IGNORED

West Ham United away third round of the FA Cup match thread

5 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

It was clear from where I was stood behind the goal, just surprised the lino didn't flag immediately or aren't they allowed to do that anymore? 

It's VAR isn't the lino doesn't need to flag anymore. Someone will get seriously injured soon with a late flag

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Whilst of course you can only win the competitions you qualify for...I'm not sure that particular European trophy buys you much kudos as a manager.

Depends on the club & the expectations.

It was massive for a club like West Ham. 

Agreed, Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd - those that are usually chasing the Champions league, it would feel a bit second fiddle - but for a club who aren't amongst the elite regular trophy winners, it was huge. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, erndogz said:

It's VAR isn't the lino doesn't need to flag anymore. Someone will get seriously injured soon with a late flag

What would happen if Conway is offside, the Lino doesn’t flag immediately, and the defender then makes a horrible, red card offence tackle, and the ref points to the spot? Would it just be an offside?

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Horrible day for West Ham. Three injured players and the injury to Bowen looked bad.

Plus they were about to have a two week winter break, and instead have to come to AG in 10 days time. Moyes will be fuming.

With Europa League and Prem coming up for them I wonder how fussed they'll be about a cup replay at AG during their "winter break".

Great opportunity for us to progress!

Ah well. never mind ay. **** um . They played their strongest side , now two of their best players are injured . It happens as we know very well 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Depends on the club & the expectations.

It was massive for a club like West Ham. 

Agreed, Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd - those that are usually chasing the Champions league, it would feel a bit second fiddle - but for a club who aren't amongst the elite regular trophy winners, it was huge. 

I'd agree that it depends on the club and expectations - but those have to be placed within the context of the competition.

And in the context of that particular competition West Ham had a budget probably at least double if not treble the next team and probably about ten times bigger than the average team. 

It's the equivalent of us competing in the FA Vase. We'd be expected to win that, and so were they in the Europa Conference.

If taken seriously then the Europa Conference League should be won by the club from the PL every season. Hell the Europa League should probably be won by a PL club every season.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, Swede said:

First half I thought it was a tale of the two No.20's, one, who's honed his skills and one who is hasn't.The couple of injuries they had early on certainly disrupted their game. I thought second half we upped our momentum and drove on and took the game to them and thoroughly deserved the draw if not more.

Job Williams was my of the match.

Pring and Dickie for me. And O’Leary obviously. But williams very good.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

of course

• An orchestra pit is the area in a theatre (usually located in a lowered area in front of the stage) in which musicians perform. Orchestral pits are utilized in forms of theatre that require music (such as opera and ballet) or in cases when incidental music is required.

You’ve left the aerial for too long BT. 

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Pip King said:

Best Red award goes to whoever started chanting "Johnstone's Paint Trophy, you'll never win that" when they were chanting about their European success

Yeah that was class. But it took about half an hour for me to explain what it was and why it was funny to my 8 year old.

Edited by pj76