IGNORED

West Ham : Posted tickets and collections

devoncider

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Sounds like that was the plan from WHU but does look like our own fanbase's aversion to digital season tickets discouraged that one.

What is it about not moving with the times 🤐

I personally like the idea of an away ticket to keep with the printed programme...especially in an age of nothing tangible. 

(Partially the same reason why I have a vinyl collection) 

Edited by MelksRed

7 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Do you have to sign for them as I had a delivery attempt while I was away on Saturday and I'm fairly sure the only delivery I'm due by post is my ticket, never had to sign for a ticket before tho.

Yes, my wife had to sign for tickets. Postman delivered them Saturday 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Do you have to sign for them as I had a delivery attempt while I was away on Saturday and I'm fairly sure the only delivery I'm due by post is my ticket, never had to sign for a ticket before tho.

Yes, they were sent 'signed for'. Mine arrived Saturday. Luckily Postman kept knocking as couldn't get to door quickly.

• Thanks 1

Spoke to a postman he says if you’re not in, then leave a note on your front door asking for them to sign for it and put in your door, sounds so sketchy 

are we given the tracking number so we can see when will be posted?

Still need to get to AG to collect my tickets. Didn't fancy the massive queue in the pouring rain on Monday evening after a terrible peformance 😂

I think City have made this harder than it should have been by only giving fans certain time slots to collect.

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Still need to get to AG to collect my tickets. Didn't fancy the massive queue in the pouring rain on Monday evening after a terrible peformance 😂

I think City have made this harder than it should have been by only giving fans certain time slots to collect.

Agreed. They should open the Ticket Office 24 hours a day shouldn't they! At least 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Sounds like that was the plan from WHU but does look like our own fanbase's aversion to digital season tickets discouraged that one.

Spot on! West Ham offered an either or option, tickets or digital. But because 6k season ticket holders aren’t digital the club had no option than agree to tickets. In context, West Ham have 45k season ticket holders and only 2k are not digital. We have 14k season tickets where 6k have cards!🫣

• Like 3

WTF has happened to ticketing at football? Rovers social media pages are full every week of people who have yet to receive tickets and having to make arrangements for collection at ground or just not being able to go. This generally gets blamed on Ticketmaster and the club, yet it seems you have similar problems. Is this something that happens at every club now? I feel a campaign coming on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Spot on! West Ham offered an either or option, tickets or digital. But because 6k season ticket holders aren’t digital the club had no option than agree to tickets. In context, West Ham have 45k season ticket holders and only 2k are not digital. We have 14k season tickets where 6k have cards!🫣

why are we so backwards ffs

• Robin 1

21 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

And from the discussions on here around the time that the digital cards were brought in, I got the distinct impression that a significant number of those still wanting physical cards were doing so because they could, rather than any genuine need to have one.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That was part of the agreement for posting….and I guess the cost too!

Yes I remember now that the postage was more than usual.

The club are getting stick on the other thread but I think with the way the post is now and the time of year it was a good idea. Pretty much guaranteed to get it to you or your nearest post office.

Obviously the best option by a mile would have been to have digital tickets but as we haven’t gone down that route for whatever reason this signed for is the best option.

We are pretty much guaranteed to get the tickets to our homes or nearest post office to collect.

And although it bumped up postage cost the tickets were only a tenner.