IGNORED

West Ham United away third round of the FA Cup match thread

6 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I would say “great view” - but it’s so far from the pitch, it looks binoculars would be needed to identify what was happening at the far end! And what’s with the enormous gap just in front of you? Just to have you even further away from the pitch?!

It’s not as bad as the camera makes it look. The gap is because the lower tier slides back for athletics events.

People moan about the stadium, and it’s certainly not perfect, but we’ve just had an absolute hell of an afternoon there!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The near 5 hour journey from Taunton was well worth it, what a game and especially second half! Like I am sure most of you totally lost my shit when Conway scored what will be I am sure a memorable goal. 

Well done all the City fans who made for a great atmosphere on the way and in the ground too! 

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

It's interesting reading the comments under the BBC match reports. A lot of hammers fans  clearly hating Moyes. Seems crazy a European trophy last 16 of UEFA and 6th in the Prem. Not sure what more they want/expect - presumably about the quality of football?

They went 1 up after 4 mins and then just sat in and tried to counter, must be frustrating to watch even if it does produce results

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

It's interesting reading the comments under the BBC match reports. A lot of hammers fans  clearly hating Moyes. Seems crazy a European trophy last 16 of UEFA and 6th in the Prem. Not sure what more they want/expect - presumably about the quality of football?

The mythical ‘West Ham Way’ they spouted when Allardyce was in charge. Problem is when they have a more expansive manager they look like going down 

First half I thought it was a tale of the two No.20's, one, who's honed his skills and one who is hasn't.The couple of injuries they had early on certainly disrupted their game. I thought second half we upped our momentum and drove on and took the game to them and thoroughly deserved the draw if not more.

Job Williams was my of the match.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

Got to be honest we’re looking like National league team here for the day out…. Distinctly average thus far, not sure we even have a midfield right now the way the West Ham are cutting through it. 

Half time post from someone who went too early.

Edited by Malago
  • Haha 1

Fantastic away game, I think we got caught cold at the start, and to be fair the touch and finish from Bowen was exquisite. Second half we really took it to them and were full value for the draw. Awful atmosphere from the home fans, I went the last time we played them at Upton Park, and the chant of “you sold your soul for this shithole” was very apt!

• Like 1

GasGoesMarchingIn would just like to point out that this was a massive game for us, massive. We may have taken more to London than they average at home but something something something Chelsea Carabao Cup, 4,000 on a playschool night.

So that’s us put firmly back in our box.

Edited by WessexPest
  • Haha 3
6 hours ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

So the question is: What time will the first 'ffs' be posted on here? I'm going for 14:09.

Supplementary question: What time will the first 'get in' or 'Tooooommmmmyyyyy!' be posted? I'm going for 15:35.

1-1 and a famous replay victory at AG with Spurs away waiting for us in the next round. Possibly.

Crystal ball working quite well so far

• Like 1
Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

Great performance from the boys, so pleased for Tommy after missing a few 1 on 1's, will give him a massive confidence boost 

Took the 1 on 1 really well after a terrific thru ball from Williams. It was an excellent performance especially in the second half.

• Like 1

E5CA8B45-8351-41CB-9643-D7A8A5A38534.thumb.jpeg.4fbc3c089dfff382adfb4f77cc1502ba.jpegThe support looked fantastic from among the home fans.

The equaliser was a tough moment of suppressed elation. Just had to sit back and purr at the clinical finish.

Loads of grumbling from the home fans. Slightly disappointed we couldn’t quite find a winner. Great that we more than gave them a game though. Vyner, on the ball, was superb. 

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

Wow. What a game. What a day. What a result!

Superb team performance all around. No weaknesses. Greet team effort, solidarity and spirit. Replicate this in the league City haha

Max with some big saves in the first half. Pring, brilliant and did well against a top player in Bowen. Tanner solid. Centre halves dealt with the physicality. Thought our centre midfielders were brilliant - didn't look out of place. Especially Williams what a performance and assist! Wide player did good and Conway took his chance brilliantly.

Thoroughly deserved the goal. Despite a nervy first 10mins, we went head to head throughout. Switched off for their goal a bit but hell of a pass from their player. Played good football, nice link ups and rarely hoofed it up. 2nd half we were the better team - imagine the scenes if we went ahead!

Being sat amongst the West Ham fans, heard a few saying we were a good team and praised our support (City dancing around). Speaking of our supporters - wow. Unreal. Boy was it hard to contain myself went TC scored 😅

Deserving of a replay and no reason why we can't win it at a packed Ashton Gate. West Ham a bit unlucky with their injuries too. 

On my way to Victoria station. Safe trip back all. COYR

IMG_20240107_135244658.jpg

IMG_20240107_135247659.jpg

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

You’ve been in France too long Tone. It’s Orchestral. 

of course

• An orchestra pit is the area in a theatre (usually located in a lowered area in front of the stage) in which musicians perform. Orchestral pits are utilized in forms of theatre that require music (such as opera and ballet) or in cases when incidental music is required.
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, BigTone said:

of course

• An orchestra pit is the area in a theatre (usually located in a lowered area in front of the stage) in which musicians perform. Orchestral pits are utilized in forms of theatre that require music (such as opera and ballet) or in cases when incidental music is required.

Surely got an “L” for the same reason drawling does and good ideal does. Cause we be Bristol my lover 🤣

• Haha 1