IGNORED

Guardiola Ball is NOT the Way

I wasn't getting carried away with those 3 wins on the bounce as 2 of them were fairly lucky....mid table side as previously mentioned but annoying as that 6th play off place could be anyone's this season.

15 points from Mannings 11 games = 1.36PPG so there has been no real improvement so far on Pearsons stats this season.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Probably because you're too young to remember proper football...

It’s coming back though SDA just look at how my protege Angela Postecoglou is doing at Tottenham.

Rovers already have scouts working undercover in North Korea looking for the next Son Heung-minge.

• Haha 6

I agree with the OP.

18 years of coaching experience to produce that level of boring, tepid & emotionless football.
It’s a real concern of what might lay ahead if the players aren’t allowed or are afraid to take any risks whatsoever.

• Like 2

Think the issue today was the lack of movement from the midfield and forward lines to open the space to pass into 

Frustrating to see the ball being recycled so often but it's better to hang onto it than lump a hopeful ball forward to lose

Felt sorry for Tommy today, thankless task against two battering ram centre backs

New blood needed in the window 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I really wish people would stop pretending that Man City roll the ball along the back at walking pace.

Thats just us, that’s what we do.

I dare say we wouldn't either if we had players worth £30-100m each.

But the point is that we don't, yet everyone thinks it's trendy to play that way

Kudos to people like Bielsa and the Ipswich manager who are not fooled by this fraud and refuse to play dreary football 

26 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I wasn't getting carried away with those 3 wins on the bounce as 2 of them were fairly lucky....mid table side as previously mentioned but annoying as that 6th play off place could be anyone's this season.

15 points from Mannings 11 games = 1.36PPG so there has been no real improvement so far on Pearsons stats this season.

Manning or Nige weren’t or aren’t the issue. The players are not good enough, certainly in forward areas. Lack of investment in quality, only so much league one players will get you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Ahh yes, jumpers for goalposts, barging the keeper into the goal, lace in the sodden leather ball, games on xmas day & return on Boxing Day, WM system. Those were the days............

• Haha 2
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, reddoc said:

Well I brought my daughter and her husband who were over from New York to the game today, and they found it very entertaining.

Apparently the people sat behind them were really funny .

Were they sat in front of the royal box?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Cardy said:

I agree with the OP.

18 years of coaching experience to produce that level of boring, tepid & emotionless football.
It’s a real concern of what might lay ahead if the players aren’t allowed or are afraid to take any risks whatsoever.

No one coaches teams to play slow paced football though it just happens to be how those games pan out. I thought we moved the ball fairly quickly first half but in the second you could argue Millwall stopped us from playing. You can also argue a lot of these players have limitations when playing this style.

29 minutes ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

What point are you even trying to make here?

13 minutes ago, KingHillRed said:

Think the issue today was the lack of movement from the midfield and forward lines to open the space to pass into 

Frustrating to see the ball being recycled so often but it's better to hang onto it than lump a hopeful ball forward to lose

Felt sorry for Tommy today, thankless task against two battering ram centre backs

New blood needed in the window 

What happened today is that Millwall’s analysts/staff just like Sunderland’s and just like Wagner at half time v Norwich spotted that if you stop Dickie travelling with the ball and block off his passing lanes our movement is non existent and our game goes to pot as a result. It’s then a case of waiting for us to get ragged and taking control of the game.

Without Dickie pulling the strings out recycling is a waste of time and as others said we probably should have given direct a go!!

• Like 2

Guardiola ball is not the way. 
The way that has just won a treble and dominated English football since it begun. 

Today was poor, but it needs to be tweaked and have the right players for it too work. All needs time.

The days of blood and thunder football are gone. Any successful team currently play a version of your “Guardiola ball”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charlie BCFC said:

What point are you even trying to make here?

That you have probably only experienced the kind of football where it is compulsory to pass the ball 300 times before you cross the halfway line I e. not football from the 70's to the turn if the century 

I could be totally wrong, but if I am, you have bought what will be the slow death of what makes people watch football, i.e. passion and excitement, hook line and sinker

39 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Not great but what I’ve just read is up there with one of the weirdest posts I’ve seen on this forum

If anything your post above is the weirdest post I've seen on this forum. Period.
Today was prime O'Driscoll 2013 remastered. There's no defending todays performance. Simply must be better - both tactically, selection, and individually.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Guardiola ball is not the way. 
The way that has just won a treble and dominated English football since it begun. 

Today was poor, but it needs to be tweaked and have the right players for it too work. All needs time.

The days of blood and thunder football are gone. Any successful team currently play a version of your “Guardiola ball”

Do they though? Do Liverpool play Guardiola ball or do they have their own identity? 

The teams that get out of this league without parachute payments have to find their own way of playing because inevitably they don't have the best players in the league, they've been hoovered up. So they find a system that works, either for the players or they recruit to a plan

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Today was dire, absolutely dire and a prime example of how this modern trend of Play Station football will be the death of the game we love.

It is well known that The Etihad is a library and that is because nothing exciting happens there anymore 

Clubs that try and emulate this beware. Today, 21,000 people were bored rigid watching players endlessly recycling the ball in an attempt to emulate this turgid shite

It was probably the worst atmosphere I think I have ever experienced in 50 years of watching football at The Gate, there was literally nothing to get excited about 

At least the "dinosaur" football that I used to watch was exciting. Wingers taking on their full backs, through balls, crosses, shots, stuff that used to get you out of your seat, ALL GONE thanks to this modern brand of football which is dull as dishwater 

We've been sold the Emperor's new clothes, there is no substance to it, PlayStation is NOT REAL. When are people going to open their eyes to this game killer....

When was the last time we had exciting football at the Gate? We had a brief few months in 2017 but apart from that - it’s been shit since we returned to this division 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Fuber said:

If anything your post above is the weirdest post I've seen on this forum. Period.
Today was prime O'Driscoll 2013 remastered. There's no defending today’s performance. Simply must be better - both tactically, selection, and individually.

Sorry what? Where did I defend the performance? Are you looking at the right comment?

There's some wonderfully rose tinted glasses being worn here.

Are you telling me some of the absolute bollocks served up under Russell Osman in the mid 90's with players like Colin Loss, Henry McKop and Rodney McAree should now be seen as some sort of footballing nirvana? I don't think so.

I've sat through some go awful shite over the years regardless of the era 

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 6