IGNORED

West Ham United away third round of the FA Cup match thread

3 hours ago, normanomates said:

we strolled the FA YOUTH CUP last season...and going strong again this season

now...if your youths win the FA YOUTH CUP ? what do you think?..

moyes is a ***  and a soul sucker

Ah I did wonder. Are the schools not back In London yet then? 

5 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Sorry to hear you couldn't make it Dave. Best wishes to Joe. 

Saw this on the West Ham website so certainly looks like it's already all agreed. Surprised they've not been given the full Atyeo tho. 

Nice little bonus to the coffers for us from the two games. 

Screenshot_20240108_011549_Samsung Internet.jpg

We had about 15% of their ground, that’s about 15% of ours. So fair enough I think. Possibly means a bit of space in the Atyeo for home fans if the demand is there.

A late shout out to West Ham for sorting out those who didn't have tickets because they were with friends stuck on late trains.

They did a reprint for my mate and others were able to get in by using a photo of the bar code sent to them by their mates. 

• Like 9
20 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Have to say I had my reservations about the stadium. But we were quite far back and the view was excellent IMO. It was good to watch the game from a different viewpoint. And the City fans were excellent and loud. Great day 

The view in the lower tier was great but overall the stadium and location was poor. Could not watch my team in that stadium every week. The walk too and from the station was a pain and for the size of the stadium the concourse was similar to QPR! Appreciate there were a lot of us but you can tell it was built as an Olympic stadium and not for football. Maybe I am being over critical but another ground that makes me appreciate Ashton gate as a location and football stadium more.

• Like 2

I was seated about half way up on the half way line with the West Ham fans and the view was great. A football ground in a shopping centre is however, not me.

As to the concourse, it was massive, with a large outdoor area as well, not sure where Walsh.s left foot was. Great day , and good bouncing 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Just on the train back. How far offside was TC for the disallowed goal? None of the highlights have shown it.

I have had a chance to see TC's disallowed goal now, and while I would probably have given him the benefit of the doubt, I think he was just marginally in a different postcode.

• Haha 8
47 minutes ago, walsh left foot said:

The view in the lower tier was great but overall the stadium and location was poor. Could not watch my team in that stadium every week. The walk too and from the station was a pain and for the size of the stadium the concourse was similar to QPR! Appreciate there were a lot of us but you can tell it was built as an Olympic stadium and not for football. Maybe I am being over critical but another ground that makes me appreciate Ashton gate as a location and football stadium more.

The concourse (or more accurately, concourses plural - one for each tier) were huge! I’ve never seen so many toilets. The food offers are better at QPR mind, and that’s not saying much! 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Cracking cup tie

Cracking second half, especially the opening 25 mins where we’re not just controlled with safe possession, but got at them and looked a real threat.

Joe Williams my MOTM, looked so at home against PL opponents after the opening 10 mins, and he put them under so much pressure.  What a pass, tekkers!

Cam Pring not far behind against a top, top, player in Bowen.

O’Leary made some great save, the one with an instinctive hand going the wrong way was probably crucial, as we settled after that.

Thought Conway came alive in last 10 mins of first half, and he took his chance very well.

Nobody played poorly today.

Safe travels all of you, gutted I couldn’t travel today as Joe still unwell.

+++++

Think ticket prices will have already been agreed, so ought to be the same…think they’re agreed per tie, not on a game by game basis.

Hope Joe gets well soon 🙏

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

The concourse (or more accurately, concourses plural - one for each tier) were huge! I’ve never seen so many toilets. The food offers are better at QPR mind, and that’s not saying much! 

5.50 for a semi decent pint was good too - although I think they were clawing some of that back with the (reasonable tasting) 11.50 burgers!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Sorry to hear you couldn't make it Dave. Best wishes to Joe. 

Saw this on the West Ham website so certainly looks like it's already all agreed. Surprised they've not been given the full Atyeo tho. 

Nice little bonus to the coffers for us from the two games. 

Screenshot_20240108_011549_Samsung Internet.jpg

As I thought re pricing then.

Just put this onto the FA cup tread.

Back at work today and have learnt that both Bristol clubs seem to be of the belief that their home replays are going ahead on Tuesday 16th Jan.

Logistically from a policing perspective I can't see this happening, as both games with be capacity crowds (one potentially much larger than the other of course) and something somewhere is going to have to give.

Watch this space, but I wouldn't bet against our game being moved to Weds 17th.

2 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Just put this onto the FA cup tread.

Back at work today and have learnt that both Bristol clubs seem to be of the belief that their home replays are going ahead on Tuesday 16th Jan.

Logistically from a policing perspective I can't see this happening, as both games with be capacity crowds (one potentially much larger than the other of course) and something somewhere is going to have to give.

Watch this space, but I wouldn't bet against our game being moved to Weds 17th.

TV could also be a factor here given a couple of replays will be televised live. I suspect the TV companies are waiting for the result of tonight's final third round game before deciding which replays to show, and on what days. If Man Utd draw at Wigan tonight I wouldn't be surprised if ITV wanted to show the replay at Old Trafford (Man Utd games command significantly higher advertising revenue than games involving most other clubs).

16 hours ago, WessexPest said:

GasGoesMarchingIn would just like to point out that this was a massive game for us, massive. We may have taken more to London than they average at home but something something something Chelsea Carabao Cup, 4,000 on a playschool night.

So that’s us put firmly back in our box.

Think that’s the needy little gas tit, that went on the Man City forum a few years back desperate for attention about rovers. Tragic fool 

Watching the highlights two bits that were of extreme quality yesterday that have had a brief mention in the odd review but generally lost in the enjoyment of the aftermath

MOL’s save from Fornas , with his left arm hand.....Wow , going the wrong way , incredible reactions and how he kept that out with such a strong hand , forearm with a ball hit like that from close in - his reaction and contact with that ball had to be perfect or the ball riccochets into the net anyway

Incredible save tbh and probably about a %10 chance in pulling it off - Quite brilliant

Jason Knights , pass to Joe Williams for the goal , his reaction , awareness of the situation and Joes position , and a ‘training ground’ pass / technique to execute it - Again , quite brilliant , and matched by JW and TC in Parts II & III

• Like 6
44 minutes ago, North London Red said:

TV could also be a factor here given a couple of replays will be televised live. I suspect the TV companies are waiting for the result of tonight's final third round game before deciding which replays to show, and on what days. If Man Utd draw at Wigan tonight I wouldn't be surprised if ITV wanted to show the replay at Old Trafford (Man Utd games command significantly higher advertising revenue than games involving most other clubs).

Oh, they’ll be tempted by that all right. The magic of the cup goes out the window when there’s a chance to show a Manchester United game. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Magic Man said:

West Ham have already starting selling tickets for the replay. Would seem strange to do this without a confirmed date.

They do say: "The Irons will travel to Ashton Gate on Tuesday 16 January, for a 7.45pm GMT kick-off, subject to TV broadcast selections, with tickets going on sale from Monday." so they're clearly stating it's not a confirmed date.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

They do say: "The Irons will travel to Ashton Gate on Tuesday 16 January, for a 7.45pm GMT kick-off, subject to TV broadcast selections, with tickets going on sale from Monday." so they're clearly stating it's not a confirmed date.

not necessarily, they could change the KO time. It's not that clear.

Just now, Lew-T said:

I have to say I thought the concourse was pretty poor. It was quite surprisingly cramped!

I agree. 
Massive space outside but once inside the concourse was awful I thought. 

The view from the upper tier was fine, but the fans do seem very detached from the pitch due to the layout. 
I certainly would not want to play there every week. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Harry said:

I agree. 
Massive space outside but once inside the concourse was awful I thought. 

The view from the upper tier was fine, but the fans do seem very detached from the pitch due to the layout. 
I certainly would not want to play there every week. 

seemed to be miles away from the toilets if you were in 222, I didn't want to risk it at HT!

8 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

TV will have the final say on it. Not yet confirmed.

Won't ASP have a say if City and Rovers are set to play the same day?