IGNORED

Guardiola Ball is NOT the Way

3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

He's also got five first teamers back from being unavilable that NP didnt have available for selection.
So I'd expect him to get more out of the squad, to be honest.

I think that’s a very relevant point. Nige with a fit(ish) group to choose from had us top half, as high as 7th / 8th after some game weeks.  So I expect him to do okay.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

And you have completely missed the point...

I've sat through plenty of dross throughout the decades BUT, that provoked an appropriate response

Today provoked nothing, I have never experienced Ashton Gate in total silence. It was truly soporific. The only level of excitement was when we won a corner late on which was embarrassing but, it was all we had to shout about 

My point is about the football, not City specifically today. This style of play will be the death of football from a live spectator perspective 

Norwich at home a few weeks back was also pretty terrible from an experience perspective, it felt really flat that day.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3

Just now, UncleRed said:

Or you just acknowledge it wasn’t the best and get on with it instead of crying about it like children.

What do you do when we win? Quickly acknowledge it and tell everyone they shouldn’t discuss it….or gloat about how everything in the world is good.

Its quite a hypocritical approach isn’t it?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think that’s a very relevant point. Nige with a fit(ish) group to choose from had us top half, as high as 7th / 8th after some game weeks.  So I expect him to do okay.

if only football was that easy aye. Like the fans who shout forward and moan whenever a pass goes sideways. If only people understand that the answer to winning at football consisted of just passing forwards every single time. Clowns.

Football has many variables game by game, not one fan has all the information at his disposal. So instead of questioning things you and we know nothing about, I say we just get on with “supporting” the club we all supposedly support.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UncleRed said:

Or you just acknowledge it wasn’t the best and get on with it instead of crying about it like children.

Thanks for the admonishment from the only adult in the room...

3 or 4 more similar performances will see a lot more empty red seats. My opinion is a concern for the future of this club

You nay have experienced a hostile or negative atmosphere before but I repeat, the ground was totally SILENT in the latter stages, quite disconcerting 

1 hour ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Today was dire, absolutely dire and a prime example of how this modern trend of Play Station football will be the death of the game we love.

It is well known that The Etihad is a library and that is because nothing exciting happens there anymore 

Clubs that try and emulate this beware. Today, 21,000 people were bored rigid watching players endlessly recycling the ball in an attempt to emulate this turgid shite

It was probably the worst atmosphere I think I have ever experienced in 50 years of watching football at The Gate, there was literally nothing to get excited about 

At least the "dinosaur" football that I used to watch was exciting. Wingers taking on their full backs, through balls, crosses, shots, stuff that used to get you out of your seat, ALL GONE thanks to this modern brand of football which is dull as dishwater 

We've been sold the Emperor's new clothes, there is no substance to it, PlayStation is NOT REAL. When are people going to open their eyes to this game killer....

When it works, and goes well. Often you get a lead, force them out then pick them off. When it works it can look sweet on the eye (whilst requiring patience)

When it doesn't work. It is million miles off value for Money and sucks the life out of the entire stadium.

Secret= make it work far more than it doesn't. For that, he needs to buy his players, in his positions; with 1 preseason.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

What do you do when we win? Quickly acknowledge it and tell everyone they shouldn’t discuss it….or gloat about how everything in the world is good.

It’s quite a hypocritical approach isn’t it?

I didn’t say you can’t acknowledge it Dave, reread my post it might help it sink in. I said don’t cry about it. Any body would think we’re 20th in the league, lost 5 straight, players don’t like playing for the manager, and with no chance of having a relatively successful season.

Just now, UncleRed said:

Nobody is crying. People paid good money to watch today and a forum is all about expressing opinion isn’t it……..childish is banging on about agendas that just aren’t there. An agenda would be pinning the blame on Manning and saying Nige would have won that game or in a few cases suggesting it would have been even worse under Nige. It’s not happening……..or at least it’s only happening in your head.

People like to come on here and discuss what they’ve seen, and we all see it slightly differently, if differing opinion is not for you perhaps you’re in the wrong place?

11 minutes ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

I've sat through plenty of dross throughout the decades BUT, that provoked an appropriate response

Today provoked nothing, I have never experienced Ashton Gate in total silence. It was truly soporific. The only level of excitement was when we won a corner late on which was embarrassing but, it was all we had to shout about 

My point is about the football, not City specifically today. This style of play will be the death of football from a live spectator perspective 

I’d pick out the ‘live spectator’ in your last paragraph as particularly telling.  

I totally agree on what you posted earlier about how football has changed for us old ‘uns.  I reckon the best way for football to survive when dishing up the dross we watched today, is for us oldies to all die off!  

Once that happens, they’ll just have the simpler job of convincing the younger fans that this kind of football is clever and acceptible, as they won’t have the benefit of knowing any different.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Nobody is crying. People paid good money to watch today and a forum is all about expressing opinion isn’t it……..childish is banging on about agendas that just aren’t there. An agenda would be pinning the blame on Manning and saying Nige would have won that game or in a few cases suggesting it would have been even worse under Nige. It’s not happening……..or at least it’s only happening in your head.

People like to come on here and discuss what they’ve seen, and we all see it slightly differently, if differing opinion is not for you perhaps you’re in the wrong place?

It’s not happening?

You just saying that proves my point 😂

1 minute ago, UncleRed said:

if only football was that easy aye.

in a contextualised comparison, yes it is…very simple.  Our hierarchy seem to think so too.

Like the fans who shout forward and moan whenever a pass goes sideways. If only people understand that the answer to winning at football consisted of just passing forwards every single time. Clowns.

It’s nothing like that at all, so I’ve struck it through. Completely irrelevant point to the ones @Fuber and myself are making.  Please don’t change the context / point of the comments made.

Football has many variables game by game, not one fan has all the information at his disposal. So instead of questioning things you and we know nothing about, I say we just get on with “supporting” the club we all supposedly support.

eff me, you’re just like the poster @cotswoldred2 who keeps using the “support the club” line everytime someone says anything he doesn’t like or agree with

What don’t I know anything about btw?  The squad facts / injuries / availability are not being kept from us.  There is no inside track to what me and Fuber posted.

Am I not supporting the club, please explain how I can be a super fan like you? 🤷🏻‍♂️

⬆️⬆️⬆️

• Like 2

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Really? How is that working then? You sound a bit paranoid and looking for an agenda tbh. 

How is that working? You saying people haven’t been comparing managers and saying “if he was in charge”. Yet the past few weeks there’s been numerous comments about this exact thing not just on OTIB either. Didn’t realise it was that hard to understand.

I for one don’t care who’s in charge at this moment because with this crop of players I don’t think the club can get much further. But I’m not an idiot and can admit the footballs been more entertaining to watch the last few weeks. And at least we have a style of playing now, even if it is the death of a live sport that is the most popular sport worldwide…easily.

Left back passes to centre half, centre half squares it across to the other centr half, that centre half passes it across to the right back. Right back has a quick look up, decides there is no ball on and then passes back to the centre half who inturn passes it on the the other centre half who then passes it back the the left back.

Occasionally we will get a moment of excitement when the ball will be played back to Max and we are left wondering if it will be played back the one of the defence OR punted up field.

Does that sum it up?

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

How is that working? You saying people haven’t been comparing managers and saying “if he was in charge”. Yet the past few weeks there’s been numerous comments about this exact thing not just on OTIB either. Didn’t realise it was that hard to understand.

I for one don’t care who’s in charge at this moment because with this crop of players I don’t think the club can get much further. But I’m not an idiot and can admit the footballs been more entertaining to watch the last few weeks. And at least we have a style of playing now, even if it is the death of a live sport that is the most popular sport worldwide…easily.

There has been pointless comparison but none of that relates to TODAY. People are discussing (it’s a forum) a very poor performance and I’m not seeing anyone say the Manager isn’t up to it.

People questioning the tactics, the style and the set up is normal for this type of forum. I am not reading agenda led posts except the tiny minority of posters that have a real agenda EITHER way. In the same way we (probably overly) praise a win a defeat is dissected (again overly negative, it’s normal on here).

Some people are so defensive of the perception of Liam Manning that it’s becoming a bit weird. Today was shite but nobody wants him to lose his job bar two or three posters on the whole forum TOPS who are still not moving on from Nige.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Left back passes to centre half, centre half squares it across to the other centr half, that centre half passes it across to the right back. Right back has a quick look up, decides there is no ball on and then passes back to the centre half who inturn passes it on the the other centre half who then passes it back the the left back.

Occasionally we will get a moment of excitement when the ball will be played back to Max and we are left wondering if it will be played back the one of the defence OR punted up field.

Does that sum it up?

It's not that good!!

Happy clappers..........

So football is easy? Yet you and many people seem to think that, but what’s your day jobs? If it’s that easy you must work for professional football teams.

I didn’t change the context. You two made a point about a pointless stat, I said sarcastically about the sport being that easy to understand.

You think the club shares every detail with its fanbase? Wow Dave your ego is even bigger than I thought 🙈

oh oh oh, remember when everyone thought Matty James was out for 6 weeks (including yourself), played 90 minutes the next game 😂

I never once said you wasn’t supporting the club, and I’m no superfan, in fact I’m far from it.

But yeah Dave carry on being condescending it looks real good on you. 

• Confused 2

29 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

Why resort to juvenile insults.?

Shut the forum down perhaps unless everyone agrees?

Or perhaps stfu and acknowledge that a lot of people saw the same thing and elect to use this forum as a means of expressing their frustration.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

I’ve experienced Ashton gate multiple times when the atmosphere was worse than that today, and about the death of football people keep banging on about, that’s their opinion and not factual. I for one don’t find it boring watching the team I support live, playing that style. And I’m sure I’m not the only one.

I agree today was “shite”. But name me a team that has never played “shite”. And yes I did attend today, supporting the team no matter the circumstances.

Which games would you say were a worse atmosphere than today out of interest? Today it was pretty much silent for 90 minutes, I can't see how it could be any worse.

I agree to an extent with the initial post.  I have seen many games over the years where we have been bad, very bad, technically players much worse than our current squad, but in terms of entertainment, today was one of the worst.  There was just nothing, we barely got near their goal.  We didn't even have a go.

What I don't understand is why when there was an option to break away, outnumber them, we would delay, or turn back, they would get behind the ball and we would be back to square one again, side to side again where the chances of getting forward and scoring were next to nothing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

There has been pointless comparison but none of that relates to TODAY. People are discussing (it’s a forum) a very poor performance and I’m not seeing anyone say the Manager isn’t up to it.

People questioning the tactics, the style and the set up is normal for this type of forum. I am not reading agenda led posts except the tiny minority of posters that have a real agenda EITHER way. In the same way we (probably overly) praise a win a defeat is dissected (again overly negative, it’s normal on here).

Some people are so defensive of the perception of Liam Manning that it’s becoming a bit weird. Today was shite but nobody wants him to lose his job bar two or three posters on the whole forum TOPS who are still not moving on from Nige.

I agree, except it’s a lot more than two or three. And some have mentioned it relating to TODAY.

49 minutes ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

I agree with most of what you said except for the big I’ve highlighted. The only real bit of excitement was when Williams had a punch up with a Millwall player in front of Area 51. Both could easily have received a red card 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Why resort to juvenile insults.?

Shut the forum down perhaps unless everyone agrees?

Or perhaps stfu and acknowledge that a lot of people saw the same thing and elect to use this forum as a means of expressing their frustration.

Who said anything about having to agree.

And god forbid someone insults another on here, that’s not normal is it 😂

There’s frustration, then there’s over the top moaning to the point I can actually hear the crying coming out of my phone.

The older generation like to moan I know but Jesus, act your age sometimes.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I agree with most of what you said except for the big I’ve highlighted. The only real bit of excitement was when Williams had a punch up with a Millwall player in front of Area 51. Both could easily have received a red card 

I missed that, I'd stuck pins in my eyes by then....

Edited by Scrumpys Dietary Advisor..
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

Who said anything about having to agree.

And god forbid someone insults another on here, that’s not normal is it 😂

There’s frustration, then there’s over the top moaning to the point I can actually hear the crying coming out of my phone.

The older generation like to moan I know but Jesus, act your age sometimes.

Ageist ***** slert.

Ok to dig someone out because of their vintage.

Belter.

• Like 1

Just now, Natchfever said:

Ageist ***** slert.

Ok to dig someone out because of their vintage.

Belter.

Works both ways.

Seen plenty of posts taking digs about someone’s point of view because they’re too young in their opinion.

Truth hurts 

9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Agreed, what was happening wasnt working, some alternative plan of how to play just didnt happen,,,maybe 2 strikers through the middle.. maybe encouraging full backs to push on,, and be more positive causing millwall to have to worry about defending against us, but there was only being passive, and then bang, they score,, to the surprise of no one who was watching.

• Like 1