IGNORED

West Ham United away third round of the FA Cup match thread

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

You’ve left the aerial for too long BT. 

It's difficult to soar like an Eagle when you walk with Turkeys Your Maj, however i do my most bestest me babber.

Edited by BigTone
7 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Few v Norwich? That could be "policed" by the Girl Guides, well, maybe some parking attendants, with a little help from the Jockey Club. The coppers can do us v West 'am. Play the same evening.

West Ham are quite notorious anyway so there will already be a lot of police that night. I will be very surprised if the game is on the same night. 

Just now, And Its Smith said:

West Ham are quite notorious anyway so there will already be a lot of police that night. I will be very surprised if the game is on the same night. 

I know what you are saying ,

But I was there back when mcinnes was in charge when they played at Upton Park and there again today , there notorious so say supporters is definitely a thing of the past from what I have seen on my last couple of visits , was there early 90s now that was intimidating very much head down and keep quiet , last couple of times pubs full of city and wandering around where you want loud and proud .

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It won't be on same night 100% guaranteed

• Like 1

Anyone got any tissues for this West Ham fan?

Good F.A. cup tie, two teams of vastly different talent, skill and capabilities levelled by one side resorting to the traditional dark arts.

Liam Manning, hang your head in shame. You've embarrassed youself today. You did the easy bit, spotting how vital Coufal is to us going forward, and consequently he was targetted. Mind you, poor old Mavropanos really bought a stinger from the Bristol City thug who went full Harry Kane, backing into him mid air. Thats ghe sort of snide tackle that did for Winston Reid.

As for your muggy supporters singing a tired old ditty about us selling our soul, enjoy your day out, but dont be rushing to book time off for the next round.

A muggy club from a dull corner of the kingdom.

• Haha 13

Watching on TV Williams and Pring stood out as MOM, however Vyner looked so assured at the back. His performance was outstanding today.

Also commentary referenced how we were bullying them physically - its been a while since we've heard that. Well done BCFC! 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I'm not sure it's possible to get such different experiences watching the same fixture than Upton Park and today.

Their fans seem to have changed too.

Cup game against lower league opposition, cheap tickets to fill the ground, there was inevitably more families than would otherwise be the case.

Just watched 2 West ham fans game summaries and both thought we were over physical / dirty. Maybe that's a Premier league thing as I didn't think we were any more physical than usual. Is tackling not allowed in the Prem then? 

Both reviews I watched think TC should have seen red then contradict themselves saying Harry Kane has been doing it for years, very strange.

While both were complimentary about City, it appears the physical rules are different in our respective divisions and they don't like it up 'em. Not West ham like at all.

Nice and physical at the Gate then. 😀

U REDS 

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Good F.A. cup tie, two teams of vastly different talent, skill and capabilities levelled by one side resorting to the traditional dark arts.

Liam Manning, hang your head in shame. You've embarrassed youself today. You did the easy bit, spotting how vital Coufal is to us going forward, and consequently he was targetted. Mind you, poor old Mavropanos really bought a stinger from the Bristol City thug who went full Harry Kane, backing into him mid air. Thats ghe sort of snide tackle that did for Winston Reid.

As for your muggy supporters singing a tired old ditty about us selling our soul, enjoy your day out, but dont be rushing to book time off for the next round.

I've got some gone off grapes I can send him!

Funny how so many of his fellow Londoners are heading for OUR 'dull corner of the kingdom' too.

I do hope he doesn't get too bored in our City IF he heads West for the replay.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

We aint all like that, best ignored. You had a game plan, it worked, we were poor - simple as that

• Like 11
2 minutes ago, Super said:

West Ham fans very complimentary about us but the best ones were ones saying we roughed them up. Bloody great to read!

Absolutely. We're not a typical physical team, so thats a great compliment. Shows the lads did whatever it takes

• Like 2
1 minute ago, whufcmat said:

Evening folks

I hope that those that attended or even watched on TV somehow enjoyed their day. Due to engineering works I have only been in 30 minutes – some of you probably got home before I did!

When we went 1-0 up most would have expected us to win comfortably, but, with West Ham we blow hot and cold, rather than capitalise on an early lead we thought we were comfortable and would win easily …..but, you don’t want to hear about West Ham.

I thought your support was excellent, the synchronised bouncing when you scored even made me smile. Nothing like an away day with a massive following. Hopefully you all had good views (it’s not as bad as some make out) although if I were an away fan I would prefer to be behind the goal in the bottom tier.

In the second half I only saw one winner and it wasn’t West Ham. You played very well and should feel proud, and, I think you’ll win the replay. We could really have done without the extra game.

Met a few BCFC fans in Westfield pre-game, no trouble at all, even sat with a few and had a coffee and chat about both our teams’ fortunes (or lack of them)

Best of luck for the rest of the season and hopefully you can make the play offs and come up!

Thank you, sir, for those kind words. Best of luck for the remainder of the season and hope you can repeat your European heroics from last term. 👍

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone has already posted this, but this is from KUMB about Pring, which i fooking loved!:

Their left back …. Bit of Julian Dicks in his play … potential head case material 
Not sure he would last a full game in Premier league but I thought he was fun

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Cup game against lower league opposition, cheap tickets to fill the ground, there was inevitably more families than would otherwise be the case.

There were lots of excited small kids in West Ham kit with one or both parents in the Westfield shopping centre before the match. Tickets probably easier to get hold of (as well as cheaper), and probably thought they'd see lots of West Ham goals 🤣

2 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Not sure if anyone has already posted this, but this is from KUMB about Pring, which i fooking loved!:

Their left back …. Bit of Julian Dicks in his play … potential head case material 

If you want a West Ham forum with absolute loons try westhamonline.co.uk - basically its a nursery with our fans calling each other out. Kumb is the serious forum, WHO is an asylum!

Edited by whufcmat
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Loads of comments on how we roughed them up. Not sure about that, we competed well aerially with them but there was only one bad challenge- Conways was a bit naughty backing into their guy who was already in the air

I actually thought Conway slipped but maybe I'm wrong. 

I don't think roughing up a team necessarily means fouling them. Fact is Pring clattered a couple of their players leading to one needing a concussion test and one going off injured. 

Not usually our style but in a cup tie away to a Prem team, you absolutely love to see it. 

Moyes wasn't complaining about it either, to his credit. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Mr Hankey said:

Pring was being chased by West Ham a while ago. 

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I actually thought Conway slipped but maybe I'm wrong. 

I don't think roughing up a team necessarily means fouling them. Fact is Pring clattered a couple of their players leading to one needing a concussion test and one going off injured. 

Not usually our style but in a cup tie away to a Prem team, you absolutely love to see it. 

Moyes wasn't complaining about it either, to his credit. 

Interesting, I didn't think we were any more physical than usual but bow to your opinion.

What would they have made of a Warnock team? Now they were physical.

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

It was clear from where I was stood behind the goal, just surprised the lino didn't flag immediately or aren't they allowed to do that anymore? 

I’m presuming the Lino usually works with var, so kept his flag down until after the shot.

Conway was about 8 yards offside!. 

• Like 3