IGNORED

Safe standing

riggers

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I must admit I didn’t read all that because I knew what you were going to say. 

I’m only interested in the end result - and the club messed that up.

Ha I am predictable on this!

Still though I'm trying to think of a solution. Unreserved or POTD seating with ability to move if promoted (ha) or relevant Cup games in some bits..

Upper Lansdown maybe!

Sorry if this has been covered already, but what does the safe standing look like these days? 

I'd be happy to stand for the game itself, but being a bit of an old git these days I appreciate a sit down at half time.   Would each standing area have a seat that could be used when needed or are these fixed either up or down like the rail seat design?  

• SC&T Board Members
3 hours ago, Red Skin said:

Sorry if this has been covered already, but what does the safe standing look like these days? 

I'd be happy to stand for the game itself, but being a bit of an old git these days I appreciate a sit down at half time.   Would each standing area have a seat that could be used when needed or are these fixed either up or down like the rail seat design?  

At present, there has to be a flip-down seat. In future, who knows. That may change.

Personally, I think it should, because it is a safety hazard to have wobbly seats accessible to fans in areas being operated as standing, since fans then can - and will - stand on them and could thus fall off and get injured.

In conventional standing areas (terraces) structures on which fans can stand are banned. So, logic says that this rule may follow in due course for 'safe standing' areas too, with a requirement for the seats to be secured upright when the area is being used for standing. As, indeed, is already the way things are done all over Europe and, for instance, at Celtic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

At present, there has to be a flip-down seat. In future, who knows. That may change.

Personally, I think it should, because it is a safety hazard to have wobbly seats accessible to fans in areas being operated as standing, since fans then can - and will - stand on them and could thus fall off and get injured.

In conventional standing areas (terraces) structures on which fans can stand are banned. So, logic says that this rule may follow in due course for 'safe standing' areas too, with a requirement for the seats to be secured upright when the area is being used for standing. As, indeed, is already the way things are done all over Europe and, for instance, at Celtic.

A wise man once said to me always live at the top of a hill.  That way the walk home will keep you fit and you will live a long life. 

I told him to stop preaching and jumped into an Uber. 

On 09/01/2024 at 15:49, Blagdon red said:

As I said, it's very early days, so my discussion was very non-specific, In any case, the whole point of consultation is to find out the views of as many fans as possible, not just of those with a particular interest in this topic.

18 months is ample time to do that and to put in place the necessary arrangements should it transpire that a large percentage of our fellow fans would support changes being made on this front.

How much was it to put safe standing railings in the south stand corner? Ive heard the figure of around £40k.