IGNORED

URGENT info for those travelling to West Ham by train

8 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Total crowd of around 62k. There is probably going to be about 1.5-2k affected.

I can't see it being delayed. Just a lot of people missing most of the first half.

Went to London Stadium in the summer for MLB. I reckon it'll take around 30 mins from the Elizabeth line stop at Stratford to walk to the ground.

Very busy shopping centre there as well.

A tip from a local, get the dlr from Stratford to pudding mill lane

Its the closest station to the away end, a 5-10 minute walk max 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Total crowd of around 62k. There is probably going to be about 1.5-2k affected.

I can't see it being delayed. Just a lot of people missing most of the first half.

Went to London Stadium in the summer for MLB. I reckon it'll take around 30 mins from the Elizabeth line stop at Stratford to walk to the ground.

Very busy shopping centre there as well.

It's a 10 min walk from Stratford. Or you can hop on the DLR to Pudding Mill Lane and walk from there which makes it 12 mins. 

I always saw today as a bit of a free hit and wasn't too fussed.

After reading this thread I'm desperate now for us to put in a performance and reward those who have had a heck of a day 

Gutted for those who had to cancel and good luck to those still persevering.

• Like 9
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 2

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Make sure each and every one of you claims compensation for your delays.

A good Train Manager will make their passengers aware that they can do this and how they go about it.

In my experience (admittedly not with GWR) some do and some don't.

Edited by Northern Red

Good Luck everyone going, and better luck getting there.

I was meant to be in hospitality today, but a rapidly declining Crohn's issue for me, resulting in an operation in 2 weeks, has led to me, being in a lot of pain, and not able to travel very far at present. So hoping to find a stream to watch online. 

• Robin 2

5 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

I was meant to be in hospitality today, but a rapidly declining Crohn's issue for me, resulting in an operation in 2 weeks, has led to me, being in a lot of pain, and not able to travel very far at present. So hoping to find a stream to watch online. 

Very sorry to hear this. I had surgery for Ulcerative Colitis in 2011, so I can fully empathise with you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

A good Train Manager will make their passengers aware that they can do this and how they go about it.

In my experience (admittedly not with GWR) some do and some don't.

The racey ones 

need a lot of lovin' and some don't
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

If you have a fire stick it’s on espn ( USA ) sports net , bein sports connect, bein sports 2 .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s not whether West Ham give a toss that is relevant, with respect of course. The Metropolitan Police will be the final arbiter of what happens. They might not give a toss either but that will be their call to make not West Ham.

I agree to an extent, if there are 2-3 thousand City fans queuing to get in at the ground, they may well delay the game.

But, if there are 2-3 thousand still at various points in London, still travelling to the ground, I don’t think they would. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

Yes Crohn’s is a pain in the ass 😂 (before anyone says anything I’m sufferer and am allowed to make scaffold humor jokes)

@robinforlife2 I’ve been on TNFa blockers for years (Humira and now Cimzia) One of the reasons I don’t move permanently back home is the availability of biologics in the US that a lot of NHS areas can’t/ won’t pay for. 

PM me if you like and I’ll give you some thoughts if you want them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1