolo said:

Bristol City brought 1,122 to The Den last season for a fixture just before Christmas and that obviously included London & SE based fans. So I don’t think I am talking non sense when I suggest that you’d take a similar percentage of home fans (from Bristol) to us for a New Years Day match costing £35 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mate I’m really not arsed.

Happy New Year

16 minutes ago, Piccolo said:

You’re probably right, not sure how many we took to Watford on Boxing Day but we sold out our allocation at Brum last Friday night which was decent considering there is no late trains back to Bristol from New Street 

13 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Got some mates who made a last minute decision to come today 

£42 for a ticket for a non member 

disgusting pricing and now all 3 have decided not to bother 

on the flip side... barely any tickets left 

These prices constantly puts my boys and many of their friends off, they play on Saturdays so can only make a few games a season prices permitting 

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

Be interesting to see how many empty SC holders seats there are as it isnt easy for all out of towners to get in today.

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I just said we tend to travel well in London, and you gave me a life story.

Mate, I didn’t. I concisely used facts to counter your opinion is all. But I often find people get all defensive and prickly when that happens these days. 

• Like 1

Just now, Piccolo said:

Mate, I didn’t. I concisely used facts to counter your opinion is all. But I often find people get all defensive and prickly when that happens these days. 

If our away attendances are inflated by 'South East' fans does that make your home attendances even more terrible as your fans don't move away from the 'South East'

5 hours ago, Piccolo said:

Bristol City brought 1,122 to The Den last season for a fixture just before Christmas

Between Christmas and New Year, think it was a Thursday night? 

5 hours ago, Piccolo said:

Would more than 1,100 Bristolians bother coming to The Den direct from Bristol today (ie not London/SE based), whilst near bottom of table? 

Probably not, especially on New Years Day with 9k going back up to London next weekend. 

5 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Correct, Chipping Sodbury tunnel is flooded. BTM services unaffected.

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

If our away attendances are inflated by 'South East' fans does that make your home attendances even more terrible as your fans don't move away from the 'South East'

I would argue our home attendances are very healthy. Six matches have already been a sell-out for home fans this season, despite us until last few games really struggling.

Furthermore, you have to take in account Millwall play a tube ride away from West Ham, Arsenal, Chelsea and Fulham. A bus ride from Crystal Palace and a good walk from Charlton. I would say that if you took the populations of all the areas considered ‘Millwall areas’, such as Bermondsey, New Cross etc, you are looking at c.200,000 people. Therefore average home support of 12-15,000 home fans is very good percentage wise, especially when you consider our complete lack of success and the transient nature of an inner London population too. For example, if the people of Leeds supported their one club in the same % of the population, they’d be getting c60,000 to games, even when they were in League One (they in fact dropped down to 16-18,000 at one point).

Again, it is all about how you look at these things. How many do you think Bristol City would average if you played out their league history playing a few tube stops away from Arsenal, West Ham & Chelsea?

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Between Christmas and New Year, think it was a Thursday night? 

True.

A better example would be the 1,340 Bristol City brought on a Saturday afternoon in February 2020 whilst 7th in the Championship. 

3 minutes ago, Piccolo said:

True.

A better example would be the 1,340 Bristol City brought on a Saturday afternoon in February 2020 whilst 7th in the Championship. 

I can’t even remember what I was doing last night let alone how many we took to Millwall 3 years ago 🤣

I think the original comparison on last years game was fine, I’m reasonably sure we had a train to get us back to Bristol, I was just pointing out it wasn’t before Christmas.

5 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Was the most expensive ticket in the stadium the only option remaining?

5 hours ago, TV Tom said:

These prices constantly puts my boys and many of their friends off, they play on Saturdays so can only make a few games a season prices permitting 

There are much cheaper options available than the middle of the Lansdown and plenty of availability unless you leave it until the last minute for a popular fixture.

If your boys are under 19, then a membership costs £25, includes a free ticket to any league match, and then a fiver off per match. If they’re adults they still get the fiver off.

Edited by ChippenhamRed

2 hours ago, Piccolo said:

I would argue our home attendances are very healthy. Six matches have already been a sell-out for home fans this season, despite us until last few games really struggling.

Furthermore, you have to take in account Millwall play a tube ride away from West Ham, Arsenal, Chelsea and Fulham. A bus ride from Crystal Palace and a good walk from Charlton. I would say that if you took the populations of all the areas considered ‘Millwall areas’, such as Bermondsey, New Cross etc, you are looking at c.200,000 people. Therefore average home support of 12-15,000 home fans is very good percentage wise, especially when you consider our complete lack of success and the transient nature of an inner London population too. For example, if the people of Leeds supported their one club in the same % of the population, they’d be getting c60,000 to games, even when they were in League One (they in fact dropped down to 16-18,000 at one point).

Again, it is all about how you look at these things. How many do you think Bristol City would average if you played out their league history playing a few tube stops away from Arsenal, West Ham & Chelsea?

We play a bus ride away from the Gas. Imagine competing with that....  😂