IGNORED

Give the man some credit.

Bs4Red

5 minutes ago, TheFox said:

I am a Leicester fan.

What sane Leicester fan has this opinion? well first of all Leicester is the only good managerial job hes ever done, and even then he couldnt be bothered to be a decent human being in any interview or to any journalist.

I bet youre all having exactly the same conversations down there people were having up here, until Ranieri came in and smashed it to bits and everyones performance levels went up 1000%. 

He does this everywhere he goes. He gaslights everyone into thinking HE is the reason youve won something rather than the person who has actually won it.

He gets a few people off the wage bill.....wowzers what a legend to be able to do that. Not like 1000 people before him havent done exactly the same or more. 

The bloke manages to fall out with everyone important i.e. owners, directors, directors of football (your opinions as fans arent important, and its a good job they arent because beyond blind emotions, youve not a clue how to make a football club decision), and then he gets sacked.

But when he gets sacked the narrative is never what an arse he is, its always the directors and chairmans fault for sacking him, because you buy into the narrative.

His rude demeanour is what makes his stock go up in the average fans eyes.

I actually came here because i think your club IS going to go forward now hes gone and it was a great result yesterday. 

Can only speak for his work here but obviously Leicester speaks for itself but NP inherited an enormous mess here and left us in a significantly better place than he found us.

Cost base down, Performance level up, Profit on Disposal of Players up, Value in the squad up.

Never got the chance for a prolonged period of work on even keel here..

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, TheFox said:

Have a look at his previous jobs and the stuff he does before getting sacked, and you have scores of people queueing up to tell you hes a legend.

Southampton - takes a club over who are 12th in the championship, does a John Carver and avoid relegation on the last day, is hailed a genius despite Rooney'ing them down the table.

Derby - Takes over a playoff team, ***** them within about 2 months, before they end up back in the playoffs

Watford - Gets them relegated whilst victimising players in the dressing room to such an extent he has to be sacked immediately after a game

You lot - Done sweet FA

Carlisle - Goalkeeper scores a goal or else they go down. Complete fluke

Leicester - wins minor trophies like league 1 and the champonship with extremely good players and high wage bill. All but gets us relegated from the Prem bar a miracle late run, is hailed a genius for miracle run rather than the other 3/4 of the season, and then subsequent manager wins the PREMIER LEAGUE ad no one cares because the narrative is "Pearson won the league".

Its pure facts. Believe me, not everyone up here is gaslit.

Pure facts ? :laughcont:

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can only speak for his work here but obviously Leicester speaks for itself but NP inherited an enormous mess here and left us in a significantly better place than he found us.

Cost base down, Performance level up, Profit on Disposal of Players up, Value in the squad up.

He never gets the chance of a prolonged period of work ANYWHERE.

His time at Leicester was over two spells.... the first time he fell out with the owners and went to Hull.

Where he fell out with their owners, and a marriage of convenience brought him back to Leicester.

Im sorry if it doesnt fit your world view, but seriously, if Pearson was the Leicester manager would we have a Premier League, FA Cup, 3 european campaigns and a community shield? no.

The idea that your club was in better hands with him than the guy youve got now is absurd.

When this Manning guy gets you in the playoffs, people will hark back to this whole "cost base down, profit on disposal" thing, and no one will say "Well done Manning".

Can see it coming a mile off

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

13 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

LM stated that we were there to "Compete". The team started out in a 541 formation that looked ponderous and fearful in my eyes. 

Bell is not and will never be an effective RWB and either gave the ball away with his first touches or failed to track his runners (I do acknowledge his chance in the first 10 mins though).

I saw it quite differently.

I certainly didn't see us setting up as 5-4-1 and didn't notice Bell being a RWB, maybe we did that in defending early on as we were under the cosh a bit, but I didn't see us being set up like that tbh. 

14 hours ago, ray savino said:

To a point true. But I think it would have shown more class and a sense of confidence in their decision making if the Board would have done this more effectively in their handling of the sacking and appointment process. Their communication was so blindingly obviously desperate when they saw the general reaction to the sacking. That’s their issue and they live or die by the decision ultimately. I was upset in the manner Nige was sacked and will always be grateful to him for doing a thoroughly good job of giving us a platform for someone to build on. 

I really hope Manning is a blinding success. He seems a decent enough bloke, don’t think he shows signs of ego or arrogance and I don’t blame him for how Nige was sacked or possibly undermined. All that politics (and communicting the reasons with the fans) lay with the Board. 

The board have got to now back the manager to improve the squad as they should and (and looks no doubt probably could have with Pearson after Scott was sold). 

Liam has talked about how fit the players are, how together they are and so on. These strengths are down to Nigel and his team but let's face it if Liam was to say that it would not go down well with the hierarchy.

If they had any class they would have  thanked Nigel and Richard Gould for turning the club around but that would be to admit that they got the club in a mess in the first place. Unfortunately the club is not run by people with that kind of honesty or class.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I know we lost but Southampton we were excellent 

We needed fresh legs as West Ham were gaining momentum. All gave us more energy and even Cornick which I was surprised about in the position he came on did well imo

Said to my dad at half time that with good use of subs we could get back into the game

Mostly because West Ham wouldn't have the flexibility with subs that we did after their first half injuries.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheFox said:

When this Manning guy gets you in the playoffs, people will hark back to this whole "cost base down, profit on disposal" thing, and no one will say "Well done Manning".

Fancy a bet on that statement? Of course many will give credit to Manning - and that's if we get there. But many will also realise that what Manning inherited was because of Pearson, whether or not you want to believe that is up to you. But if you think Pearson hasn't done anything good here then that is on you, just go and look at what he done with the wage bill, what players developed under him, what players got given a chance etc etc. 

Amazing what Schmeichel said about Pearson at Leicester, quite surprised you know a lot more than him that what went on though.

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

19 minutes ago, TheFox said:

His time at Leicester was over two spells.... the first time he fell out with the owners and went to Hull.

Where he fell out with their owners, and a marriage of convenience brought him back to Leicester.

Im sorry if it doesnt fit your world view, but seriously, if Pearson was the Leicester manager would we have a Premier League, FA Cup, 3 european campaigns and a community shield? no.

The idea that your club was in better hands with him than the guy youve got now is absurd.

Getting desperate now Jon. 

Sell up and **** off.

• Haha 4

From Nick Ames in The Guardian:

Liam Manning has been talked about for some time as one of the country’s most promising young managers and the 38-year-old, a former manager of West Ham’s Under-23 side, gave a taste of his style on his return to east London. After a tentative start Bristol City were ambitious, slick and inventive, causing serious problems with their overloads out wide and rotations in the middle. It remains to be seen whether Manning, whose players clearly heeded his half-time call for bravery, can lead the Robins into the top six of a typically madcap second tier in which five points separate sixth spot from 14th, and there is certainly the sense they require more cutting edge. But Tommy Conway’s wonderfully worked equaliser seemed a sign of things to come and if Manning is backed, then perhaps he is the man to turbo-charge a club that routinely falls short of its considerable potential.

13 minutes ago, chinapig said:

From Nick Ames in The Guardian:

Liam Manning has been talked about for some time as one of the country’s most promising young managers and the 38-year-old, a former manager of West Ham’s Under-23 side, gave a taste of his style on his return to east London. After a tentative start Bristol City were ambitious, slick and inventive, causing serious problems with their overloads out wide and rotations in the middle. It remains to be seen whether Manning, whose players clearly heeded his half-time call for bravery, can lead the Robins into the top six of a typically madcap second tier in which five points separate sixth spot from 14th, and there is certainly the sense they require more cutting edge. But Tommy Conway’s wonderfully worked equaliser seemed a sign of things to come and if Manning is backed, then perhaps he is the man to turbo-charge a club that routinely falls short of its considerable potential.

On a similar note, the BBC website report said "Liam Manning is still settling into the hot seat with Bristol City, taking charge in November, but the players appear to be taking well to his change in style".

Amazing how many Bristol Sport employees have infiltrated the mainstream media 😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

We looked shell-shocked at first, standing off them and giving them all the time in the world, but after 20 mins we really grew into the game. LM due loads of credit for not panicking.

I thought it was much sooner than that. Immediately after goal, and esp, obviously, after Paqueta injury, we found our feet, calmed down, and started playing. After first 5 minutes I thought it was really even.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheFox said:

I am a Leicester fan.

What sane Leicester fan has this opinion? well first of all Leicester is the only good managerial job hes ever done, and even then he couldnt be bothered to be a decent human being in any interview or to any journalist.

I bet youre all having exactly the same conversations down there people were having up here, until Ranieri came in and smashed it to bits and everyones performance levels went up 1000%. 

He does this everywhere he goes. He gaslights everyone into thinking HE is the reason youve won something rather than the person who has actually won it.

He gets a few people off the wage bill.....wowzers what a legend to be able to do that. Not like 1000 people before him havent done exactly the same or more. 

The bloke manages to fall out with everyone important i.e. owners, directors, directors of football (your opinions as fans arent important, and its a good job they arent because beyond blind emotions, youve not a clue how to make a football club decision), and then he gets sacked.

But when he gets sacked the narrative is never what an arse he is, its always the directors and chairmans fault for sacking him, because you buy into the narrative.

His rude demeanour is what makes his stock go up in the average fans eyes.

I actually came here because i think your club IS going to go forward now hes gone and it was a great result yesterday. 

1 hour ago, TheFox said:

Have a look at his previous jobs and the stuff he does before getting sacked, and you have scores of people queueing up to tell you hes a legend.

Southampton - takes a club over who are 12th in the championship, does a John Carver and avoid relegation on the last day, is hailed a genius despite Rooney'ing them down the table.

Derby - Takes over a playoff team, ***** them within about 2 months, before they end up back in the playoffs

Watford - Gets them relegated whilst victimising players in the dressing room to such an extent he has to be sacked immediately after a game

You lot - Done sweet FA

Carlisle - Goalkeeper scores a goal or else they go down. Complete fluke

Leicester - wins minor trophies like league 1 and the champonship with extremely good players and high wage bill. All but gets us relegated from the Prem bar a miracle late run, is hailed a genius for miracle run rather than the other 3/4 of the season, and then subsequent manager wins the PREMIER LEAGUE ad no one cares because the narrative is "Pearson won the league".

Its pure facts. Believe me, not everyone up here is gaslit.

47 minutes ago, TheFox said:

Ah yes, a thread on another clubs forum about their current manager. This looks like the perfect place for my 2, 000 word unhinged rant about Nigel Pearson.

Buddy. Who asked?

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, TheFox said:

You are either :gasmask: or an ultra anti Pearsonite.  I’m going for the former as no one would be sad enough to try and sabotage yesterdays outstanding performance - on and off the pitch - and one of our most enjoyable away days for a good while (save the trains!) if they weren’t a sad Saggie. Hopefully! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Id take Schmichiels opinion on NP over some weirdo who haunts other clubs forums. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Id take Schmichiels opinion on NP over some weirdo who haunts other clubs forums. 

Take whatever opinion you want, itll still look weird when you are a Premier League team yet desperate for a way to pine for Pearson back

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, TheFox said:

Take whatever opinion you want, itll still look weird when you are a Premier League team yet desperate for a way to pine for Pearson back

Go and be weird somewhere else. Im fed up of threads being polluted by I love Nige / I hate Nige. If you want to talk about that, start a new thread. This is about something else.

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

Go and be weird somewhere else. Im fed up of threads being polluted by I love Nige / I hate Nige. If you want to talk about that, start a new thread. This is about something else.

Well, thats what he brings. Gaslit v non gaslit, that still rumbles on even when youve won all the biggest trophies in the country and he didnt win any of them.

• Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, red panda said:

Amazing how many Bristol Sport employees have infiltrated the mainstream media 

You can tell Nick Ames isn't a Bristol Sport employee as he didn't feel the need to slag off Nigel or say how great JL and BT are. 😇

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheFox said:

I think he is a great builder tbh. Does he always get the chance to finish, no. That's unfair on him.

He said some interesting things, well his Press Conferences were interesting generally but he spoke of being brought in to effect change for one thing and he also referred to maybe early to middle of his stint here said that he may not reap the benefits. Quite perceptive.

Manning is good, Manning has promise but you possibly aren't fully aware but when NP came in the wage bill was too high, the squad was too big, the morale was shot, our financial losses were major (yes I know Covid accounted for £20-25m of it, mainly spread in the main 2 years). Him and Gould between them were outstanding.

We have a thin and tight squad and when he was sacked the injury crisis was escalating hugely..5 players our at the start of October, became 6 before the International break early on at Leeds, became 8 following the International break, became 10 during the next game, rose to hit 11 by end of October. A blip was inevitable, we literally had 30% rising to 50% of our senior outfield players out.

Early season when most of the still slightly thin squad was fit some League performances were comparable to some recent League ones. Of our 21 senior outfield we had 3 who didn't kick a ball and who still haven't kicked a ball all season before we get into the usual injuries.

It would have been nice to see what NP could have done with a bigger budget post the Scott sale. There is definitely a solid base.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

39 minutes ago, TheFox said:

If we ever make it to the Prem under Manning or anyone else do you honestly think people will be pining for Pearson to come back? Honestly?

I never wanted him gone at the time he went, I think he would have had us around 6-10th this season with players coming back from injury, but that's just my opinion, we will never know. The same as we will never know what a different manager would have done when Pearson came to us, plenty think we would have gone down, again we will never know. He done an excellent job with what he had inherited here imo, and now he's gone.

If anyone gets us to the Prem, whether you like it or not, Pearson deserves huge credit for that, for what he has done for this club and how he has left it. The same as he is well thought of and got some credit for when Leicester won the Prem. 

For what it is worth, a few Leicester fans have been on here long before you, and have said how good he was for Leicester. If you are not a poor Saggie, then you seem very, very bitter and have some sort of personal issues with him. To sign up on here months after Pearson has gone to have some very weird rants is a bit on the bizarre side if you are indeed a Leicester fan.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think he is a great builder tbh. Does he always get the chance to finish, no. That's unfair on him.

He said some interesting things, well his Press Conferences were interesting generally but he spoke of being brought in to effect change for one thing and he also referred to maybe early to middle of his stint here said that he may not reap the benefits. Quite perceptive.

Manning is good, Manning has promise but you possibly aren't fully aware but when NP came in the wage bill was too high, the squad was too big, the morale was shot, our financial losses were major (yes I know Covid accounted for £20-25m of it, mainly spread in the main 2 years). Him and Gould between them were outstanding.

We have a thin and tight squad and wheb he was sacked the injury crisis was escalating hugely..5 players our at the start of October, became 6 before the International break early on at Leeds, became 8 following the International break, became 10 during the next game, rose to hit 11 by end of October. A blip was inevitable, we literally had 30% rising to 50% of our senior outfield players out.

Early season when most of the still slightly thin squad was fit some League performances were comparable to some recent League ones. Of our 21 senior outfield we had 3 who didn't kick a ball and who still haven't kicked a ball all season before we get into the usual injuries.

It would have been nice to see what NP could have done with a bigger budget post the Scott sale. There is definitely a solid base.

Its a balanced and thorough post.

Honestly, if he could reign in his ********-ness, he could have led you up eventually but the fact he is at a club barely a year to 18 months on most occasions anywhere he goes shows how impossible he is to work with. All of his chairmen arent all wrong. My point is, he will create a narrative to make you, us, saints, Derby, everywhere he goes that the chairman is the dick and he gets you on board with that so you are blinded by it.

Its alright someone like Schmeichel piping up, he doesnt make any decisions, nor was he bought by Pearson.

Youve got a great prospect as manager now, I believe in him.

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, TheReds said:

If we ever make it to the Prem under Manning or anyone else do you honestly think people will be pining for Pearson to come back? Honestly?

I never wanted him gone at the time he went, I think he would have had us around 6-10th this season with players coming back from injury, but that's just my opinion, we will never know. The same as we will never know what a different manager would have done when Pearson came to us, plenty think we would have gone down, again we will never know. He done an excellent job with what he had inherited here imo, and now he's gone.

If anyone gets us to the Prem, whether you like it or not, Pearson deserves huge credit for that, for what he has done for this club and how he has left it. The same as he is well thought of and got some credit for when Leicester won the Prem. 

For what it is worth, a few Leicester fans have been on here long before you, and have said how good he was for Leicester. If you are not a poor Saggie, then you seem very, very bitter and have some sort of personal issues with him. To sign up on here months after Pearson has gone to have some very weird rants is a bit on the bizarre side if you are indeed a Leicester fan.

Yeah, they will pine for him back because hes a bit old school and abrasive and rude and people love that. They love the fact he looks hard and he has this weird demeanour.

Weve completed football since he left, and will probably be the best Championship team ever, and people still wont let go.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In fairness there are a minority of Leicester fans who don't appreciate NP so this poster could be genuine.

Misguided at best but genuine.

You can appreciate someone and acknowledge how distorted the fans are.

Claudio Ranieri and Enzo Maresca are two model gentlemen. You dont see them demean journalists or strangle people or have their sons having their bumholes licked by prostitutes on pre season tours.

one won the premier league, the other likely to be best championship manager in history so im entitled to my opinion

2 hours ago, red panda said:

On a similar note, the BBC website report said "Liam Manning is still settling into the hot seat with Bristol City, taking charge in November, but the players appear to be taking well to his change in style".

Amazing how many Bristol Sport employees have infiltrated the mainstream media 😱

I think most people have moved on, including many of the new posters who joined for a few days. Regardless,  most people are delighted with yesterdays result and performance, are content that Manning is achieving enough with the team (no fall in the ppg) and look forward to more……..yet a small number on both sides of the previous manager debate seem to have difficulty moving on….it’s only a tiny number living rent free in each other’s heads though……….