IGNORED

West Ham United away third round of the FA Cup match thread

Just now, harvey54 said:

Cam Pring trying to impress against a team that were allegedly interested in buying him recently? 

Exactly what I am thinking. Pity some of the others aren’t doing the same; or perhaps they are simply not as good as they think they are.

• Confused 1
3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Top Six.

Any evidence this team could survive in PL?

I mean not many teams who go up in the play offs compete in the Premier League, not to mention they strengthen before the season starts to even have a chance.

I get the frustration from our fans but this is a Premier League team who beat Spurs twice, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd this season so far and are currently sixth and people are criticising us for not looking like we're on par with them. Seems a little deluded to me to think we're going to look the better team, if anything I'd say we started off looking crap and now we're looking pretty good all things considered when you look at the difference in quality.

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

We’ve got into it a bit since the goal, shame we had to concede so early - although WH’s game plan is usually just sit back and counter so probably suited them to get a goal and drop off a bjt.

Bowen looks a different level completely to us, as he obviously is.

Bell looking a little out of place here, hoping he can raise it and grow into the game

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Don't think they are, we were shockingly bad for the first 5 mins not doing even the basics right, been better since the goal.

We've competed pretty well, without offering anything in the final third.

Going back to the goal, our 3 central defenders needed to be 3 yards further forward to catch Bowen offside. The ball from Paquetta was good, but the amount of space Bowen had beghind our defence was criminal.

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Hesitate to say we are dominating here but WH have so much quality on the break

This is how West Ham play though, they soak up pressure and hit on the counter, they have a low possession stat but hit hard on the counter.