IGNORED

West Ham United away third round of the FA Cup match thread

First 5 shocking. Apart from that, we've mixed it quite well... someone please get hold of pring as he's not on it today... he can be our match winner, I know he's up against Bowen but he can be better.

Just wish we had something creative and up front, but I do that every week... give me a Sammy sz and an in form Fam. 

• Confused 1
Just now, Curr Avon said:

Brilliant save from Ward-Prowse.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Very much second best, their technique & movement is far superior.

The maligned Max O’Leary has kept us in it.

I would imagine their wage bill is also far superior to Bristol City's as well  so not really surprising they have better players is it.

• Like 2

Not bad.  I feared the worst after 5 mins.  Competed well, played some decent stuff thru midfield, but lack quality in the final third.

Hopefully, we can keep it at 1-0 deep into the 2nd half and try and nick an equaliser late on.

Edited by Malago
7 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Got to be honest we’re looking like National league team here for the day out…. Distinctly average thus far, not sure we even have a midfield right now the way the West Ham are cutting through it. 

On clear chances we should be 2-1 down to a top half Prem Side who have picked at least 9 of their available strongest XI, if not ten, with the choice of goalkeeper being totally irrelevant given the ability that BOTH choices have, a team that won a European trophy a few months back. There must be some decent sides in that National League then……….

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Got to be honest we’re looking like National league team here for the day out…. Distinctly average thus far, not sure we even have a midfield right now the way the West Ham are cutting through it. 

I think that’s harsh, we’re just lacking that final ball - but we know that, we’ve only got what we’ve got. Bell the only one looking a little out of place.

However, as enthused as we may be by the performance it is worth noting this IS West Ham’s style. Sit back and counter. I’m surprised they’re doing that against a lower league team, and I wonder if they’d have resorted to that had they not got a goal so early - but it does need to be considered.

While it’s one goal we’re well in it and always have a chance.

Commentator mentioned that LM has only had 9 training sessions in the 2 months he’s been here due to the fixture schedule!

Edited by MarcusX
29 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Quite an interesting tactic so far to not track Bowen at all and just let him do whatever he wants 🤣🤣

He does that against better players and better managers than us.  His movement and understanding of how his teammates make space for him is top-notch.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Really have you seen anything that looks like we’re going to score a goal. Outclassed by an average Prem team. Just far too quick.

They are entitled to be better class than us. To call our efforts National League is the only embarrassment I’m seeing tbh.

• Like 8
1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Really have you seen anything that looks like we’re going to score a goal. Outclassed by an average Prem team. Just far too quick.

I smell Gas mate if you got nothing good to say then dont say anything We have not been outclassed and we do not look like a national League side on a day out

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

Decent half in fairness, besides the goal.  Yeah, Max has made a few saves, but its gonna be like that against top-half PL opposition.

Max, Joe and Cam on top of their games, Joe especially, playing well, finding pockets.  We occasionally get caught wanting a bit too much time on the ball, but that's the speed of our opponents.

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

I would like to formally disassociate myself with these comments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

We knew that would be the case. Very happy to still be in the game. We’ll get one or maybe two more big chances, make them count and who knows?

Totally.

Shame we started so nervously, Bell’s effort really needed to go in to settle us but very happy to only be one down.

• Like 2